True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2013 :  09:04:42 AM  Show Profile
We adopted a rescue horse...
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/163565_4124155762421_1949484826_n.jpg

Then we helped with an animal rescue in Summitville, Indiana...http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/north_central/surviving-animals-from-madison-county-farm-improving
I am the one with my back to the camera when the horses are being herded out of a barn. My son is next to me in the purple jacket.

We put in an application to adopt one of the minis.

We got called to help re-rescue another horse that had previously been placed in foster that didn't work out...
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/923255_4169071805294_1012706702_n.jpg

That same evening, we found out we got approved for the adoption of the mini! If you watch the video clip from Channel 8, she is the little bitty brown girl who puts her nose right in the lens of the camera. I have named her Brownie because she is so sweet. We can pick her up by next weekend.
Whew....I wonder what May has in store for us!?

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com www.farmallchick.blogspot.com www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com

Edited by - FARMALLChick on Apr 26 2013 09:52:52 AM

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2013 :  09:13:05 AM  Show Profile
Lora bless you for rescuing and helping animals that can't help their selves. You are a blessing to them.

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2013 :  09:59:09 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Marlee. I used to take in strays a long time ago, then I lost my job. I gave away/sold just about every animal we had, including my 2 horses. I knew at the time I wouldn't be able to feed them or get proper vet care. It was heart breaking at the time, but it was for the best. Now that I am in a better position and my husband just got a new job we decided to take in just a few - not like before. We have volunteered to help whenever our schedules allow. We are also making available our horse trailer for the Animal Protection League in Anderson for hauling livestock so they don't have to buy one that way they can focus on feed, hay and vet services for fostered animals.

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com www.farmallchick.blogspot.com www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Whirlwind month of April Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page