Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hey Yall Next Topic  

ILoveBaskets14
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Stefanie
Cross Lanes WV
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  09:48:40 AM  Show Profile  Click to see ILoveBaskets14's MSN Messenger address
Hey yall My name is Stefanie and well I guess I'm new on here :) I live in West Virginia, and have three little ones. I am married to a wonderful guy, he is a K-9 unit for our Sheirffs dept. I am really excited to join this.

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  09:56:11 AM  Show Profile
Welcome!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

NC
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  09:59:43 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Stefanie! I'm new here too, but truly enjoy reading the forum. I used to make baskets when my kids were smaller, but haven't done that in years. Do you make baskets or do you just LOVE them?

My husband, too, is in law enforcement for the state of NC. We've moved all over the state, but currently live in the middle of NC.

Welcome again! You'll find great friends here.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  10:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Welcome, Stephanie! How old are your children? Your husband's job sounds great! What type of dog does he have as a partner? There was a young girl on the news here who took on a project to raise money to buy bullet proof jackets for dogs in a K-9 unit.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

ILoveBaskets14
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Stefanie
Cross Lanes WV
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  10:31:04 AM  Show Profile  Click to see ILoveBaskets14's MSN Messenger address
My chidren are Zachary who is 7 he loves to ride his dirt bike, Kaitlyn who is 5 she loves animals as much her mama. and Scottie well we call him Munchie is 2 and loves Thomas the train. My husbands dogs name is Boss he is a Yellow Lab he is a bomb and search dog and a joy to be around.. My childern just love him. I seen Mary Janes Farm Mag. at our book store and just had to buy it. The more I read through it I just fell in love with it and the web site. How did everyone else get started? :)
Go to Top of Page

ILoveBaskets14
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Stefanie
Cross Lanes WV
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  10:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Click to see ILoveBaskets14's MSN Messenger address
oh and about the Baskets .. I have made a few but I LOVE Longaberger Baskets. I sell them and collect them too. You can nevcer have to many baskets I think :)
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  10:43:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Stefanie - If you lived close to me, I'd ask if my husband could have a play date with your son Scottie - David LOVES Thomas the Tank, too! LOL He watches it early in the mornings on Saturday and Sunday and he has a 'G' scale Thomas train set. He actually collects 'G' scale LGB European trains, but there's just something about Thomas that's very cool. :) I found my first MJF magazine in a Kroger grocery store in New Albany, In. (I think it was issue #2). I bought MJ's book last year for myself and another farmgirl pal - we got lost in that book over our christmas break from school and we've been happily hooked ever since.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  10:58:50 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Stefanie- Aren't baskets great? Thay have so many uses, how could you not want a ton of them around the house? I have a few Longaberger baskets dotted here and there. They are very well loved and used. I think the more aged they get, the better they are.
Glad you found that issue of MJf and it led you here.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  10:59:01 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Stefanie!!
I am so glad you found us..you sound great. I have a serious love for baskets too..used to sell Longaberger and still have ALOT of them....arn't they wonderful? I don't think you can have too many baskets either. My favorite is my med. Market..first one I ever got..1986. I use it every single day. I think you will love this group. It will be so fun to get to know you here! everyone is so nice and I learn stuff every day from these gals!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  11:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to the group. That must be a little scary to have a husband in that line of work. I wish you many rest full nights with out worry.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  12:32:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Stefanie!! Welcome to the boards and hope to get to know you better!!

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 6 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmkitty
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Angela
Anderson South Carolina
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  4:56:17 PM  Show Profile
Stefanie --A big welcome from South Carolina. i know you will love it here! I do!! As you can see I am "new" as well but I am enjoying this forum very much . I "discovered" the magazine a few weeks ago while shoping for groceries , funny thing is --I never shop at this particular grocery store!! I just glanced over the magazines and went "hmmm, aprons ...love those" and put it in my cart. When I got home "WOW" --I loved it , immediately logged on and joined , plus ordered the first book and today the bakeover sampler. So I feel like it was fate that brought me here, Welcome hugs, Angela
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  8:06:00 PM  Show Profile
welcome to the group Stefanie.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2006 :  05:00:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi Stephanie! Welcome to the board! I have a dog that flunked out of narcotics detection school. She would go into the room, sniff around, and then sit *wherever.* They tried to rework her for customs at O'Hare, but she didn't have enough bite on towels. So they gave her to me. She's the sweetest, gentlest, most obedient dog I've ever seen, and is spectacular with the grandkids. She's a GSD. I'm glad you have a good one! That's a hard line of work. The company I got her from has over a hundred dog/handler teams in Iraq doing explosives detection. When I adopted my dog, I got a tour of the training facility, and it was absolutely fascinating!!! They also train for cadaver dogs and bitework for police. It was fun to see how they train dogs such as yours. Do you have the option of keeping Boss at the end of his service?

Welcome again to the board; I look forward to seeing your posts!
Go to Top of Page

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2006 :  05:35:28 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Stefanie! Im new here too, but already have developed a serious addiction.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

ILoveBaskets14
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Stefanie
Cross Lanes WV
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2006 :  12:27:51 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ILoveBaskets14's MSN Messenger address
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE WARM WELCOME:) We do get to keep Boss when he retires, but he started sniffing out drugs and he is just trained to sniff out bombs and tracking people .. AS OF right now he is still with us we dont know what they will do because of this , they say it isnt safe for the officer when you dont know what he is sniffing out. We hope and pray that we will get to keep him and just get a new dog for his work, but that is up to the Sheirffs Dept. Fingers crossed.

Baskets of Blessings :)
Go to Top of Page

lambgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Heidi
Ellensburg wa
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2006 :  08:19:48 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Stephanie!

My Husband is also a K-9 Handler for the State Police. He loves it. I have 4 kids ranging from 18-9 keeps me busy running after them. This is such a great site. I and a few other farm girls are planning a trip to Mary Janes Farm this next year since it is only a few hours away.
Enjoy!
Heidi
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2006 :  09:13:05 AM  Show Profile
I hope to meet you there Heidi!! I totally plan on being there next Farm Fair..I was very very bummed to have to miss it last summer!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lambgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

93 Posts

Heidi
Ellensburg wa
USA
93 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2006 :  6:30:43 PM  Show Profile
That would be so cool. My sister just moved to Riverton Utah is that close to you? We are hoping to make a trip to see her this next summer. Have you had a chance to make anything with the alpaca wool yet. I would love to see pictures. I am currently working on a scarf.

Heidi
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hey Yall Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page