Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 heart attack 2 stent in
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic heart attack 2 stent in Next Topic  

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  10:35:57 AM  Show Profile
howdy my friends, I have not been on for a while now. I have been very sick. I had to get my iron infusion the first of sept. I was very sick from it. it is the only way I stay alive. then on the 10th I had a heart attack. I went to hospital. I spent 3 days in icmu. it is a step down from icu. they sent me home after a battery of tests. the radio active and dye test and stress test. I am strong so nothing showed. they sent me home. in 36 hours I had another. I thought it was a bronchial spasm. so endured it for 8 hours in my bed. I took 6 hot baths with steam to try to quiet it. my symptoms were not normal for a woman. in the morning I could not stand the pain any longer. so back we went. I flat lined in the e.r. so surgery was immediate. then another 4 day hospital stay. very scary. then I came home and due to my porphyria I crashed on the meds. so then they stopped the calcium channel blocker and heart beat regulater pills. I was a little better. then I reacted to the Plavix. I have a dna flaw in the place that breaks drugs down. so today I am better. I am on brilenta for a blood thinner. yesterday was the only day in the month I was not bed ridden. I am happy to be alive. so my cow came home yesterday. with help from papa I am milking again. not much power yet but I can see I will be better soon. I missed being on here and talking with all my farmgirl friends. its been a long walk. marjean emailed me to see where I was. it was awesome to know some one noticed I had been gone from here. we have sold most cows now. I have 3 girls left. I am milking one jersey girl named sweetie. my heart attacks were not health related. I have a cholesterol of lower than 100. I am skinny now. I lost more weight through this experience. it will be fun gaining my weight back. they said it was a dna thing. my dad had 2 or 3 heart attacks a year. I got this from him. so heart disease from dad and porphyria from mom. so for today it is happy days for me ahead. love all you guys and missing having the power to post. so am on the road to good days. we butchered a cow who was not ice yesterday. when the boys came to butcher they were so kind. I gave them a bag of home made soaps and chap sticks. they all me a swiss army knife. that's a great compliment. so hope to e on more again. have surely been missing all of you. happy days to you, sherry

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  10:49:56 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sherrye I have been missing you so much. I wondered what had happened to you. I am so sorry to hear all that has happened to you healthwise.
Its a miracle that you are okay and so glad that you are.
You have been through so darn much and so glad you are better.
I hope you continue to get better and make sure you pace yourself.

Prayers,lots of love, and hugs to you Sherrye!!!

Take care.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  10:50:50 AM  Show Profile
Sherry, sorry you had such a bad month, but glad the surgery went well for you. Please do take it easy and let us know how you are doing. Yes, you have been missed, my dear!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  11:07:33 AM  Show Profile
I have tears in my eyes from your posts. thank you so much for the love my friends

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  11:27:55 AM  Show Profile
Sherry, you are so loved. I've not been on much, have been too busy this summer so I didn't know that you've been gone. I'm so sorry that you've been through so much and hope that you will be stronger soon and gain back your health.

Don't work too hard and give yourself time to ease back into your daily doings about your home.
You've got such an enduring spirit and I am always learning to keep up my enthusiasm for life and get by no matter what due to you. Thank you so much my dear, for being such an inspiration.

Get Better!

Hugs
Annika

You must do the thing you think you cannot do
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Annika
Farmgirl & Sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  3:21:02 PM  Show Profile
Sherry,

I am so sorry that you had to go through that ordeal. How scary that must have been for you and your family. I am glad to hear that you are on the mend and am praying for continued healing for you! I agree with Annika, you are inspiring. No matter what trials you have gone through you are encouraging. :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4116 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4116 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  5:41:36 PM  Show Profile
Hay Sherrye, nice to see you back on line. I read your posts on KFC. Prays to you and your family.
Michele
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  8:43:28 PM  Show Profile
You've been through a harrowing ordeal. I'm glad you're better now. You ARE an inspiration to others and we're all praying for you. You take care of yourself now, ya hear?
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  06:59:50 AM  Show Profile
I have a doctor visit today. I am hoping I will be allowed to use the tractor today. will keep you posted when I get home.

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  07:54:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Sherrye, I love you, sister. You are in my prayers. I know how scary this was and what a trial it has been for you. I'm so thankful that you are such a strong person with such a bright outlook on life. Cindy's right: you ARE such an inspiration! God bless you. I pray you will be healthy, happy and whole for many, many years to come! Sending lots of love your way, sister! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2013 :  08:21:14 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye
All the farmgirls have said it all best. I too am praying you remain strong and have continued health improvements. Please hear the warnings of easing back into things, we want you to be on here SO much longer!

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~

Edited by - lovinRchickens on Oct 08 2013 08:22:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  07:49:12 AM  Show Profile
Hope your doctor visit is a good one. Good luck my friend. Prayers and a big hug.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  11:53:18 AM  Show Profile
Sherry!
So glad to see you back, and so sorry to hear of your health issues! How scary for you, but I am glad to see you back and that you are on the upswing! You are amazing.

Hope things continue to improve and know you were missed!

Prayers and Hugs!
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  07:36:38 AM  Show Profile
oh my you all are so wonderful. I feel very loved here. my doctor visit went great. he said I can use the tractor. I need to not bounce around on it too much. yesterday I cleaned the barn up. it felt great. we brought sweetie our milking jersey in. to keep the work down a bit she sleeps here. then after morning milking I take her to pasture with the car. she does not like walking distances. I am so much stronger than I was before hearty attack. we did not realize it was slowing me down. with the clot gone I can breath better. the cold is settling in here in the high desert. it was so fun having a good hard enough for now work day on the farm. we will be bringing in the chicken tractor this week end. we need to get their water heater on. the grandkids and papas swimming pool is still laying on the patio empty. so many things to get ready for winter. I lost just about a full month of days with this illness. I keep telling my heart how much I love her. how happy I am she is ticking away. I really do need to say my God Jehovah was with me through this. a few times I was really scared. I would pray to him and feel the peace of God that excels all thought would be mine. He is guiding me. I forgot for a bit and thought I was in control. silly me, what was I thinking? the sun is out the sky is blue. life is beautiful. just the choice of being here and deciding what my day will be is an awesome pleasure. happy days to you all my friends sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  11:56:49 AM  Show Profile
WooHoo! That's good news Sherry! It makes a huge difference being able to work outside doesn't it? I am glad that you are feeling better :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  11:56:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sherry glad the doctor visit went well. So glad to see you posting again. You are such a sweetie. So glad your are doing better. Just don't push too hard in has not been that long you know since your heart attack.

We are getting ready for winter too. Its seems like it sneaks up on us every year. I keep crossing things off my list as we get them done. Each task finished makes me feel so much better.So glad you are here and able to enjoy the pretty fall days.Yes the Lord is good and glad he was able to give you peace in your heart and mind. Big smile hugs to you.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2013 :  06:21:15 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye, I had been missing your posts. So sorry to hear about all you have been through, and so glad that things are looking so much better. Hope you continue to grow stronger and healthier every day. I'm looking forward to seeing more posts about how life on your little farm is going.

Karin
Farmgirl Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2013 :  09:16:00 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad my email got you on here again so you could let everyone know what was going on with you. I miss you so much! I'm sending you a letter in the mail soon. Just need to make sure I have the right address. I'll email you to make sure.

It is so amazing at what our bodies can go through when we are strong and determined to keep living! I'm praying for you to get well soon. Just don't over do it now that you are feeling better. Take it slow and steady.

Love and Hugs to you dear sister,

Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com

www.helporganizeyou.com
www.mycountrygourmethome.com/chefmarshaj
www.marketsofsunshine.com
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  6:35:18 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye,
I have been a bit absent here myself and just saw your post. My goodness,
I am so glad that everything worked out for you and I am sending prayers for you to be back to your old self soon!
I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing what you are up to.
Be well, and take care of yourself.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2014 :  11:03:11 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye how are you doing? I have called but did not get a call back. I'm worried about you girl!

Farmgirl sister #308
Cooling Neck Wraps
www.marketsofsunshinefl.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
Vendor Marketing Swag Bags
www.marketsofsunshine.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic heart attack 2 stent in Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page