Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Frazzled Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2013 :  8:42:10 PM  Show Profile
My nerves are so frazzled. I can't go into detail but I had to stop taking the med. my doctor had prescribed to calm me down cause it was affecting my asthma. I see my dr. on Thursday. I'm still taking my regular meds. but I have nothing to calm me down. It's very uncomfortable feeling this way. I can't eat and I can't sleep. I keep trying to cultivate positive energy and not let my imagination run away with me. I think our nation is headed for a crisis and I think I'm headed for a crisis of my own. I pray God gives me the strength to handle it. I think of a song a friend of mine wrote that has the lyrics:"I guess it's best we don't know what the future holds/Can't change it anyway, it just unfolds". I just don't like the way things are unfolding. Please keep me in your prayers.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  03:45:51 AM  Show Profile
Cindy,

I understand exactly how you are feeling. I think many of us are feeling the same way in regards to our nation. The stress and anxiety of everyday life can be very overwhelming and scary. I know, I go through the same feeling when I don't have the proper medications to help.

Take a deep breath and just get through one moment at a time. Try to find some quiet for the next few days until you get to the dr.

Good Luck
Arttie
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  05:16:06 AM  Show Profile
Just emailed you, Cindy! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  05:21:05 AM  Show Profile
I totally understand what you are going through. I am a Christian mom who
worries too, but I believe that God's plan is unfolding and He is holding us
tightly in His hands. He will never forsake us if we believe. Keep your eyes on
Him in this time of stress. He doesn't want us to worry, but to enjoy the life
we have. Pray for our nation and for wisdom to know how to handle your stress.
I would suggest opening up God's word. You'll be amazed at what He shares and
helps you to understand.
Do you journal? Sometimes it helps me to write out my frustrations and then
throw them away. It also helps me to list positive blessings instead of focusing
on the negative that we can't control.
I will pray for you.
With love and friendship,
:)

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  05:31:00 AM  Show Profile
I know your doctor appointment can't here quick enough, but in the meanwhile I'd like to share something with you.

I recently went through an interesting and extremely effective series of counseling sessions with a therapist who specializes in trauma. Keep in mind trauma can be anything, not just the huge, horrible stuff like soldiers experiencing battle, etc.

Part of the sessions included her teaching me how to calm down, which has been difficult for me because I had so much running through my head that I was almost always at least a little anxious.

The first thing we did was deep breathing, which many people do incorrectly, or at least in a way that doesn't give you the full benefit. If you know to inhale deeply and have your belly pooch out, then you are good. Most people raise their shoulders when they take what they think is a deep breath.

So lie on the floor with a pillow under the backs of your knees to take the strain off your back. Get as comfortable as you can. Rest one hand lightly on your belly. Inhale slowly through your nose and make an effort of feel the air fill up the lower part of your lungs so your belly rises under your hand. Do not raise your shoulders. This can take a little getting used to, by the way. Exhale slowly through your mouth and really push at the end until you can't exhale any more. You won't do this part all the time, and it is also a,strange feeling.

Do this a few times until you get comfortable with it. If you feel comfortable like this - on the floor- then just stay there and do this 8-10 times, focusing on nothing but your breath. Hopefully this in and of itself might make you feel a little bit better already - just slowing down and focusing.

Do this 2-3 times a day.

Once you are more comfortable with this belly breathing, you can do it anywhere, not lying down. The key to it all is to not raise your shoulders because when you do that you aren't really breathing deeply.

As an interesting aside, smokers often say a smoke break calms them down, but nicotine is actually a stimulant. It is the deep breathing they do when inhaling the smoke that is calming them down.
Go to Top of Page

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  05:49:48 AM  Show Profile
Sorry - I forgot to mention that you do that weird, hard exhale with just the first breath of each session.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  06:33:37 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the tips on breathing properly. I've been doing the belly breathing (for lack of better term) for years. The real problem is that things are happening that are beyond my control, and I'm caught up in it, and the situation is...desperate. I've got to keep myself together cause right now, myself is the only thing that I can control. I have a feeling that it's only going to get worse, and while I haven't done anything wrong, other people have. I tried so hard to save these people from themselves, and it didn't work. I guess all I can do is leave it up to God.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  06:45:15 AM  Show Profile
Please know you are in my prayers. I suffer from General Anxiety Disorder and know exactly what you are feeling. Just know that God loves you and will protect you.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  08:14:40 AM  Show Profile
Cindy I am praying you can find peace in your mind and soul. I hope your doctor is able to find an alternatife med. for you. Hang in there honey.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3001 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3001 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  5:55:20 PM  Show Profile
It is very hard to find peace in trying times such as these without having personal issues on top! I will be praying for you Cindy.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  7:48:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cindy,
Would you like to join us tomorrow in the Sisterhood Day of Prayer? Check it out under this forum. You could ask the sisters who are praying to ask God to help you through this difficult time.
I will be praying for your needs.

Things to do today: 1. just breathe

Jenny
Sister #4359
Be someone's blessing.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13569 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13569 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  3:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Cindy,
Praying for you! I know, all too well, how it feels!
PRAYING!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2013 :  8:07:14 PM  Show Profile
Update: Thank you to everyone who prayed for me. I did see my dr. and he decided to adjust my medication---then I went to the pharmacy and they were out of it! Said they wouldn't have it till Monday. I'm doing better now, today was just beautiful and it was our town's artist studio tour. I went to some of the different studios and watched a man create pottery in just minutes. It was incredible. I got some ideas and inspiration for my own artist endeavors. When I'm stressed, I find that creating something can help. It doesn't matter if anyone understands it or not--I've done paintings that even I don't understand. I think all those in Congress should have to take a class in accessing the creative side of their brains--we need creative thinking to solve the problems the world faces. Wasn't it Albert Einstein who said: "You can't solve a problem with the same mindset that created it."?
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2013 :  2:22:00 PM  Show Profile
So glad to hear you are on the mend. I will continue to pray for you.
Remember what Christopher Robin said to Pooh, "You are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think." God Bless You.

I'm counting my blessings today instead of my calories.

Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a very large amount of gratitude. A.A.Milne

Jenny, Blessed Sister #4359
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Frazzled Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page