Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Beginning to think my little farm is cursed.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Beginning to think my little farm is cursed. Next Topic
Page: of 2

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  02:57:48 AM  Show Profile
Lora, Maybe you should write a book, it might just be the next best seller. It sounds like you have plenty going on. Are you blessed with paranormal and a bad neighbor? As I read your post I also thought of sage smudging and having your house blessed. I have a friend who had issues with ghosts in her house. She talked to them and told them to stop and they did. I am also for a game camera, maybe even a couple, you might be surprised at what you see. Is it possible someone is also coming into your house when you are not home? Could it be possible someone wants your land or farm? It would not hurt to report all events to the law, just for the record. Part of what you listed happens to all of us on a farm, but part of what you listed is spooky to say the least. If all else fails, you can start setting up at night in the barn or some where else and wait for who ever is messing with you. My hubby and brother -in-law would set up at night in a barn waiting for days to see what was killing our 20-30 lb piglets (this was before game cameras). It was a killer coyote. We lost 30-40 pigs before it was over. Our family has been through unbelievable trials and tragic events. All I can tell you is to keep your head up and see the beauty and good in every day regardless how bad it gets. You will be a better and stronger person in the end. Doesn't make it easier, but bad things happen to good people. There is always the option of moving. Leave the bad karma behind you and start a new. Easier sad then done I know. I am Christian and I don't know where I would be without my faith. I know God is always with me which has given me incredible strength to move forward. Hope he will give you strength and peace also.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4720 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4720 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  05:27:40 AM  Show Profile
I agree completely with the sage and salt approaches. I had to deal with some type of mean spirits twice in the past. One was at a place I worked at years ago where I actually felt the icy hand finally reach out and break a beautiful necklace I was wearing! Yes, it did happen and I had had enough. I got up stormed around & yelled at it to knock it off. That I wasn't there because I wanted to be, but because I needed the money and had to work. It seemed much friendlier to me after that.

The second was in our old house that we sold 2.5 years ago. This house plagued us the entire time we lived there, 2002 to 2012. At the end before the final walk through, I yelled at this ghost to knock it off. I told it that it had won, we were leaving. Amazingly we were able to get the heck out of there and we have never heard from the new homeowners since.

I feel there is definitely more than natural causes going on at your place. Have it blessed, but try the other suggestions as well. Lose your temper and tell it off! Hopefully all of it will clear the air and give you peace.

Dawn in IL

Edited by - ddmashayekhi on Feb 17 2015 05:48:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lexi Lavender
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Lexi
Bangor Maine
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  10:17:29 AM  Show Profile
Well I'm interested in this posting because we've been on the property almost 2 years and I've been feeling overwhelmed myself... There was an old decrepit structure here when we first came.. I thought I sensed a spirit a few times although it was more of a feminine kindred spirit...I liked to think of her planting some of the flowers that came up around here. I did however talk to her on multiple occasions and thanked her for her contribution to the property but let her know it was ours now and she could move on. I also smudged with Sage in the 4 directions and sprinkled salt around perimeter areas. I don't sense her anymore. I think if you have a presence it sounds more negative. I would ask someone experienced for help.
I also agree with the webcam suggestion...we actually did that. You can get them camophlaged and should put them up at night, discreetly for best effectiveness...
Our poor old dog had a fungal infection in her spine and my hubby and I took a week off and we were going to put her down when my bunny died unexpectedly of a bowel obstructions, poor thing.. We waited and put dog down a few weeks later only to discover our cat had bone cancer. So we lost all 3 in about 4 months. Then I was hospitalized with high BP. Now I've lost my job and spent 2 months trying to get work.
SO, spring is here...time for new beginnings. I would suggest using measures to protect yourself and your property (no trespassing signs) and take some deep breaths and keep moving forward. Together we can do anything! Please let us know how things progress and if any of this helps!

Lavender Lexi
Farmgirl #4034

Edited by - Lexi Lavender on May 03 2015 10:18:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2015 :  12:35:51 PM  Show Profile
A friend's daughter and her family live in a strange house too. After bringing in an antique wood cook stove as a decorative item, she walked into the living room and smelled tobacco smoke. No one had ever smoked in the house. She, the child and her husband all saw an Indian woman, in the hall, bathroom, and a bedroom. After the third baby came and he did not sleep, cried out at night, etc., one morning the mom said she did not understand why he did not sleep. The little girl said he couldn't' sleep because those people in his room were having a party every night, dancing and playing cards. For a long time he slept with three rocks so he could hit those people if they came back. One night the mom went into the master bedroom. The little boy was laying across the bed, looking underneath. She asked what he was doing, to which he replied that a little boy was under there and wanted him to come and play. They live very very near an Indian burial ground. She has, for years, taken oil, blessed it by Reading Bible verses, then rubbing it above her Windows and doors, each time telling the devil to leave her home. It does seem to help for a few months or a year or so before they return. I have also used this in our home.
I am 71 and it seems to me that life runs in cycles. You have some good, easy years, then you are challenged. That is a long period of problems. Then another good period, etc. In the past twelve years my husband had bladder cancer, and back surgery. I had ovarian cancer, two knee replacements, hernia surgery, six hospital visits in two weeks, being put to sleep each time. We had three lightening strikes in less than a year. That killed two computers, my cook stove, dryer cycle and some plugs. A pecan tree fell on the house. I was stopped at a red light when I was hit from behind by a woman who took prescription drugs and went to sleep at 10:30am. I fell and broke my left wrist. My husband's back went out and he could not walk for two weeks. I tripped over a garden hose and broke my right elbow. An ulcer opened on my ankle, requiring three months of wound care and lazer surgery to destroy the vein from my groin to my ankle. Then our younger granddaughter was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the washer quit, and the old fridge died. I call it life. I am a Christian. The Bible tells us we will have tough times so we will be tougher and stronger and can withstand the strong winds of life that blow against us. Sometimes it does seem hopeless, but I remind myself that I have God with me and it will be ok.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2015 :  5:27:48 PM  Show Profile
Dear Lora, I am sorry you are suffering through so much. It is hard to see the path laid out for us when so many challenges stand in the way. I have always tried to remember that when I struggle through difficult times, it can make me more compassionate and understanding when someone else is struggling. You have been hit with a lot, but your spirit is obviously strong. Sometimes you just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other, no more, no less. I will pray for you!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Lexi Lavender
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Lexi
Bangor Maine
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2015 :  10:30:04 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all who've shared a story here. I do think it helps keep our own troubles in perspective to hear about the troubles of others. I also think we aren't given more than we can handle and we learn from adversity. I have learned a lot from my 4 months of unemployment. As a nurse I've always worked hard and been compensated well for my efforts. Working the last month for minimum wage has been eye opening. I will move on to my 2 part time nursing jobs next week with new appreciation and gratitude for my life.

Lavender Lexi
Farmgirl #4034

"Unemployment is capitalism's way of getting you to plant a garden." Orson Scott Card
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2015 :  04:30:40 AM  Show Profile
Amen!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Beginning to think my little farm is cursed. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page