True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  4:54:49 PM  Show Profile
Sally,
What a cute pot bellied pig. Has the right idea for keeping cool! Love all the pics.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2014 :  08:43:21 AM  Show Profile
A pig is one pet I've never had as a pet. Watching Green Acres made me want one as a child but I lost interest in them when I touched one at a fair. Their fur was so rough! lol

Farmgirl sister #308
Swag Bag Marketing
www.marketsofsunshine.com
Bible Research
www.jw.org
Go to Top of Page

toppcat
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Cathie
Talmo GA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  12:48:03 PM  Show Profile
I have three dogs (Pomeranian, Chic-Pom, Labradore/Springer Spaniel Mix) and one cat (Egyptian Mau). We also have chickens (Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rock and RIR/BR mix), ducks (I think they are Mallard and Khaki Campbell). We have three adult American Chinchilla rabbits and five kits and three German Angora rabbits. At the end of the month we will be getting pheasants. I hope to also get some goats as well, but that may take a while.

When I was a child we had chickens, turkeys, geese, peacocks, rabbits, horses and one donkey. My Dad grew up on a farm in Maine and passed on his love of farming and animals to me.

Farmgirl Sisterhood #6366
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  10:14:31 PM  Show Profile
As a kid on the farm we had a border collie, chickens, geese, hogs, cows and a cockatiel. Now I have tow cats, Tasha a rescued Russian blue, a tabby named Miss Emma and 9 30" koi indoors. My neighbor has chickens so I count them as mine too when they come through the fence. Love to hear about your loved ones.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2015 :  1:06:04 PM  Show Profile
I have four cats, all rescues. Bogie has diabetes and has to have insulin twice a day. He's also blind, but he gets around really well. Buffy has severe asthma and arthritis, and recently had surgery for breast cancer (yep, cats get it, too). Poppie and Pennie are healthy, but no one wanted them (they're litter mates). My mom moved in a year ago with her kitty, Pinky, who is quite spoiled! I feel like I'm running a cat hospital sometimes, but I love them all!

Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Goat Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Katherine
Lunenburg Vermont
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2015 :  05:06:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I don't know how I missed this topic but here goes. I have 4 dogs. My oldest is a black lab named Gemini, she's 10; then comes two rescues that are both 7. Mustang who is a shepherd mix and Red who is a plot hound mix; then I have Roxanne who is 5 and Gemini's puppy. Then there are 4 cats. A grey about 10+ that is a rescue named Cody; a yellow tiger that is 6 named Runt; and a sister and brother that are two named Mittens and George. He is huge and orange and white, she is petit and 3 colored. They both have four double paws. I have one ring necked dove that is 17, his name is Bird. Outside I have two bunnies one was given to me and her name is Willow and she is a white lion head and the other is Ditch a brown and white foundling. Then there are "the girls" that are the chickens. White sexlinks and road island reds; and one rooster. Then there are "the kids". Boar cross and one Nubian. Sox who is 10; Roadrunner and Issabelle who are 4 and Goldie and Capricorn who are 1 year old. There's always room for more. Thanks for letting me share.

Vermont Goat Girl
Go to Top of Page

Lowrider
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Karen
Linthicum Maryland
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  5:38:20 PM  Show Profile
We currently have three dogs. A brand new 9 week old Jack Russell puppy, a Cockapoo that I purchased up in Lancaster Pa while on a camping trip. I took $400.00 with me to buy a coach purse at the outlets and just couldn't pull the trigger when it came down too it. I'm too much of a tomboy to carry fancy name brand crap. So on the way home I saw a sign on a Morgan horse farm for puppies. Well I picked out the cutest fluffiest one there. She is my shadow! The third is a rescue named Lily who is 13. Horses are all gone!

ArtSeaFartSea Me!
https://www.pinterest.com/lowrider04/
http://lowriderchic.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2015 :  03:41:58 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I have two dogs. The first one I have had since she was 5 1/2 weeks old and she is over 15 years old now. Her name is Maggie and she is a schnauzer/rat terrier mix. Three years ago she got diabetes. Within 2 weeks of giving the insulin (that I have to give twice a day) she went blind. The best dog I will ever have. The other one is purebred Llassa Apso that I acquired from my son, when the dog was about 6 months old. Her name is Ali. She is about 9 years old now. A loving dog but high-strung at times.

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2015 :  6:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Aww such beautiful pictures and stories of everyone’s pets! I currently have 3 dogs. Takaya: a 9 year old Alaskan Malamute. Zakell: a 5 year old Anatolian Great Dane. Adalyn: a 1 year old Australian Shepard Border Collie. I so badly want one of those cute little frogs that you put in your kitchen but I keep talking myself out of it. I am afraid I will struggle to keep it alive! Plus my 3 dogs keep me busy enough now. No more indoor pets!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

srosedahl
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Sarah
North Hero VT
USA
122 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2015 :  09:34:48 AM  Show Profile
We have 4 cats, two rescued from the animal shelter and two who adopted us when we lived in New Orleans; and 9 hens who all have names and live in a chicken palace I am thinking about adding sheep in the spring, but need to build a palace for them and fencing. When I moved to Vermont my dad always talked about buying some sheep for me, but he passed away last year...so I have been thinking about it more often lately. I'm also planning to illustrate and write a sheep a-z book after I realized there are over 1000 breeds of domestic sheep. One of my winter projects.

Sarah Rosedahl
www.srosedahl.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2015 :  11:31:59 AM  Show Profile
Right now we have 7 hens (that I refer as my girls). They all have names, Charles, Lois, Doppler, Voldemort, Rosa Park, Sweet Pea, Skittish and Gorgeous! We have one kitty names Stella, who is quite the cutie pie!

Would love to have more cats but Stella, having been a stray, is territorial and would not make for a peaceful household!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2015 :  7:27:26 PM  Show Profile
Love your animals everyone. Especially the cute names. We used to have a bearded collie and a malamute. Both died of old age.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  2:38:28 PM  Show Profile
Well...one very spoiled 16 year old dog--chow shepherd cross
One barn cat, 3 shop cats--one who had the tips of his ears chewed off as a kitten by the mother cat.
20 chickens
35 cows/calves

We also had pigs for years when our son raised them for 4H and FFA. I'm seriously happy that's over.
I'd like a goat but dh says no so far.

Oh!! And 60-80,000 bees! Can't forget those girls.

"Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other art follows. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."

Daniel Webster

Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  9:05:12 PM  Show Profile
natalie I love the yaks!! I know someone who has a couple of them in her petting zoo of all things they are awesome.

I have
1 llama - tekoa - he's the guard he likes his job.

2 chickens - gabby and sallie (spoiled girls I might add)

8 wallabies (mini-kangaroos) and 3 joeys in pouches
girls - pippi shes the boss girl , Sydney and nona rose
boys - guigley he's king of the mob - a total sweetheart,
Dundee and mick.

not many animals now used to have lot more when I had petting zoo and pony rides, at one time did animal education programs with various exotic's. miss them had to give them up when I got sick.

I am like natalie with her yaks I am at home with my roo's
its just normal for me to have ''different'' animals for family.
for me carrying a joey or two around with me 24/7 is as normal as someone walking their dog lol

Teresa
sister #1506

Dance Like No One Is
Watching.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6391 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6391 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  04:59:12 AM  Show Profile
We have 3 mini long hair Dachshunds Heidi, Bella, and Holly, and a Canary as well as a Leopard Geckgo!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  05:12:08 AM  Show Profile

This is my Cutie. If I had a farm or more land, there would be tons of horses, goats, pigs, etc. But I'm blessed having this little furry baby. Love all your photos

A Life Without a Friend, Is a Life Without Sun
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  09:53:27 AM  Show Profile
I am such a bad mom. ha
I left out one of my furr babies on the list.

1 royal palm turkey. "Dobie" short for Doberman as in watchdog.
He loves people and especially children. he used to be in my petting zoo. He loves his wallaby family and prefers being with
them. he is quite protective of them. really funny boy.

Teresa
sister #1506

Dance Like No One Is
Watching.
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  3:19:08 PM  Show Profile
Since my last posting, we have added more dairy goats to our herd with past kids and just picked a new herd sire this past week along with a doe given to us. Added rabbits last year. We will soon have more kids as kidding season starts end of month for us!

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

Sydney2015
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Sydney
Minnesota
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  5:31:43 PM  Show Profile
We have 13 horses, and donkey, 8 dogs, 5 beef cows, 4 beef calves, a lot of chickens, and a dairy cow(Jersey).
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  5:40:49 PM  Show Profile
Sydney, do you milk your cow? We are thinking of getting one.

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

Sydney2015
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Sydney
Minnesota
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  7:58:30 PM  Show Profile
She is going to be bred to have her first calf this year, so next year, I get to milk her. If you go to the Heritage Jersey Organization website you can learn a lot of things. Just ask MaryJane.

https://www.heritagejersey.org/chatroom/
Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  07:26:09 AM  Show Profile
Betty
must see photos of your goats.
that is one thing I really miss are my goats.
I had some fainting goats and they were so fun.
I hope one day soon to get some land and get
a couple more goats just for the fun of having
them. there is NOTHING much cuter than a baby
goat. well I say that..a piglet is adorable
and well about any baby animal is cute. ha ha

I hope to have a milk goat in the future.
Do any of you have milk goats? what breeds do
you like the best if you do? I had a alpine
girl but never got to milk her yet before having
to rehome her. Had a saneen male he was the best
natured boy. would like one day make cheese
and not really sure what breed may want for that
or does it matter much?

Teresa
sister #1506

Dance Like No One Is
Watching.
Go to Top of Page

Reflections in Embroidery
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Mary
Ronkonkoma New York
USA
9 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  03:53:04 AM  Show Profile
I have 2 cats. Daisy Mai, and Mia.
Go to Top of Page

Reflections in Embroidery
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Mary
Ronkonkoma New York
USA
9 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  03:54:12 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ceridwen

Right now we have 7 hens (that I refer as my girls). They all have names, Charles, Lois, Doppler, Voldemort, Rosa Park, Sweet Pea, Skittish and Gorgeous! We have one kitty names Stella, who is quite the cutie pie!

Would love to have more cats but Stella, having been a stray, is territorial and would not make for a peaceful household!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  05:06:14 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful cats. Mary, I like your chicken's names.

I have three Golden Sex Link chickens, Claude, Maude, & Mo'Dean. A four month old yellow lab & English Mastiff mix puppy named Sweet Annie - Annie for short.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic What Animals Do You Own? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page