Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 stuck on burned spot on my "non-stick" eco pot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic stuck on burned spot on my "non-stick" eco pot Next Topic  

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  10:30:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls!

Last year my husband got me a set of "eco" green, non-stick, non-toxic cookware that worked just as advertised until now. While cooking down some fruit for a dessert filling, a bit burned at the bottom! THAT was bad enough, but when I went to hand scrub the pot, the burned part won't come out!! You can only handwash these and use no scratch pads, but before now even little burned spots came out with little problem. I've soaked and scrubbed this one several times and nothing makes the burned spot budge.

Anyoner have any ideas on what else I can try to get this out?

Many thanks in advance!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

"A [wo]man is rich in proportion to the number of things which [s]he can afford to let alone." - Henry David Thoreau

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  12:17:38 PM  Show Profile
Baking soda and vinegar maybe?

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  12:19:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the idea. Do you think it matters between apple cider or white?

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

"A [wo]man is rich in proportion to the number of things which [s]he can afford to let alone." - Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  1:58:38 PM  Show Profile
If that doesn't work, try a product called Bio Green Clean. You can get it at the website.

http://www.biogreenclean.com/

It is made of plant extracts. I have used the 100% solution to put into pots to soak them and it works really well on dirt and baked on grease.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  4:18:41 PM  Show Profile
I have these pots, sometimes you have to soak over night in vinegar, I would heat the vinegar in the coffee pot and put in hot. Then use a magic eraser... it can take time but it will come off...

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  05:23:04 AM  Show Profile
Gottta love those "nonstick" pans. Give me a good aluminum or cast iron any day!

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

QuiltyMom
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jan
Falls Church VA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  3:36:28 PM  Show Profile
I once burned a pot full of peach jam. Ick. The black crud magically popped off the bottom of the pan (stainless steel) after I poured in boiling water with baking soda and vinegar. I let it simmer for a while and voila - all gone! Give that a try.
Go to Top of Page

Nanniekim
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Kim
Arizona
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  2:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Put a little drizzle of ammonia on it and put it in a ziploc bag overnight. If it doesn't fit in a bag cover tightly with plastic wrap. Then wash in the morning. That is how my sister-in-law told me to clean my stove of all the burnt on stuff and it works like a charm.

Kim
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic stuck on burned spot on my "non-stick" eco pot Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page