Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Best Advice I was Given
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Best Advice I was Given Next Topic  

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6836 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6836 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2014 :  10:11:12 AM  Show Profile
1. Rocking doesn't spoil a child - giving him everything he wants and always letting him have his way does.

2. Don't ever tell a child what will happen if they do something or won't stop doing something. If they know what will happen then they can weigh what they want to do against the consequences. Believe me you can see those little minds working on whether it's worth it or not.

3. Pick your battles. If you are not having a good day and your child is doing something you rather they weren't but he isn't hurting himself or tearing down the house walk on by without saying a word. If you're not up to seeing it through then don't start it.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  06:59:56 AM  Show Profile
Sara.... good advice.

1. Rocking doesn't spoil. I love this! Physical love, attention and time together are confirming of unconditional love.
2. This one brings back a memory of my mom. She would count "1, 2..." I never knew what would happen if she got to 3. So, I'd stop whatever I was doing. Even as an adult, she'd jokingly start counting and I was still nervous about getting to 3.
3. Picking battles. I haven't been very consistent at choosing the right ones. My kids are adults now and we laugh about it now.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

auntjenny
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Jenny
San Luis Obispo CA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  3:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Send auntjenny a Yahoo! Message
Very good!

Inside me there is a skinny girl crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  5:01:36 PM  Show Profile
Good Advice!

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2014 :  2:00:21 PM  Show Profile
This is great advice. My kids are young, and this is advice that I could apply to everyday. Especially about picking your battles. Thanks Sara :)

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

May my heart be kind, my mind fierce and my spirit brave. - Kate
Forsyth

http://www.etsy.com/shop/femmepostale/
http://www.pinterest.com/femmepostale/
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Best Advice I was Given Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page