Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Herbal Wisdom
 What herb/oil can you not do without?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic What herb/oil can you not do without? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alise
True Blue Farmgirl

229 Posts

Alise
United States Minnesota
229 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2015 :  5:10:19 PM  Show Profile
I love licoriceroot- Glycyrrhiza labra- not the candy:). One of my herbal reference books says it is suited to Vata/Pitta body constitutions and they aren't a-kiddin'- I can just suck on a piece of dried licoriceroot and be happy as a lark!

Blessings to you on your life's journey.
Go to Top of Page

kitchensqueen
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

521 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  7:50:43 PM  Show Profile
If I had to choose only one, I'd go with lavender. I use it in most of my health/beauty preparations, because it's so versatile, gentle and smells amazing. My second to lavender is lemon - love that for home made cleaners.

http://www.apartmentfarm.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2016 :  6:12:13 PM  Show Profile
As far as favorites...that is a tough one!

I use several essential oils (mostly young living
and some NOW) thieves is one always in the medicine
cabinet. love Tea Tree Oil.
there's too many to list ha

Herbs; comfrey is one I always grow have made many a
poultice with it over the years. Love peppermint too
one of first herbs I grab for fever, pick it and make a
tea. must have Echinacea and goldenseal in medicine cabinet.
Always have Pau'D Arco also for tea if we feel under the weather. have fought off many a cold before becoming flu. our family has not had the flu in at least 15 years.

Teresa
sister #1506

Dance Like No One Is
Watching.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2017 :  09:29:45 AM  Show Profile
I just have to tell you how amazed I am at how well these essential oils work! My son has come down with the flu a couple of times already this season. I got it the first time, but healed much quicker than he did by using Eden's Garden's Four Thieves. When he got sick at the beginning of this past week, I started applying the oil on all three of us, and my husband and I used it in our diffuser at night (son didn't want to smell it - it turned his stomach). It's amazing: so far, my husband and I have no symptoms whatsoever. I am absolutely amazed, because our son is absolutely down for the count.

Further, I have had the beginnings of an earache a couple of times now. Using lavender oil behind the ear and down my neck, and rosemary oil as a chaser has been another miracle. The pain is gone in no time, and the ear infection simply doesn't progress. I am extremely grateful. Nothing has saved me from having to turn to antibiotics in the past.

We also use a calming blend in the diffuser to help my husband sleep at night. I've noticed it reaIly helps me to relax and drift off to sleep in a relatively short time after turning in for the night. The funny thing is that I seem to be waking up just around the time the diffuser goes off (I've timed it). Even though I'm not getting a full eight hours of sleep, when I do wake, I am more rested than ever! Love it!

Essential oils really are amazing. I can't say enough about them. I, too, have accumulated quite a collection. I'm determined to learn as much as I can about them!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic What herb/oil can you not do without? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page