Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Autumn equinox Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2014 :  9:23:11 PM  Show Profile
I feel like I should do something to celebrate the first day of autumn. I have a wreath on my front door and it has decorations of each season and I turn it as the seasons change. Since autumn is my favorite season, it takes up the most space on the wreath. Maybe I'll do what I did one year--I made a balancing stick to represent the balance of light and darkness. I found a stick and tied bundles of flowers, feathers, and other objects to each end of it so that it balanced on one finger when I held it up. To me, autumn feels like a beginning. It's the most colorful, and beautiful, time of year. People around here try to predict the first frost. When the world looks like little frost fairies have been decorating while we slept at night. I walked Jaxon tonight and squirrels were throwing acorns at us. I wish everyone a blessed autumn season of great harvests.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2014 :  06:05:55 AM  Show Profile
Happy first day of Fall to you Cindy! We are having more rain again but it keeps the temperatures down in the mid 80s which is cool for us right now. The subtle signs of change are everywhere about the approach of Fall. I have been noticing that daybreak is getting later and later while sunset is getting sooner and sooner. It is a slow process and suddenly you realize the difference. With less daylight hours, the temperature of the Gulf and Atlantic are finally cooling down close to 80 degrees this week. This is a huge game changer for Florida as the cooler waters don't generate as many tropical lows that stream across the state and keep us hot , humid and rainy. Ahhhh, finally there is hope on the sway! Plus, once the days are shorter, the oceans are cooler, the cold fronts from the west are able to make it across the state line between us and Georgia to bring drier weather. So, Fall, a huge WELCOME!! WE've been patiently waiting down here for your arrival!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Autumn equinox Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page