HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2020 :  4:27:56 PM  Show Profile
Get over it ladies---get on the Lexapro and all seasons rock for sure. The beautiful peace of winter rocks my world and I would go nuts with out that rest from farm work. Rock on ladies and enjoy each day.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2020 :  08:52:06 AM  Show Profile
It's like depression Barbara, you don't just get over it. What is lexapro? OTC or dr's script?

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2020 :  2:15:27 PM  Show Profile
Just being silly Denise---I know its real and that you can't just wish it away. Lexapro is a prescription drug for depression. I suffered from depression and anxiety for years before I got help. Life is good for me now.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2020 :  6:45:43 PM  Show Profile
Those are what i deal with but have never had anything prescribed for it.

Not sure where exactly you are located Barbara but I thought of you while we were traveling to my daughter's. We always go through WV.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2020 :  5:15:16 PM  Show Profile
Denise---I lived so long with anxiety and depression. I got depressed when my father died when I had just turned five in 1962---he was the light of my life. I tried to be happy---but something was wrong. My high school years were lived in despair. I lived with no hope until 1997 when my mom committed suicide and I really lost it. I was too proud to go get help for about ten more years and how I did suffer, but the meds have helped me so much. There is also meds for mostly anxiety---I hope you will go get help---it is so hard and we don't have to live with it. I was ashamed to get help---but now I realize that so many people feel just like I did. Meds and prayer sure worked for me. I live between Beckley and Princeton in southern WV. We mostly go to Beckley---it is the least redneck of the two towns. LOL. Ever by here--email and come down and see how the poor folks live.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2020 :  08:58:44 AM  Show Profile
I grew up in the Adirondacks mtns in upstate NY so I know what you mean about how the poor folks live. Except when I was a kid I didn't know we were poor. We were happy. My dad suffered from anxiety too. Mostly it hits me in January but it can also come along in August which is the month both my folks passed away. I will take your advice and I will let you know if we are ever in your neck of the woods! It's always great to meet farmgirls!!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

176 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
176 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2023 :  7:38:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Girls!

I take a prescription for depression, but in darker weather I was still feeling down. My daughter, a nurse, told me to try some Vitamin D. It works for me!

Nancy 8352
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2023 :  8:01:08 PM  Show Profile
Try a Happy light I use one in the winter helps me tons. But I also have a script for anxiety meds. Never have felt better.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2023 :  07:02:35 AM  Show Profile
I don't take any prescriptions but do take Vitamin D. I also have changed my eating lifestyle and take additional supplements.
Also more fresh air and exercise as well as serving in different ways at our church. Has helped me tremendously.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 30 2023 07:03:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

176 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
176 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2023 :  3:59:15 PM  Show Profile
Denise

I am so glad that you have found was to cope. Not feeling your best is always a difficult thing. I have found out that some days are easier than others, but that everyday is better if you work to make it that way.

Nancy 8352
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2023 :  04:55:09 AM  Show Profile
So true Nancy!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Keeping in Touch:  Shorter days = the blues Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page