Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2014 :  5:49:39 PM  Show Profile
I woke up about 7 am to start a load of laundry. Then I proceed to make a homemade Pecan Pie, well actually a hazelnut & almond pie. I don't care for pecan. As I started to roll out the crust it started to rain. It is the rain season her in the N.W. a soft rain so peaceful... and I felt so a peace with myself. I have been so busy with making and selling my art at the local holiday bazaar. The reason I am making a pie and homemade lasagna today because we are inviting my parent over for a home cooked meal and more importantly to celebrate their 55 wedding anniversary. I am not close emotional with my parents how every 55 years together is an important mile stone in ones life.
Janice Vintage Artist

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2014 :  6:18:44 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like you have the perfect Sunday! I bet your house smelled wonderfully. Congratulations to your folks, 55 is very special indeed, I'm sure your parents loved celebrating it with you!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  03:20:05 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, what a nice excuse to bake pie. I love the process of making pie. I make an apple crumb pie that is to die for. The apple pie is my grandmother's recipe and the crust is my mother's life time friend's recipe. It competes with the best. I also like to me a refrigerator peanut butter pie because that means my grandkids are coming home. It is so easy, good, and quick.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  05:24:31 AM  Show Profile
Right with you on the pie making. My all time favorite dessert is homemade pie. I really haven't made one yet that was my "favorite"! I am trying to slow down the baking so I don't wind up as round as one though. Sharing is helpful though my husband doesn't like it when I give my baked goodies away. Your pies sound wonderful and it is great that you have recipes that have been handed down from another generation. You know they're the best!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Pizzarita
True Blue Farmgirl

228 Posts

Rita
Monroeville NJ
USA
228 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  4:20:43 PM  Show Profile
Pie! All this talk of pie makes me want to bake one. Coconut custard is my favorite. I can truly eat the whole thing. Janice, I hope the anniversary celebration was happy and memorable one.

Rita
Farmgirl Sister #6110
Go to Top of Page

Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  12:40:19 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Pizzarita, The lasagna came out good. My husband has two large helping.
The pie well, I should have cooked it a few more minutes in the oven, the center was a little runny but it still tasted good.
My Dad who usually comes in second or third place in Scrabble came in first place.
My Mother noticed that I used her wedding china for the special dinner.
The next get together Thanksgiving Day. I am all ready thinking about the side dishes. Perhaps two different veggies and sweet potatoes or rainbow colored fried potatoes?

Janice
Go to Top of Page
  Try This: Previous Topic Feels like a Thanksgiving Day Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page