Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Valentines Day TP Roll Mini Albums PIC TIME!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Valentines Day TP Roll Mini Albums PIC TIME!!! Next Topic
Page: of 4

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  2:12:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! Please remember to post pictures of your treasures! I'm sure we would all love to see!

Thanks again for participating - I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!

Watch for our Easter/Spring Swap to be announced in a few weeks! I hope EVERYONE will be able to join us then!

Hugs -

Nini

-------------------------------------------------------------------

IT'S FINALLY HERE, GIRLS!!!

TODAY IS THE BIG MAILING DAY!!!

YAY!

Hugs -

Nini

----------

Hi Girls -

Tomorrow is the mailing deadline! Hope you're all having a ball!

Hugs -

Nini

-----------------------------------------

Hi Girls - Just me again!

Just a little reminder that our albums are to be mailed out by this Thursday, the 22nd! Can you believe how quickly the time has passed?!

Again, I just want to be sure that everyone has been in contact with their partners. If you have not, please contact me right away... I don't want you to miss out, and will be more than happy to create a special album just for you, too! :)

Please keep me posted and let me know if you need any help!

Hugs -

Nini

-------------------------------

Hi Girls!

Time to announce our partners! Before I do, however, I wanted to let you know that since we had an odd number of participants, I first considered just sitting out of this one, and instead I considered just picking one of your names, then give away the album that I’m making. BUT I am just SUCH a big Valentine’s Day girl, I couldn’t resist joining in the fun… SoooOOOoooOOooooOOooo… I just decided to swap with TWO partners! The more, the merrier! ‘Hope that’s okay! :)

Are you excited? I'm SO excited! So, without further ado...

Here is our partner list:

Brenda, AKA Lavender Rose & Sarah, AKA mrssarahhall

Bert, AKA Bertha & Beth, AKA Beth Jones

Vanessa, AKA Audra Rose & Madeline, AKA fille de ferme

Shannon, AKA hudsoninaf & Nini, AKA Ninibini

Jamie, AKA HunnysHen & Karen, AKA kkprice

Nini, AKA Ninibini & Marlee, AKA Marlee

Please contact your partner as soon as possible to exchange mailing information, and then post here on the swap link to let us know you’ve made contact. If you have any questions or need any help, please let me know – I’m here for you!!!

And please, if anything comes up, and you find yourself suddenly unable to fulfill your swap, please let me know immediately so I can step in for you and swap with your partner, okay? I know things come up – I totally understand. I just need to know as soon as possible so nobody is left hanging. :)

Okay! Get ready girls! Set? GO!!! We have until the 22nd to finish and mail out our creations! These are going to be sooo adorable! I can’t wait to see what we come up with!

Hugs –

Nini

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi girls!

It has been FOR-E-VER since I have hosted or participated in any swaps - and I have MISSED you and being part of your creativity!!! I came across a really neat project last week and thought I'd run it by you so that you'd have plenty of time to save up the main craft supply: Bath tissue (toilet paper) rolls!

If you go online and do a search you will find many tutorials as to how to make this, but basically you take clean bath tissue rolls (we will say 6 for our project), press them down flat, paint and paper them on both sides (or just paper them - it's up to you!). Next, you seal up the two end rolls to make "book covers." Then using a hole punch, you punch two holes in one end of each roll and attach them together using binder clips. If desired, you can decorate the binder clips with ribbons and bows, but that's up to your creativity and whatever works best for your design. :) Embellish the paper roll "pages" however you like, in a Valentine's Day theme, of course! In the open ends of the inner rolls, make and insert tags for journaling or for sentiments or ephemera or for the recipient to personalize with pictures to be added later. And since it's for Valentine's Day, you could slip in a small Hershey's mini or two for fun, if you like (but please don't feel pressured to do so!). ;)

Here is a Google image search that will give you some idea of what I am describing: https://www.google.com/search?q=toilet+paper+roll+scrapbook+mini+album&client=firefox-a&hs=9KB&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=nts&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=7GxqVPfHG4WEyQSgmoDwCQ&ved=0CDIQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=763

Again, I know it's really early for posting the swap, but I want to be sure to give you all plenty of time to save up rolls and gather your supplies. If I had seen it sooner, I would've hosted one for Christmas, but I think with the holidays upon us, that would be just too much. If this one goes well, maybe we can do one for NEXT year's holiday season! :)

The sign-up deadline will be January 7th..

Partners will be assigned on January 11th...

6 Rolls, decorated in a Valentine's Day theme and fashioned into a mini scrapbook album...

Mini albums will need to be mailed out by January 22nd.

If you'd like to add special little tuck-ins, that is okay, but PLEASE know they are absolutely NOT required and should NOT be expected. I honestly think these adorable little books will be some of the best Valentine's Day gifts ever given - and received - in themselves, don't you?!

We're going to have a blast with this one, girls, don't you think? I can't wait to see what we come up with!

Let me know what you think! I hope you'll join in the fun!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

------------------------------------------------------

Here is our list of participants so far:

Marlee, AKA Marlee
Shannon, AKA hudsoninaf
Madeline, AKA fille de ferme
Sarah, AKA mrssarahhall
Jami, AKA HunnysHen
Beth, AKA Beth Jones
Bert, AKA Bertha
Brenda, AKA Lavender Rose
Karen, AKA kkprice
Vanessa, AKA Audra Rose
Me, Nini, AKA Ninibini

Darlene - I'm not sure whether you wanted to join us or not? I hope so! Please let me know for sure! :)

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 28 2015 09:41:33 AM

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7507 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7507 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  2:30:06 PM  Show Profile
Nini
It is so good to hear from you.

Do you need any TP rolls I have a bunch of them from where I work?

Let me know
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  4:17:19 PM  Show Profile
Nini...Hi Girl...we have missed you!!!

I would love to try this. Looks like a lot of FUN!

Hugs and Blessed Holidays to you & yours,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  4:17:46 PM  Show Profile
LOL! Thank you, Darlene! I'm all set... But maybe some of the girls will need some! I'll keep you in mind! I hope you'll join us! You always make such beautiful things from the heart! :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7507 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7507 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  8:57:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nini,
Good to see you back on here.

So the toilet rolls are kind of like pages in a book but you can put thing into each one.
Neat. They really made a lot of those in the website you have there.

Hugs
dralene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  10:04:44 PM  Show Profile
Peggy! Hey there, sister! So good to "see" you! Our posts must've crossed earlier! I'm so glad you're joining the fun... They really do look neat, don't they?! Such sweet little books! I think I could very easily become addicted to making them! I know it's early, but I wanted to give everyone plenty of time to save up their rolls. Thanks so much for jumping in with me!

Darlene.. Yes! That's exactly right! They'll be pretty tiny, but oh-so-sweet, chock full of sentiment, and made warmly with lots of farmgirl love! Perfect little Valentine's Day at keepsakes! What do you think? :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Nov 17 2014 10:05:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2014 :  11:46:03 AM  Show Profile
Oh Nini, I am so glad that you are doing this, I love making them. They are so fun and beautiful. All my friends were saving me there toilet paper rolls. It was hilarious. So please sign me up. Some of them I have made were for some sisters in swaps I did.

I see all my sweet sisters here! Hi ya'all! Luv You!

HUGS Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7507 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7507 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2014 :  2:00:16 PM  Show Profile
You too Marlee.

hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2014 :  2:31:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marlee! I'm SO happy you'll be joining us! I've never made these before, but think they're just SO adorable! Do you have any tips or suggestions? Anything we need to know or consider? And you KNOW we love YOU, TOO!!! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2014 :  3:29:13 PM  Show Profile
I have never heard of this before, but what a cute idea! I am totally in! Please add me for this swap, Nini :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2014 :  3:58:58 PM  Show Profile
YAY! Shannon! SO glad you're in! I'm glad you like them - they do look super cute! :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2014 :  03:52:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nini :-) Glad to see you back crafting. I will sign up for this provided I can manage to save up enough TP rolls. I may have to wrestle my guinea pigs for them LOL ;-) They LOVE em ....
No Seriously I'm in. :-)

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2014 :  07:59:36 AM  Show Profile
LOL! YAY, Maddie! Glad you're on board! And don't worry... I don't have guinea pigs... Only dust bunnies... And they don't eat much... ;) I can cover you, IF... 'Just say the word! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1264 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1264 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2014 :  10:54:45 AM  Show Profile
How fun! I would love to play - please add me. Totally excited even though its so far away!

Maybe we should do another part to this swap where we would all send each of the participants one of those little valentine cards (like kids hand out at school) and then we could stick all our little cards into our little Valentine book? or a separate swap? Just an idea I thought of when I saw this.

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

All good things are wild and free- Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

577 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
577 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2014 :  8:04:38 PM  Show Profile
I scrapbook all the time....but on a large format usually ! This sounds like tons of fun and a new challenge !!!!
Please count me in :-)

Jami

w/ TEXAS SIZE Farmgirl HUGS !
Farmgirl Sister :
HunnysHen # 5876
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  04:44:29 AM  Show Profile
EXCELLENT! I'm so glad you're joining us, girls! This really should be fun! I am getting excited about it already! LOL!

Sarah - You know, I truly love your idea... BUT, I'm pretty sure the girls already do an annual Valentine's Day card swap (I couldn't participate last year due to illness). At the moment, I'm drawing a blank and cannot for the life of me remember who hosts it - Beth or Peggy, maybe? Anyhow, perhaps we should just wait for that one, instead of doing two??? I don't know... Girls - what do YOU think? You are SO right, though, Sarah: they would be PERFECT for each other! I think they'd be great for storing special Valentine's Day ATC's, too! :) LOVE it!

I'm going to keep a running list of all of us who are participating at the top of this page in the original post, okay? That way we can all keep track! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  2:13:24 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like fun! I can do this since it is after the holidays!! Smiles, Beth

You can never be too kind!

Farmgirl of the Month for June, 2014..I have been so blessed!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  2:19:32 PM  Show Profile
OH! BETH! I'm SO glad and excited to hear you're joining in! I was really hoping you'd do this one with us! I knew this might be right up your alley! SO great to "see" you again!!! I'll add you to the list right now!!! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

bertha
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Bertha
St Joseph Mi
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2014 :  5:15:24 PM  Show Profile
Please sign me up Thhank you Bert.bertha
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2014 :  6:53:42 PM  Show Profile
Great, Bertha! SO happy to have you join us! You'll be on the list - lickety split!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

bertha
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Bertha
St Joseph Mi
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  04:47:58 AM  Show Profile
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  4:43:23 PM  Show Profile
There are so many way's to put them together, I use rings at one end, I have used ribbon to bind them together. I use a strong glue , I used scrappy paper to cover them and the add embellishments . There is so much you can use... Just type toilet paper mini albums and there will be so many you will love looking at them.

Again Nini Thank You for doing this swap!!!!!

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  07:45:12 AM  Show Profile
Marlee - I am just getting so excited about this - I'm so glad you and the girls are, too! I have been looking at all the different designs and just can't get over how creative people are! LOVE them! SO cute! I'm thinking about making a couple for Christmas gifts, if I have time, just as a little practice run for this swap! The really neat thing is that they are so small that you can really use up some of your favorite scraps from other projects. This will be an awesome way to use up some of the pretty paper scraps and embellishments I have stored in my 13 x 13 cases! A few years back we did a fun Valentine's swap where we exchanged little packets of Valentine's inspiration, so I am anxious to did back into that stash as well! Fun! Fun! Fun!

Happy Thanksgiving, Girls!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  10:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Nini -

This sounds like a neat project. I'd love to join. Since I'm finishing up all my 2014 swap projects in the next couple weeks I need to start thinking about next year. I have several ideas for swaps for next year, too. I'll probably post the first one early in January.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  2:17:58 PM  Show Profile
Sweet! So happy you're joining the fun, Linda! Enjoy your holiday season - the New Year will be upon us before you know it! And THEN, time for hearts, flowers, Cupids and candy! ;) I think I love Valentine's Day almost as much as Christmas! Can't wait to see what everyone will create! So much fun! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2014 :  3:16:40 PM  Show Profile
Girls! 'Just want to give you a heads up: not all t.p. rolls are the same size!!! I pulled out several from my stash today and several were much smaller than the others! I'm sure in the grand scheme of scrapbooking with them, it really doesn't matter. Different shapes and sizes add interest, after all! BUT, I thought you'd like to know, just in case size matters when it comes to your project. I was really, REALLY surprised! We've used the same brand of t.p. for years! I wonder what else changed about it? Hmmmmm.....

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Valentines Day TP Roll Mini Albums PIC TIME!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page