Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Help us name our little homestead!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Help us name our little homestead! Next Topic  

luvtobeamom
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

2 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  11:44:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi! I'm new to the forums and so excited to be here! I love Mary Jane's magazine.

I'm Tanya

We purchased a little 5 acre plot of land about 4 years ago. We are currently keeping bees, chickens (for eggs) and a small garden.
I also make soap. I have been getting requests to sell my items-mostly soap, sewing projects, eggs and honey and want to name our little homestead...but I always get stuck on the name! I do have a personal blog right now, but am considering starting a web based business blog with our homestead's name. Would you kind ladies help with a little of your creativity? I will give my ideas...
Well, we live in a small town named Mount Pleasant.
Our little homestead in on top of a ridge/hill, so I had thought of naming it Pleasant Ridge or Pleasant Hill...acres...farm...homestead?
I thought that was neat way to combine the town I live in with the topography.

Also, we have 4 children(as of now)...I also thought of something with the name Heritage or Tradition..like Heritage Acres Homestead.
I don't know. I want something that will stick and we all can be happy with...any ideas?

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6833 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6833 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  1:56:47 PM  Show Profile
Tanya, your place sounds great and by the way welcome to the farm. There's a Mount Pleasant south of me. Would you be a fellow Texas farmgirl by chance?

All the names you mentioned are good ones. I believe naming a place is personal, and you will find just the right one. When you do you won't be wondering if it's the right one or not.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  4:38:41 PM  Show Profile
First off, Welcome...and if you have not done so yet, read "What did you name your farm/ranch and why", which is just a few threads down on this same area, you may just come up with ideas from what other girls have used and why they did, good luck, but, when you hear the right name, you will know it...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2014 :  5:08:17 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Tanya! You are going to LOVE it here....I like the name you are thinking about.

We decided to use my maiden name and our last name...Estle Schipp Farm

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Estle Schipp Farm: Celebrate the Hobby Farm Lifestyle

EstleSchippFarm.blogspot.com

https://youngliving.org/starschipp

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

luvtobeamom
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

2 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2014 :  11:36:34 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Yellow Rose, I'm not in TX...I'm in NC. (>"
Go to Top of Page

jkstidham
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Jill
LaPlata Missouri
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  8:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tanya! My grandparents had a small farm called Pleasant Acres! Growing up, my sister and I thought it was the most wonderful place on earth! Now we both have farms and live four miles apart from each other. I know what ever you choose the name to be it will be perfect!

May your life be filled with many blessings,

Jill
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  9:55:32 PM  Show Profile
what's your last name?

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2014 :  12:52:27 PM  Show Profile
I learned a long time ago that no matter what you name your place, the locals will always refer to it as the old_____place. Ours was the old Perkins place, despite the fact the Perkins family had been gone for over 40 years.

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Help us name our little homestead! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page