Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers for Trip
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for Trip Next Topic  

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2014 :  7:21:36 PM  Show Profile
Prayers would be appreciated for my husband, son, daughter, and me as we travel to Ecuador on Dec. 31. We return Jan. 15. We are looking at the country as a possible place to retire in a year or so. We will be traveling to Quito and Cuenca. Anyone ever been there? If so, maybe you can enlighten me!

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  05:48:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh Portia! What a journey you will have! Will begin lifting you up in prayer now!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  09:06:10 AM  Show Profile
WOW! How exciting, Portia! I will definitely pray for you and your family during your journey! And I'll really be looking forward to your return so we can hear all about it! Have a wonderful time, sister! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  3:58:09 PM  Show Profile
Will keep y'all in my prayers. Have a great time.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7529 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7529 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  8:20:39 PM  Show Profile
Wow Portia what a neat trip.

Ecuador is that mountaineous? My prayers go with and will enjoy hearing about your trip when you return.

Hugs and Blessings
Darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  12:54:03 AM  Show Profile
That is a trip for sure! Years ago I knew a family that were missionaries there. For facts about Ecuador go to the CIA World Fact Book on the web and select Ecuador. There is a lot of information about the country. I think it is under CIA.gov
Best to you and yes I will pray for you on as you travel. My daughter's work just sent her to Marrakesh, Morocco and in some cases we just have no business being in certain countries until there is more stabilization. (In this case, they should have sent a male executive). To be honest she felt like she was in a "Jason Bourne" movie. It was very stressful given she does not speak French. She does speak Spanish fluently because of living in Spain for her work with the American Embassy, but there is a lot of hatred in Northern Africa for the Spaniards, so she didn't dare use that language. Just know what you are getting into. Many people love the Expat life, but each area has real risk. The struggles to overcome poverty for many peoples is mind boggling and change is often halted or takes several generations. I worry about going to countries where the native people are taking huge risks to escape for their own safety. Anyway, you will be guided to know what to do by our prayers. Keep faith and ask for direction. We can never see around the corner, so often, with research, education, and complete faith and prayer, to keep us walking where we are to go, opportunities unfold and the pathway is clearly seen. I do understand being compelled to live outside of the USA in a country where materialism is not the foundation of the culture. Be well and safe!
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2014 :  2:20:00 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for your prayers and information. We are really excited! We have done extensive research on the country and to the cities we will visit. The areas to which we are going are in the Andes Mountains. Can't wait!!!

Hugs,
Portia

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13586 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13586 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  4:16:44 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Prayers for you! What an exciting adventure!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4955 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4955 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  7:28:28 PM  Show Profile
Portia! how exciting!!!! Praying!!! WE can send Farm Girl mail to Ecuador!

Hugs! Connie
Imagine ....#3392
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7529 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7529 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  10:16:03 PM  Show Profile
That would be a fun idea to send mail to you in Ecuador Portia.
Have a safe trip when you go.

Merry Christmas.

darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  5:23:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks again, everyone for the prayers! Maybe I can start my own MJF chapter in Ecuador!!!!I have heard the mail is not too reliable unless you send packages by FEDEX. That might be hard on the pocketbook!!! But, if not, I am willing.

Hugs,
Portia

Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for Trip Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page