Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Valentine's Day Give-away! Winner Posted!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Valentine's Day Give-away! Winner Posted! Next Topic  

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2279 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2279 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  08:17:26 AM  Show Profile
Valentine's Day is right around the corner, so I thought I would share a little Love and give away one of these cute Valentine mailing sets I found at my favorite book store. Please tell me your favorite Valentine memory and I will put all the names in my cookie jar next Wednesday, January 28 (which just happens to be my daughters birthday) and have the birthday girl draw a winner.

Hugs and Love
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado

Edited by - treelady on Jan 28 2015 3:26:48 PM

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4850 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4850 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  10:24:54 AM  Show Profile
Add me!! It would be when I made enough money babysitting to buy a Real Rose for my Mom and My Granny and my Next door neighbor Kitty, who watched over all the neighbor kids! I was about 12 and I was so proud that Valentine's Day to give them something special!

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  10:26:33 AM  Show Profile
My favorite memory was always the day in art class when you got to make your Valentine mailbox...all the construction paper and possibilities

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Estle Schipp Farm: Celebrate the Hobby Farm Lifestyle

http://EstleSchippFarm.blogspot.com

https://youngliving.org/starschipp

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  10:39:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Please add my name to the drawing! Favorite memory is the BIG, huge Valentine box at our country school. All kids dumped all Valentines into it with names on the envelope and then the teachers got to hand them out. I went to a two room school house for grades 1-8.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Jan 22 2015 1:13:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  10:41:23 AM  Show Profile
Please add my name. I love the adorable cards and they always come in handy!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  10:56:48 AM  Show Profile
I would like to be added as well. My favorite memories are actually more recent ones. With homeschooling the children, they don't make cards for all their classmates. Instead, we try to bless those around us! The mail lady always gets a treat, as does anyone else we plan to encounter. They also help me to make special dinners and desserts for hubby :) It is usually Chicken Parmesan with heart shaped pepperoni on top for dinner, and a cheesecake for dessert... still trying to figure out the plan for this year ;)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  1:17:25 PM  Show Profile
I would love these too. My favorite valentines day was in college. My now husband signed us up for a "dating game" during halftime of the Washington State U basketball game. Somehow we got picked as one of three couples to compete. I was horrified I would have to play in front of the entire crowd. I had a broken foot at the time and we had to walk out on the basketball court and sit on stools to answer questions about each other. Somehow we managed to get all the questions right and won the competition! The funniest question for us was "What is his favorite cd he owns?" The answer (it was 2001) was "he doesn't own any." The entire stadium laughed when I said it but then really laughed when he held up a sign from when he wrote down his answer before the game and it confirmed he didn't own a single cd. We won a dozen roses, a dinner gift certificate, and a one night stay in a hotel suite.

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  2:23:53 PM  Show Profile
Please add my Name to your Drawing!

My favorite Memory was in 5th grade...when the boy I liked bought me a Drug Store Valentine Card
(not one of those cheap School Valentines) he actually spent a few bucks on it...and he told me
He loved Me...and I didn't know he liked me even until then. *Sigh* I was in Love!!!! LOL

Thanks Girls for your sharings...enjoyed them all!!!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  3:50:09 PM  Show Profile
Please add my name, that is an adorable tin. My husband shares a birthday with your daughter! Bet he has a few years on her, too.

My favorite valentine's day was when my daughter was old enough to make the gaudiest, glitteriest, perfumed valentine for me in school. It was such fun to see her so proud to hand it over!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2279 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2279 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  4:57:55 PM  Show Profile
What wonderful memories you all are sharing!

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  08:47:35 AM  Show Profile
My favorite Valentine's day is similar to Peggy's. I was a freshman in high school and had a HUGE crush on a very popular boy. (I was not in the popular circle). Some group (can't remember who) was selling carnations for $1. I got a couple from my friends and one from the boy I had a crush on! I was so excited but thought maybe one of my friends did it being funny. Until, he walked up to me after one of my classes to make sure I got it!!!!

Thanks for the giveaway Julie. It's fun reading everyone's stories :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  09:11:58 AM  Show Profile
Please enter me too. That tin is adorable. My favorite Valentines Day memory is of my now ex-husband in the first year we were married. We had moved away from my beloved beach and I was so sad about it. He bought a kitty litter pan and filled it with sand and somewhere found a bucket and shovel. He put in a few shells I already had around and gave me my own little beach to cheer me up. I do 't have many happy memories of my marriage to him but this was so dear that even now, 40 years later, his thoughtfulness still brings tears to my eyes. PS- my husband of 20 years and I again live at the beach and it brings me joy every day. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Farmgirl #5554
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2015 :  11:03:18 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Julie for the opportunity, it's great reading everyone's memories.

One of my favorite memories was right after my husband and I got married. Things were very tight financially that year. I picked up a package of conversation hearts and we sat down and 'wrote' each other a poem. Mine to my honey was titled "Cool Dude", his to me was titled "Girl". I wish that I had taken a picture but I did draw out the poems with the words on the hearts and colors for memories :)

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  04:04:24 AM  Show Profile
Please add my name too. One of my goofy memories was the year in second grade when we had to trade gifts for Valentine's day. I was in love with flower the skunk in Bambi. I got a tiny ceramic skunk which I still have today.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Terralea
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Terra
Midland Michigan
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2015 :  06:54:01 AM  Show Profile
Please add me as well. Some memories are recognizable as the ones that mold us into who we are. This is one of them. I was in the 3rd grade and the whole class had spent days putting together their valentines boxes. There was a little gift exchange along with the valentines and we had drawn names of the one person we were to purchase a gift for. I think that what is so poignant about this memory is that my family was very broke and so I know my mom must have struggled to find a gift for another child when she could not afford many for her own children. There were others in the class as well. The person who drew my name was not particularly favored by other children though I have no memories of issues with him at all. To this day I remember his name and I remember that his family struggled as well.

His gift to me was a hand knitted purse which I absolutely loved. I think the look on my face when I opened his gift made the look on his face priceless. I think he was holding his breath fearing something home made (with love from a mother who wanted his child to fit in) would be rejected or criticized. I keep that purse until it wore out. I think about that boy often and that look on his face.

Terralea
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Maryellen
Stanfield North Carolina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  4:41:14 PM  Show Profile
Please add me! Favorite Memory has to be the little box valentines in school. I can remember as a child the anticipation I felt for the big day when I got to open those 30 little valentines and read my fellow classmates names on the back. I remember the class list of names being sent home from school and carefully selecting the perfect valentine for each classmate! Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

auntsmelly
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Jenny
Pitman NJ
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  5:38:08 PM  Show Profile
Please include me too.
My favorite memory was getting put in charge of the class Valentine's box in the fourth grade. I was so excited the teacher chose me. It took me a whole Saturday and when I returned it to school, the teacher loved it and so did my friends. I still have my childhood Valentine's Day cards. Too cool to throw away.
Happy Valentine's Day.

God has a bigger plan for me than I have for myself.
Jenny,
Blessed Farmgirl #4359
FGOM October 2013
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  7:14:45 PM  Show Profile
Please don't leave me out:):):)My favorite memory is when my oldest niece made me a Valentines Day card when she was about 4 years old...I still have it and get it out and look at it from time to time...she turned 41 this past October:):):)We always were and still are extremely close to this day:):):)She was more like my daughter than my niece!!!Another sweet memory to share...my dad always called her "Papaws Queen"(Like Queen of Hearts):):):)Just as sweet...when my son wants to go visit my niece...he will tell me he wants to go down the road to see "The Queen"...precious:):):)

Hugs!

Judy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013

Edited by - wildflower17 on Jan 27 2015 7:24:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  10:35:48 PM  Show Profile
Have loved reading every one's Stories!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2279 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2279 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  3:24:27 PM  Show Profile
I have loved reading everyone's special Valentines memories, Thank You all for playing. The birthday girl drew a name out of the cookie jar and the winner is.... Terralea. Terra, please send me your name and address and I will get this cute little package on its way to you! Congratulations!

Hugs
Julie

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  3:56:39 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Terra...It is always Fun to win something...ENJOY!!!

Thanks Julie for the Fun!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4850 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4850 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  4:13:07 PM  Show Profile
Terra! Lucky Girl!! I also loved reading everyone Valentine Story!

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Jan 28 2015 4:14:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  4:44:00 PM  Show Profile

Congratulations Terra:):):)Hope you enjoy your special treat!!!

Hugs!

Judy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

Terralea
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Terra
Midland Michigan
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2015 :  06:04:15 AM  Show Profile
How cool is this! I have never entered one of these before and blam, I win one. Thank you and yeeeehaaaa!

Terralea
Go to Top of Page

Terralea
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Terra
Midland Michigan
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  06:52:41 AM  Show Profile
My Valentine box arrived and it is so cute. I have sent off my first valentine to my 3 year old granddaughter. We've got her Valentine Box all made and covered with stickers. Let the fun begin. Thank you so much Julie! xoxo

Terralea
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Valentine's Day Give-away! Winner Posted! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page