Goat Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Katherine
Lunenburg Vermont
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  04:26:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi to all the Farm Girls. This morning at 5:30 a.m. the temp was -25. The sun is out currently and it is a beautiful day. We are in for more snow tomorrow, lucky me has the day off from work. The chores always need doing though. In fact I need to add an outside latch to my barn do to the rough housing of the goats. They bent the latch currently on the door and almost got out! Yikes. Kids will be kids after all. So the new latch is getting put on tomorrow and I have rigged something for the meantime. Never a dull moment here in Northern Vermont. Have a great day ladies.

Vermont Goat Girl

Goat Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Katherine
Lunenburg Vermont
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  07:15:08 AM  Show Profile
Silly me, I posted this in the wrong location. Oh well. My birthday is January 17, 1964 I am a Capricorn of course.

Vermont Goat Girl
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  08:09:55 AM  Show Profile
I love a farmgirl "good morning" and weather watch wherever it lands. Good morning Katherine! It's sunny and warming up in N. Idaho this morning. Our daffodils are about 4 inches high. I have a cow with mastitis that I'm treating today. I found out yesterday that two more of my "girls" are pregnant. Yeah, more calves! Always lot of loose ends on a farm. Are you getting baby goats soon? My neighbor is on goat watch right now.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Goat Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Katherine
Lunenburg Vermont
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  04:55:19 AM  Show Profile
Another beautiful day in the North. The temp is somewhere around zero and the sun is out. Hi MaryJane. No new babies for me but my sister raises meat goats on her farm in Windsor Vermont and she currently has about 40 babies. They have lost a few and are bottle feeding 8 at this time. They, my sister and her partner, are hoping to find a different market other than Easter for their meat, so they can be born when it isn't so cold. I am a vegetarian so I want to bring all the babies home and "save" them. Can't do that.

Vermont Goat Girl
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  06:05:33 AM  Show Profile
That's a hard one, isn't it? Baby goats are so adorable. I hope you enjoy your weekend and make time for a well-deserved nap!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Birthdays: Previous Topic good morning Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page