Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 September Farmgirl Apple Festival!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic September Farmgirl Apple Festival!! Next Topic
Page: of 11

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2021 :  4:22:08 PM  Show Profile
Denise, I don't think I will ever go back to store bought applesauce again!! It WAS so easy and soooooo delicious!! I made two batches, one unsweetened, the second, unsweetened, but added cinnamon and nutmeg. YUM!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2021 :  10:22:01 AM  Show Profile
I agree with you April, once you make your own applesauce, nothing in the store is anywhere as good. Plus you can add or leave out spices depending on the flavor of the apples you cook down. My Mom never added sugar but instead she used a bit of Vanilla extract to give it a hidden sweetness.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2021 :  11:34:34 AM  Show Profile
Ooh, I love the vanilla idea!! Thank you, Winnie!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  04:30:23 AM  Show Profile
It's been so long since I've posted here but wanted to say that when we moved from NJ we left our little apple tree that we planted. We never did get any apples big enough for anything except feeding the deer. When we moved in here we found we have a little apple tree in the back yard.
Jt picked a few last year but they also didn't look very big or like anything we could use. Well this year I was noticing them as the leaves were starting to drop that they had some red on them and they seemed a bit bigger. My grandson and I went and picked a basket full on Thursday and then yesterday JT went out with one of the granddaughters and picked some more. So I am going to make applesauce with them. They are actually pretty tasty even though they don't look very good on the outside. Will plan to do them on Monday I think.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic September Farmgirl Apple Festival!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page