Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 WOWZERS! What a week! How was yours?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic WOWZERS! What a week! How was yours? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  08:41:04 AM  Show Profile
Started out with washer motor spectacularly dying. Water heater croaked too. Grand nephews had to stay for three days due to an emergency and landlady needed my help with her farm due to illness! TGIF!!!! Coffee has saved my life this week I'm blessed to be 55 and still have a lot of spunk and bounce left. Still waiting for the washer fix and need to dash in to town to use a pay laundry. Replaced the water heater and sent the little beasts home to mum with a basket of fresh eggs. I'm trying to hook up with backyard harvest and any other likely person with unwanted apples to go gathering on Sunday. I was going to paint house trim tomorrow, but the weather is predicted to be very windy and icky, so I'll find other trouble to get into. Maybe go junk shopping or to a bookstore. We looked at another piece of property, 11 acres, that I love and hope to buy if we can't get anything closer in.

How 'bout your week?

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6823 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6823 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  09:28:15 AM  Show Profile
You sure did have a busy week.

This is my life so far this week. Second week of dog sitting, Bit, my sister's dog while she is looking after her husband in Dallas hospital. It's nice to have a dog in the house again. Hadn't had one since my Maggie passed in Aug. I grocery shopped on Wed and Bit didn't eat until Thurs afternoon. She was letting me know that she didn't appreciate being left.

Carpenter is here replacing old siding on back of my house.

Chickens are unhappy with me because they are cooped-up in their coop while he is working. I hear one bragging now ~~~ telling the world she just laid an egg. Guess I need to get off the computer and gather todays eggs.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  10:12:43 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
WOW! Lots going on Annika. You, too, Sara. Sometimes I wish I had chickens again, but I'm gone so much it's not good to have them.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  5:19:06 PM  Show Profile
One week after my husband's rotater cuff surgery. He's still in a lot of pain. However, we did go to Universal to clean out some of his locker. The venue he works at will be closing. Which means even more stress for him. He can't drive either, so it's been a fun week! On the up side, we did meet Sally. She's the one in the background with the big smile:). I made his sling. Have you ever priced one of those? This one cost me under $5.00 and the clasp has a reflector! LOL

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.

Edited by - Needle on Oct 12 2015 3:01:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2015 :  08:50:38 AM  Show Profile
This week was okay. I was a little too lazy and didn't get done what I wanted but OH WELL.

Next week will be interesting:

The teacher I volunteer for will be gone Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I have promised to be there to help the sub. I will be keeping a list of the recalcitrant kids.

Monday afternoon I have an appointment with the gynecology oncologist and will be put on the schedule for a hysterectomy. Then the planning will begin for my recovery.

Wednesday and Friday nights are my nights out with the other nerds playing Dungeons & Dragons.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2015 :  10:13:37 AM  Show Profile
Judy ~ I hope that your husband heals well and true. Don't let him over do it. My Fil did and was sorry for it.
Marie ~ Stay positive and be well :) It's hard going but love your body and soul and take care of yourself. I play D&D too :D

NOTE: I confess, I'm being slothful, drinking coffee and cutting out a holiday apron pattern for hand stitching later.

Edited by - Annika on Oct 03 2015 10:16:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2015 :  12:28:06 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Annika,

Tomorrow we go to the Dr. Jon's had muscle spasms that have been driving him crazy!I do what I can to make him comfortable. I really feel bad for him. I did finish the Eagle Scout blanked I've been working on for a friend of ours. Thank goodness for heat bond or it never would have been finished. With the blanket out of the way, I plan to do some fun sewing for myself. LOL!

Farm Girl Sister #6566

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2015 :  7:10:13 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I wish your husband well. I have had 5 rotator cuff surgeries. Not all in a row but I sympathize with his pain. Are you a quilter? At least you like to sew. Hope you get a chance to actually do it.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6823 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6823 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2015 :  08:51:26 AM  Show Profile
My week has started off by me going to the Post Office and bank only to find they are closed for Columbus Day. When you don't work one tends to loose all track of federal holidays. Sometimes it's hard enough for me to know Monday from Thursday.

I did go by the grocery store for some more 79 cent bunches of collard greens & kale. My chickens favorites. While I was there I picked up a couple of spices on the marked down shelf. When did spices get so high?

Rest of my day and probably my week will be spent piddling except for tomorrow morning when I will try the post office & bank again. Also either this week or next I have to get safety sticker for my car.

Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2015 :  2:21:30 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie, I've never quilted, but I do enjoy making things out of the scraps from other larger projects. I did make me a "Farmgirl" backpack. And made sandwich wraps, and snack packs from scraps.

Farm Girl Sister #6566

Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2015 :  2:26:22 PM  Show Profile
Just saw my post from the other day. Don't know where the puppy picture came from?!? I Deleted the picture. Can't figure out how to post the right one. :(

Farm Girl Sister #6566

Edited by - Needle on Oct 12 2015 3:07:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2015 :  7:58:57 PM  Show Profile
Judy, tell your husband things do get better and not to try to do things too soon. Your projects with scraps are so fun. Maybe when things settle down you can make a quilt. It's a great winter project.

Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2015 :  3:51:38 PM  Show Profile
FYI If I've had a really bad day I think I'll just post this and let it go at that! LOL!

Farm Girl Sister #6566

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  08:06:49 AM  Show Profile
My week started with a hysterectomy on Tuesday. I had been planning for my recovery for a week and kind of ran myself ragged doing it. DH was so much help, NOT. I was supposed to stay overnight but that was somehow not communicated to the nurses. They made it sound as if it wasn't medically necessary as if mental health is not a medical necessity. I believe that a bit of a ruckus has been stirred up by this.

I couldn't convince DH that I needed to eat pudding and jello for a few days. He doesn't buy that stuff because he is an organic animal and will not shop at conventional grocery stores. A male neighbor got some for me. His wife had a hysterectomy years ago and knows how to do the care. Lovely man. He also checks in on me and walks the dogs.

I've been watching TV, playing games on the tablet and sleeping mostly. I have to get up and get out of the house on Monday.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  08:13:22 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Marie - Take care of yourself - sounds like your neighbor is more help than your DH. Get your rest while you can.

Judy - I hope your days are less stressful now?

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  08:41:55 AM  Show Profile
Marie ~ Thank the stars for your neighbor! Please heal up and feel well before you toss yourself back into the fray. Hugs and pumpkin muffins all 'round. Y'all sound like you need it.

I've spent the better part of the last 10 days with my elderly mum in law. She's been diabetic for a lot of her adult life and is now past 90. She's a tough and spirited lady, but she has been having light headedness and needs to be kept an eye on. My FIL is in managed care and my dad just finished chemo. Been a busy month so far. I've got a source for wool fleece and am finishing up my pre-holiday - post harvest season cleaning before I try my hand at wet felting. Soon the seed catalogs will arrive and the garden planning will begin :D And THEN there is getting ready, stocking the pantry, making lists and ordering things for the holiday! My landlady's animals keep getting out and causing trouble and my old jeep needs more work. Never a dull moment...

I hope that all of you have the best weekend possible <3
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  09:49:22 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Annika - you sure have your hands full - and a very full schedule ahead for the Fall. Take some time to rest yourself.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17034 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17034 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  11:17:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh Marie,,, hugz

Ladies,,, I must confess,,, just when I feel the stress of life... I pop into the MJF forum,,, and you gals cheer me up,,, make me laugh and encourage to push forward,,,

What lucky farmgirls we are...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  1:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Love that picture. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13572 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13572 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  2:21:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I agree . . . here's the place for encouragement, support, friendship, prayers, cheering and laughter!
Thank you FARMGIRLS!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  2:31:15 PM  Show Profile

Live life in real time my friends. Be the girls in the front seat

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  7:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Love that, too, Annika

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  7:33:11 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I laugh long and loud all the time =P Love that picture =)
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  02:52:37 AM  Show Profile
You all are the encouragement I need! Another day at Hogsmeade,my most unfaorate venue. But that's ok, because we're getting our two youngest grandchildren for the night! They are up in Georgia so don't get them very often. Also DH is going to the Dr. on Tuesday. Physical therapist is pleased with his progress so hopefully he will return to work on light duty and will be allowed to drive. Marie and Annika hang in there. I just keep telling myself "This too shall pass." Prayers and good thoughts! I'm off to see the wizard. LOL!

Farm Girl Sister #6566

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6823 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6823 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  05:16:29 AM  Show Profile
I enjoyed hearing about what y'all have been up to. The picture of the woman holding her hat while her dress blew up is priceless. More power to her for being on a roller coaster ~~ not one of my favorite things.

This week has been busy but in a good way. Wed my sister and I visited our great niece and her triplets, Gentry, Oliver, and London. They will be two Dec 1 and are full of energy. Gentry crawled onto my lap, so I could read to him. It's been 40 years since I read to a child. I liked it. Oliver wanted my shoes to walk around in and of course being a good Great-Great Auntie he got them. London had little to do with me ~~ she played with my sister.

Another day I grocery shopped and today my niece is picking me up to go to Olive Paris ~~ the olive oil shop.

Yesterday I tried to rake the back yard, but between the strong west wind and the chickens scratching in the leaf piles I gave up. It will just have to wait until a calmer day and the chickens are in their coop.

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  5:48:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh gosh girls, when did someone take a picture of me on the roller coaster? Lol. We all need a good laugh.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic WOWZERS! What a week! How was yours? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page