Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Support
 Technical Support
 Someone is changing my posts.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Technical Support: Previous Topic Someone is changing my posts. Next Topic
Page: of 2

mjfadmin
Forum Admin

26 Posts

Moscow Idaho
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  11:26:09 AM  Show Profile
so would you say it is safe to say that all or most of the pictures you upload to the forum are name in this way, IMG- followed by a number?

Go to Top of Page

zagrae
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

48 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  2:03:14 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I just got word from our IT folks that they have identified the problem and have instituted a fix. Basically, there was a problem where some uploaded photos were being renamed by the forum to a default name that was already used by a previous photo, and subsequently was "overwriting" the first photo. They installed rules in place to prevent this from happening going forward, so if anyone notices this happening again make sure to let me know.

Thanks so much for your help and your patience.
Lucas
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  3:26:13 PM  Show Profile
Ok, cool! Thank you so much for your hard work on this. We really do appreciate the chat rooms and all the work that goes into providing us with this great social media venue. A great big THANK YOU. To all.
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  4:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Great!!!

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  4:41:14 PM  Show Profile
Thank you very much.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  3:17:24 PM  Show Profile
Please note that my picture on this page which was of turnips from my garden, is now a Christmas photo.

On page 302 of the Over 50's thread, my picture of sand dunes is now this same Christmas photo!

So not fixed, sorry to say.
Go to Top of Page

mjfadmin
Forum Admin

26 Posts

Moscow Idaho
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  3:31:40 PM  Show Profile
G, was the picture that is now the chirstmas photo, the same one of the turnips on the counter that is still showing? (posted 11/30/15)
Go to Top of Page

mjfadmin
Forum Admin

26 Posts

Moscow Idaho
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  4:27:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, let me again apologize for this picture swapping issue and I share in your frustration. Our computer folks have assured me that they have identified the problem and will be able to get a fix in place by mid-day tomorrow. Thanks again for your continued patience, we do appreciate it!

Lucas
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  5:18:36 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, I was mistaken. No the turnips are still there. The pic that has been replaced was I think, a picture I took at the beach last week.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  06:59:11 AM  Show Profile
Here is the one I posted that got changed to the Christmas stuff. It looks like all the replacement pictures are from the exchanges.

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  07:06:30 AM  Show Profile
It appears that both my photo here of the pelican, and my pic on the Over 50s board were replaced at the same time and with the same photo. The photo was recognized by Marie as being from the Christmas swap.

Would I be able to close my account completely and re-register? Not everybody is having this problem. If my account is in conflict with only one other person (that is if all my replaced photos are coming from one other poster, then there must be something weird with our two accounts that they somehow conflict with each other. I would like to know if my missing photos are appearing in someone else's posts? Where do they go?

Thank you for your help.
Go to Top of Page

mjfadmin
Forum Admin

26 Posts

Moscow Idaho
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  09:09:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi G,

Let's not go to abandoning your account just yet.

The IT folks tell me that this is a naming or renaming problem and that it has to do with how files are originally named, for example image.jpg or image.jpeg.

All images uploaded to the forum are loaded in to an images folder on the sever. Before the image is actually saved into that folder, the forum has a built in tool that looks for images of the same name that already exist in that folder and if it finds one then in appends the newest file name with a number, so that the names are not the same.

However, if an image that is too large for the forum is loaded, the forum has a built in re-sizing tool to downsize the image to a more suitable forum size...this causes the image to be renamed on the server.

It appears that in some select cases the original file name (image.jpg or image.jepg) is causing the system to forget to check for a same name image before re-sizing and then allowing the new, re-sized image to be saved as the name that already exists (therefore, replacing that original photo).

The IT folks tell me they have fixed the side of the problem involving the .jpg files, but are working on a fix for the .jpeg files (turns out very few files are named with .jpeg anymore)

One thing they have suggested is that if posters have the ability to rename their images before uploading, to name them something other than the default name generated by the device that created the picture. As well, if the file name generated by the creating device is .jpeg, it also might be helpful to rename that image to simply .jpg

I know this is a lot of IT talk, but I want you to know that I'm trying to get this fixed as soon as I can.

Thanks.
Lucas
Go to Top of Page

mjfadmin
Forum Admin

26 Posts

Moscow Idaho
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  09:32:31 AM  Show Profile
I just spoke with the IT folks again and they feel that as of about 9 am PST, they have made the additional fixes and that this problem shouldn't exist any longer.

Sorry for all the frustration and hopefully this is fixed for good. Again, thank you for all your patience.
Lucas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Technical Support: Previous Topic Someone is changing my posts. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page