Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Complete your UFO's in 2016!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Complete your UFO's in 2016! Next Topic
Page: of 33

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  07:50:39 AM  Show Profile
OK, I am going to jump on the band wagon of committing to completing some projects in 2016.

They are as follows:

1. This is the big one: Cleaning out my extra bedroom and moving all the craft and sewing stuff into the other extra bedroom which is to be the craft sewing room.

2. Finish the Jean Rag Quilt for my son

3. Finish a cross stitch sampler for my soon to be daughter in law (Must finish by June 25)

4. Finish the 15 wood block reindeer that I started for Christmas 2105

5. Make a list of all un-completed projects in the craft room.

6. Complete 10 children's Pre-1840 Mountain Man Rendezvous clothing pieces prior to Rendezvous season

7. Complete all Oven Handle Towels already cut out for Etsy Shop.

8. Complete all Hot Pads already cut out for Etsy shop.

9. Crochet 10 sets of dishcloths for Etsy Shop.

10. Complete 10 Annie Dolls for Etsy Shop.

Whoooshh......I am tired just thinking about it! Wish me luck girls!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!

Edited by - sherone_13 on Jan 12 2016 08:12:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17061 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17061 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  10:11:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh whew! so I am not the only one (nor Marie) who has a list of UFO's longer then my arm! lolol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  10:29:19 AM  Show Profile
I know, huh? (hangs my head) Did you notice that I put in there make a list of all the UFO's that I am unaware of. That's because both of those rooms are filled to the max with craft and sewing stuff. Have you seen the show "Hoarders"? The rest of my house is clean and lovely, but those two rooms...oh my. I think I might need one of those psychologists to come in and help me deal with letting go with some of it. *giggles*

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

My Etsy

My Avon

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7448 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7448 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  10:33:58 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I also should do that, Sherone. At one time my UFO list of fabric/quilting crafts was about 150. YES! 150!!!!! Some I had fabric and an idea, some were started, some I had pattern and fabric, etc. I can only hope that since I lost that list, many have been finished.

However, when my cousin passed away 3 years ago, I gained all her UFOs. I finished 7 quilts for Christmas that first year for her husband, daughters, and grandkids, and have finished 3 more quilts since then and mailed them to her daughter.

We all must stick together to help encourage us to complete our UFOs.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  12:08:58 PM  Show Profile
So you think the list I posted are my ONLY UFOs? Heck no! These are just the one's I want to finish FIRST. I mean, did you see that picture of my mending? When I measured it, I learned it was 70" of mending. That doesn't include the boxes of needlecraft kits hiding in the basement or the several old quilts which need mending sleeping comfortably in a corner. I could fill an entire forum page with a list of my UFOS but that would take days. <snicker>

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7448 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7448 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  12:50:06 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! We'd better not do that, Marie. Between you, me, and Kat, we'd take down the site. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  4:53:27 PM  Show Profile
This sounds like it is going to be a very FUN time on the UFO's thread. Looking forward to seeing all those finished UFO's.

I am not going to list all my UFO's (it would scare me too much) LOL

GO FARMGIRLS!!!!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6764 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6764 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  6:48:28 PM  Show Profile
Okay Grace, I am going to join you. My list of things to finish is small but I am truly motivated to complete them this year. Not all of my tasks involve sewing so I hope they count. As of right now my list contains…
1. Finish making rice bags
2. Complete Valentines, Christmas, owl, lemonade, and D wood blocks
3. Finish winter wreath
As I go through my craft room and see what I missed I will add it to my list.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7448 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7448 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  6:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Krista what is a D wood block?

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17061 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17061 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  8:56:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh Krista,, you have the perfect excuse for not getting around to your UFO's... that sweet precious baby boy... but on the rare occasion that he is sleeping and you are in need of something to do... yep,,, a UFO is perfect...
You are on the list,,,, and if you are like us,,, you will find UFO's hidden in your craft room... I swear,,, mine are like Dust Bunnies,,, they just keep showing up no matter how much I clean/organize... lol!
hugz

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Maryellen
Stanfield North Carolina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  05:20:55 AM  Show Profile
I need to join this list! I think it will really help if I just realize how much I have to do before I buy more. So today I will compile a list. That will be accomplishment in itself. At least I will have a plan. Thanks for this forum and the encouragement it brings. Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  06:31:08 AM  Show Profile
Erin, your pocket built is really cute and very practical. I have never seen one before but it sure is cool!

Hehehe, all of you crack me up with your UFOs!! So many neat ideas and projects filling your rooms. I look forward to you posting photos when some of them get done. Alas, my Mom was like all of you. She could sew, stitch, knit, crochet and craft beautiful and amazing projects. Me? Well, I can just do a few simple things pretty good. During my life, I seem to go in waves of interest. For a long time, it was sewing clothing, then cross stitch and some embroidery, then crocheting afghans, then simple quilting, and finally simple knitting. I never seem to get past a certain level before I want to do something totally different. I also like to cook and do things like make bread, can jams, and try cooking with new or different ingredients. Of late, it seems that my crafting wants to follow doing something that is necessary or useable. If I am going to spend the money to get the supplies, then I want the item to be something I can use often and enjoy. Take for instance knitting basic socks. I enjoy picking out yarn that I can make into socks and wear and enjoy every day. Or cold weather accessories like gloves and scarves/hats. Lately, I have also enjoyed embroidering dishtowels for my kitchen for all the seasons. I like looking at them and using them everyday because it makes clean up more fun. What really frustrates me is when I take on a project and it turns out all wonky or ugly because I made a bunch of mistakes. So frustrating to spend the time to end up not even wanting to use it!

Right now, I am working on my second pair of wool blend socks with yarn that I bought over two years ago. One pair is done and I am well on to the first of the second pair. I promise to post a photo of the finished projects. Lately, we are having cool enough weather to wear wool socks so I am motivated to keep going to finish. Yesterday, the other new pair felt so warm and comfy all day!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  07:52:30 AM  Show Profile
Remember that there are no mistakes in art. The projects which turns out all "wonky or ugly" is just more interesting and artistic. I have customized many of my projects with mistakes and, the fact is, few people notice and those crafters that do, never point it out.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  08:27:16 AM  Show Profile
Hey Krista,

Since we are close in geography, can I bring my UFO list to you and we can trade? Yours is a lot shorter than mine. :)

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

My Etsy

My Avon

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  09:02:29 AM  Show Profile
Update on my UFO list.....I haven't touched a thing! Not a blasted thing! Not only that, but my dear daughter in law to be coyly suggested that the groomsmen vest would be so much nicer if they were handmade by the Mother of the Groom. Guess who that is? Yup ...... ME!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

My Etsy

My Avon

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7448 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7448 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  12:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Since we are on the road I brought some knitting UFOs with me that I probably wouldn't have worked on at home. I've got 2 scarves and 2 shawls to finish, and I brought all my cotton yarn to make dish cloths. I'll let you know how many I get done and send pictures.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 13 2016 2:52:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6764 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6764 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  4:57:16 PM  Show Profile
Linda- My D wood block is just simply a large D that I want to paint and decorate and hang in my living room. It stands for the D in my last name, Davis.

Grace-Thank you! I am ready to get back into the swing of it and nap time is a perfect time! To tell you the truth I am a bit afraid to go into my craft room right now. I having a feeling there are so many more projects hidden in there that I seem to have forgotten about. I will admit that room is quite messy. Its where we have stashed all the large boxes we have accumulated from all the new baby items. I need to break them down before I can start projects! Ha ha

Marie- I agree with you. It seems that our mistakes tend to be what others like. Everyone’s eyes see differently. I learned this when I was in nail school. The client wanted a feather design. I did my best to attempt a feather and felt it was the most hideous thing I had even seen. She was in love with it and refused to let me change it! Stay positive about your work and be proud!

Sherone- I would love to help! Not sure you would be pleased with how everything turns out! Especially your daughter in law. She would not want my work in her wedding!!!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17061 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17061 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  9:33:37 PM  Show Profile
Well... I will have a house full of ladies tomorrow,,, Taco Bar luncheon and Bingo... I have been cleaning and cooking all day today...
so I didn't get to work on any UFO's... but I think Friday just be perfect for a quiet day in my sewing room... lol!

In the mean time you ladies have fun ufoing... farmgirl hugs

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  10:07:55 PM  Show Profile
I promised I would post my UFO list but have not done it yet. Let's see if I can get a start.
1. Finish simply woven quilt for Cameron... king size,needs quiltng and binding
2. Links bargello...half done top
3. Scrappy string pieced spiderweb quilt....top half done
4. Pieceful Peonies quilt...only needs quilting
5. Grand Illusion mystery quilt...blocks done...need to finish top and quilt
6. Finish applique borders of Japanese Lantern quilt
7. Machine quilt Seaport Quilters mystery from last year
8. Finish 1 charity quilt for camp Erin
9. Machine quilt pink and brown sister's swap quilt
10. Quilt second sister's swap quilt

"Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other art follows. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."

Daniel Webster

Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  10:09:06 PM  Show Profile
And so many more, I don't even want to think about it.

"Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other art follows. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."

Daniel Webster

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  04:16:55 AM  Show Profile
Whew, we sure are a busy bunch! My UFO list keeps growing, too, it's like it has a life of its own. It's huge, it's monstrous, it's "The UFO List That Ate Delaware!" Hee hee! (Actually, if you look at Delaware, it probably wouldn't make much of a meal for a monster.) ;) But I digress (often) . . . I finished this simple scarf for a sweet lady I've been visiting at the nursing home. It's part of a badge project. It will be part of her Valentine's surprise package.

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6829 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6829 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  04:32:26 AM  Show Profile
Amy the scarf is beautiful. The lady receiving it will be very happy and good job working on the badge.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  07:13:23 AM  Show Profile
Well, after wrapping up half an elk to put in the freezer, I finally got a minute to sit down and crochet a dishcloth. I got it half done before I fell asleep in the recliner. *teehee* Maybe the other half tonight. The elk and the dishcloth. :)

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

My Etsy

My Avon

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  08:15:07 AM  Show Profile
Very pretty scarf, Amy! Such a beautiful gift!
Sherone, dishcloths are my fave for trying new stitches!

Now, if I would get off the laptop, I might finish a UFO!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  08:34:00 AM  Show Profile
Erin -- Wayyyyy too cute! How clever. Even if you didn't make the quilt -- giving the pockets a new life is a great idea.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Complete your UFO's in 2016! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page