BellaSticks
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Nicole
Chicago Illinois
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  1:35:19 PM  Show Profile
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! And thank you for the wonderful feedback on my dress. This makes me want to work on my embroidery skills so I can make patches a focal point! sounds like I've got some merit badge work ahead of me :)

Nicole
Farmgirl #6762
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  3:07:38 PM  Show Profile
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Life has been pretty crazy around here. I feel like I kind of lost my stride and haven't been able to get into the swing of things again. Laundry is running amok in my living room, I'm a half step ahead of the dishes, and all the while, trying to keep up with running the kids to and from school and band events, and work. I feel a little drained. BUT!!! This past weekend, I got to delve into a great book I borrowed from the library and for the first time in my domestic life, I made the most amazing, most flaky pie crust I've ever made! Not to mention the cutest animal crackers and cold brew coffee for the week! I love this book and after I run out of renewals, I'm probably going to buy it. So despite everything else falling into a state of madness...I made a flaky pie crust! So life is OK!
Hope everyone here has a valentine's day full of love and...tranquility! I think I'll go make a cup of tea and the snacking cake recipe from this book!
Here is a link to the book and the author's web page! http://www.eatingfromthegroundup.com/the-homemade-kitchen-2/

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  3:43:43 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, I think that's a great idea. I can't wait to see your work.

Ally, I definitely can relate with you right now. Lately I have been feeling like I'm always taking one step forward and twenty back. But in all reality I don't think I would know how to function without all my chaos!! Congratulations on your flaky pie crust, animal crackers, and coffee. There's nothing better then those amazing little accomplishments!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2017 :  12:14:54 PM  Show Profile
Tomorrow is random act of kindness day. I would really like to do something for someone. I haven't decided what to do yet. I'll let you know when I decide! Maybe you girls can join me!
Life has been so busy I forgot to check the oddball holidays. We have missed a few fun ones. I will have to pay better attention!!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  3:54:03 PM  Show Profile
Just taking a quick second, before catching up my Houdini baby escaping from the play room, to say Hi everyone! Hope you Monday isn't quite so Monday-ish!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2017 :  10:56:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ally! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you and your Houdini baby are having a wonderful day. My little guy has turned into a monkey. We really need the weather to change so we can get outside to burn off some of this energy. To bad I can't figure out how to borrow some...

Krista
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2017 :  06:29:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls! I hope everyone is well. We're doing pretty well. I've been on a hiatus from the farmgirl connection, but I've recently renewed my membership and eased back into our henhouse. Now I'm trying to ease back into the main forum! This was a much needed break from everything extra in my life, and as a result we're on a pretty good track school-wise, and made some very good friends in our homeschool community. We're involved in a lot of things out of the house this year, and my kids really love it. I just have to laugh when people worry about the anti-social aspect of homeschooling because for us nothing could be further from the truth. If anything we have to choose what to do and what not to do or we'll get burned out.

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

"And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good." - John Steinbeck, East of Eden
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1504 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1504 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2017 :  08:17:45 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Hi Erin! I'm so happy for you getting out and making some friends. That is a struggle for me. Maybe things will be different when we move to the farm.

Speaking of!! Check out my latest VLOG for a surprise! https://youtu.be/Id1Rbjacunk

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232 FGOTM May 2016
<3 OUR FARM <3
https://www.facebook.com/WinklerDerBauernhof/
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

AutumnCountyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Kiersten
Suffolk Virginia
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2017 :  09:22:40 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back, Erin!

Kiersten, Farmgirl Sister #7232
https://autumncountrygirl93.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2017 :  2:48:40 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear from you Erin! I bet you and your family are enjoying your social outings. Hopefully you will be stopping by more often now that things have settled for you. How is your new little one?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2017 :  4:22:33 PM  Show Profile
He has a bit of a cough but other than that he's great! He's started walking already :/ That's earlier than any of my other kids started so I kind of feel like Yikes! about it, but he's too cute walking around.

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

"And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good." - John Steinbeck, East of Eden
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2017 :  12:05:29 PM  Show Profile
Walking! Already?! It seems just like yesterday you had him. Oh man time sure does fly. I'm glad he is doing good.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2017 :  11:56:52 AM  Show Profile
It has done nothing but snow here since yesterday afternoon. I have had my fair share of snow and can't wait for Spring to be here. All of us are just itching to get outside and play. It really shows when I see my son staring out the window with a look of wanting on his face! Anyone else ready for Spring?

Krista

Edited by - MaryJanesNiece on Feb 24 2017 11:57:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2017 :  09:24:21 AM  Show Profile
The weather has been so weird this year. It has hardly snowed here at all. Last Friday it was 70 degrees out! It cooled down over the weekend but its going back up again here. It almost seems likes spring already.

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2017 :  12:47:44 PM  Show Profile
I'm jealous Erin. We are getting a ton of snow here again today. Since last night we have gotten a couple inches. I went and bought a double stroller last week and haven't had a chance to use it and it's driving me crazy!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  09:21:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh Ally! I just clicked on the link for the book you were talking about. I love her books too! Especially the Homemade Pantry. Both of those books are in my tiny little library in our tiny little town and they're so good!

Erin
Farmgirl #3762

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  12:16:39 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies! Just checking in to see how you all are doing on this fine day!

So I had an idea.... maybe we could do a small swap or letter exchange for our small group. Thoughts? It may be a good way to keep us in touch and have a little fun. Let me know.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

BellaSticks
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Nicole
Chicago Illinois
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  2:44:44 PM  Show Profile
Krista, I would be willing to participate in a small swap or letter exchange. Anything to help keep me engaged. I feel like I have so many things going on in my life right now, it's hard to focus some days. I'm happy you checked in and I hope you're well :)

Nicole
Farmgirl #6762
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  3:26:48 PM  Show Profile
A swap or letter exchange would be fun... what did you have in mind Krista?

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2017 :  10:38:38 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, I am not quite sure yet. I just wanted to find a way for us to stay in contact and get a "break" from our crazy busy lives!

Glad to have you on board, Nicole! Any ideas?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1504 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1504 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2017 :  5:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
I'm up for it!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232 FGOTM May 2016
<3 OUR FARM <3
https://www.facebook.com/WinklerDerBauernhof/
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2017 :  5:59:42 PM  Show Profile
Krista - I love the idea :) What about a note/letter with a bag of our favourite tea to share? Just an idea :)

I feel so incredibly crazy busy - I have quite a few new piano students, and a lot of my students are training to become teachers with me, so it's so much extra work on my plate. Especially when they've changed the requirements for the exams for two of the courses I'm teaching :( That means I have to re-work my lesson planning, so it's been quite a bit of extra work on my plate right now. I will be happy when the second weekend of May comes and all the written exams are over...and then just one more month left and practical exams, and then I get the summer free!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2017 :  6:54:50 PM  Show Profile
Joyce - love that idea! I was going to suggest a pocket letter...

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  09:55:58 AM  Show Profile
Super excited you are on board, Alicia and Joyce!

That's a good idea Joyce!

Shannon, what exactly is a pocket letter?

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Gathered Up: Previous Topic 49 and under Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page