notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2017 :  07:32:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh how sad! That is big tear worthy. I usually upload my pictures to Walgreens so that I can easily order them. It's kind of a back up too if anything happens to the computer. The one bummer is I like to take pictures with hipstamatic and they cant print the 4x4 pictures. I have to use postalpix for that.

Erin
Sister #3762
Farmgirl of the Month ~ March 2016
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2017 :  07:36:25 AM  Show Profile
What's hipstamatic and postalpix, Erin? I would do that, but we don't have a Walgreens here. Where I go for pictures, is usually online, and then it takes a ridiculous three weeks or so to get to me, so I am looking for something where I can load it on the site and then have it either ready for me to pick up at the store, or shipped to me. Do you take a lot of pictures Erin? I tend to be a bit picture happy :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2017 :  11:43:28 AM  Show Profile
You can do that with Walgreens. I'm not sure if it's different in Canada but you can upload them to the site and have them delivered here, or you can go pick them up. Actually I just ordered some today, and they have the 4x4 option now, so you can order square prints. I'm excited about that. Hipstamatic is kind of an old app that makes pictures look old when you take them. I just think they're fun. Postalpix is another app that you can order square prints from. But now I guess I don't need it since I can order them through Walgreens. Actually I used to take a lot of pictures but Jason is the one who's really picture crazy right now.

Erin
Sister #3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2017 :  11:47:08 AM  Show Profile
So Erin, do you know of anything in Canada? We don't have Walgreens here. So Hipstamatic is an app that you can get - like on your ipad and you can make pictures look old? Thanks for your help :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2017 :  1:37:09 PM  Show Profile
Here are two examples of pics that we took using hipstamatic. The have different filters that make them look vintage.

We have that app on our ipod touch (so old school!) and I still use it. I looked into getting it for our ipad but it looks different. I still may get it though. I can't believe you don't have Walgreens at all! They're on every corner here. I shouldn't be that surprised but for some reason I am. You should look into the postalpix app and see if you can use them. They deliver too, and not just square pics.

Erin
Sister #3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2017 :  1:42:29 PM  Show Profile
Erin, this is the first pic I remember seeing if you...you are so beautiful!! Thanks for sharing, I will look up postalpix.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2017 :  2:06:44 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Joyce! I have to tell you these are a couple years old and a baby happened between now and then, haha, but I'm trying to get back there! :)

Erin
Sister #3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2017 :  3:56:11 PM  Show Profile
I tried the postal pix and it's only for phons. Any suggestions for a MacBook?

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  07:23:35 AM  Show Profile
I don't know, Joyce. I have never had a MacBook. What about Costco? I've heard you can order pics through them, but I haven't tried it yet. I don't know if you have a Costco or if you're a member but I would check any big stores like that you may have there.

Erin
Sister #3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  09:27:03 AM  Show Profile
We live on a tiny island, so we don't have any big stores :( I will keep searching!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  11:18:12 AM  Show Profile
I have used Shutterfly a couple of times. I don't print my pictures very often but when I do I use them. I have also used Costco. But the Shutterfly site allows you to store your pictures on their site. Kind of like a backup. They also do a ton a deals. When I signed up I received 100 prints for free so I printed all the new pictures I had of my baby. And just this last Christmas I used my pictures to design coffee mugs for my parents. So the website does more than just print pictures.

Beautiful pictures Erin!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  11:27:35 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Krista!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  11:34:22 AM  Show Profile
Oh I forgot about Shutterfly! It looks like Shutterfly ships to Canada, Joyce! I was just browsing their website.

Erin
Sister #3762
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  5:45:26 PM  Show Profile
Awesome! Joyce, were you able to check it out?

So today I worked all afternoon trying to make a taggie blanket for my boy and after all my work, I flipped it inside out and seen I sewed it wrong! My tags were going inside instead of out. I'm so bummed. I decided instead of picking it out I would give it to my other boy as just a blanket. On to round 2.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  6:10:50 PM  Show Profile
Yes, did Krista. Just briefly though, I will have to use it to get a better idea I think. That's terrible that you sewed it inside out. I can relate though,,,,I was sewing a project for Debbie Allan for our Wildflower group, and I did the exact same thing, sigh. It's nice to know I'm not the on,y one that makes silly mistakes!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  6:16:39 PM  Show Profile
Glad I'm not the only one either! I think I was just so excited to get it made and use my sewing machine for the first time that I didn't think things through. I'll make sure I do from now on or at least try to!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  12:05:08 PM  Show Profile
I did it! I completed my taggie blanket and I actually did it correctly! I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Now I want to sew more.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  12:14:11 PM  Show Profile
yay! It's cute :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2017 :  11:08:52 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Joyce!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1502 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2017 :  3:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
That is sweet Krista!

Erin you are such a natural beauty!

Joyce, I find it fascinating that you live on a tiny island!! I knew you were in Canada, but how interesting!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232 FGOTM May 2016
<3 OUR FARM <3
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rAaWB8U8t13yBZCd-nwLA
https://www.facebook.com/WinklerDerBauernhof/
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2017 :  3:45:56 PM  Show Profile
Yes, and our tiny island is a province!! It takes about 4 hours to get from tip to tip :D

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2017 :  09:20:43 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Alicia!

Cute blanket Krista! I do that all the time when I'm sewing things. My stitch ripper and I are quite familiar! :) One of the reasons I didn't do the bakeover swap, Joyce, is because I need very clear instructions and a pattern. Step by step pictures would be nice! I would've totally messed it up!

We've had a couple of busy days. Baseball and play dates. Tonight we're going to a birthday party for one of Connor's homeschool friends. Jason doesn't feel like going so he's staying home with Rory, which is awesome. It's a pool party, so I would just be chasing him around trying to keep him from falling in the pool the whole time! Next week is our last week of baseball. Yay! It's fun, but I'm very ready to be done with it. I feel like there's something so backwards about getting up earlier in the summer than you do in the school year! Something about that just isn't right. What are you girls up to this weekend?

Erin
Sister #3762
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2017 :  09:30:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh! Today would be the last day to sign up for the pocket letter swap. So far it's me, Joyce and Krista. Anyone else up for it?

Erin
Sister #3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2017 :  11:03:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh sigh Erin - I should have looked at the pattern BEFORE signing up!! I did find it quite confusing to read. I don't know why - I read patterns all the time, but for some reason this was tricky. Maybe it's because it's outside of the realm of dresses/shirts/skirts.

Today we had our last day of a 3-day VBS. Tomorrow I need to play piano for church (we have a service twice a day) and then on Monday I shall wash windows and have my last piano lesson to teach before summer break :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2017 :  09:25:52 AM  Show Profile
Ok girls, looks like it's just the three of us for pocket letters!

Joyce-Krista
Krista-Erin
Erin-Joyce

As in, first name makes a pocket letter for the second name. Mail out by the end of the month. :)

Erin
Sister #3762
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Gathered Up: Previous Topic 49 and under Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page