MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2016 :  09:41:27 AM  Show Profile
Not MY yard, but Winnie's yard--from her orange tree. I hope her annual gift to me of a jar of Orange Marmalade (made with ChillOver powder) never ends. (Hint, hint, Winnie.)

So for my breakfast this morning I toasted some heirloom wheat sourdough English Muffins that my DIL, Ashley, made yesterday, topped with butter from my cow, Miss Daisy, and a SURPRISE! healthy serving of Miss Winnie's marmalade.

But wait, what's that in the background? Why, it's a little chick Winnie crocheted that has a little surprise waiting inside it for Easter morning. I hope it's chocolate???? Whenever Winnie travels, she finds the BEST chocolate.

Thank you dear Winnie!!!! What a great way to start my day--you, homegrown food, the Sisterhood--all of it so very farmgirl through and through.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2016 :  10:23:13 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful way to start your day!! Winnie is a very giving farmgirl! Hopefully your little chick contains some chocolate for Easter.
Your breakfast looks delicious! Enjoy every bite!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2016 :  10:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Yum! Sounds delicious, MaryJane. Do you give out the recipe, Winnie?? Hint, hint!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2016 :  11:39:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh .... Lucky you! All looks so yummy! Winnie is such a sweet farmsister! Enjoy!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2016 :  12:24:03 PM  Show Profile
Yay for BackYard Marmalade made with ChillOver powder! I am delighted that you enjoyed it this morning for breakfast. Those fresh homemade english muffins look delicious and of course what could be better than butter from my sweet Daisy girl. As to what is inside the chick......guess you will have to wait and see. The tiny chocolate that was in the basket came from Germany. Those cows over there make the best creamy milk chocolate!

Linda, as to a recipe, with ChillOver, I can just make it up. I take the oranges, peel them and get rid of seeds, and only add a bit of the chopped up orange rind so that the marmalade is not too bitter. Then I add sugar to taste, and slowly simmer it all for about 1 hour. Next, I follow the directions on the ChillOver powder for the number of teaspoons per volume of fruit mix and do as they say. Then can for a 10 minute water bath and cool. The best part about using ChillOver is you can add the amount of sugar that tastes good to you and then just simmer it longer so the flavors melt together more evenly before adding the ChillOver to finish it off.

While we sadly don't grow apples down here, we do grow awesome oranges and we enjoy them every year.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2016 :  12:48:55 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Looks yummy! And what a special treat for you, Mary Jane!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2016 :  12:51:08 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Winne while we DO grow wonderful apples here, it would be nice if we could grow oranges too, but it's not the right climate!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2016 :  8:48:30 PM  Show Profile
Mary Jane, I am glad Winnie gifted you with that delicious marmelade. We were in Florida many years ago and the oranges were fresh and wonderful and tasted some home-made marmalade. Yum!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2016 :  1:03:29 PM  Show Profile
My mouth is watering! What a wonderful way to start your day. Makes me wish we could grow oranges here in Ohio. That little chick is adorable too!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page
  **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic "From My Yard" Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page