SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  7:53:07 PM  Show Profile
Just a random post to share with y'all that folks in the LONE STAR state really are some of the most friendly folks around. . .

Case in point, since having my stitches removed from "franken-finger" and just keeping a bare minimum of dressing on it so the distal bone might find all four parts and reconnect (so the ER doc says). . . I've noticed how many folks are quick to give me a great big "howdy" when they see me coming. . . And of course, there were a few old sourheads, obviously from somewhere else that mistook my lovely soft cast for some other kind of "wave" - - - There's always a silver lining, right?!

SouthForty, MJFG#3794

~*~ You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits! ~*~

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  11:02:20 AM  Show Profile
Doris: Funny. I hope your finger is healing! I live in Texas, I'll be on the lookout. LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2016 :  10:27:41 AM  Show Profile
LOL! Maybe you should draw a happy face on it! lol Or place a happy face sticker on it!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2016 :  12:59:23 PM  Show Profile
Happily I am down to just a bandaid when venturing out. It's looking more like my finger each day but I know that the nail will eventually fall off because of the trauma to the nail bed. I just pray that it will grow back decently and the fragments connect in a somewhat straight fashion. You'd be surprised to know just how much your middle finger sticks out from the other two on each side... what's that, maybe 3/4 of an inch? It seems like a mile when its hurt! To my knowledge, I have never EVER shut my middle finger in the bathroom door, until now!

Anyway, thanks for the groovy suggestions!!

SouthForty, MJFG#3794

~*~ You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits! ~*~
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Passing thoughts Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page