Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Recipes with ramen noodles Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2016 :  10:22:23 PM  Show Profile
So I have been off work since the end of January due to surgery. I have had to find ways to fix nutritious food on a small budget. One of my favorite meals is ramen noodles with tofu and broccoli that's been marinated in tamari, sesame oil, and Asian chile sauce. (Sweet but spicy). I fix it in a skillet and it is surprisingly good. I have some other recipes with ramen noodles that I haven't tried yet. I get the ones at the food co-op that only have about three ingredients. I don't use the flavoring packets (lots of bad stuff in those). I've even found that ramen noodles can be a substitute for rice in many recipes. Anyone else use these to save money? Now that I've discovered how good they are, I think I'll buy a case!

Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog on Tumblr: eclecticstarlightcollectorbluff

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6718 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6718 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2016 :  11:40:35 AM  Show Profile
I do! It's actually a recipe from my cousin. It's a Romen Noodle hamburger casserole. Super easy to make and only consists of Romen Noodles, hamburger, and cheese! I like to make it when I want something fast but still tasty.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GoatieGirl
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Melody
Cochranton Pa
USA
28 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  5:39:57 PM  Show Profile
My favorite is "Weeds and Seeds Salad" ...great for picnics

layer: 1 pound bag cole slaw or broccoli slaw, 4 green onions chopped, 1 cup cashews, 3/4 cup sunflower seeds, 1 package ramen noodles

Heat: 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup vinegar and packet of chicken flavor seasoning from noodles
Cool. Add 3/4 cup oil

Shake dressing well and pour over salad just before serving

Sister #6700
Go to Top of Page

Pixiedustdevil
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Temperate Rainforest Oregon
USA
68 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  12:15:50 AM  Show Profile
Here's a video from YouTube on making Korean Ramen. The couple filming this are from Canada, but living in Korea. If not for the recipe it's atleast entertaining!
https://youtu.be/Eqkz6dX-OTE

----------------------
Sisterhood #6941

Jack of all trades, master of none,
though oftentimes better than master of one.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Recipes with ramen noodles Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page