Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Wonderful book to barter-TAKEN
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Wonderful book to barter-TAKEN Next Topic  

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  2:10:33 PM  Show Profile
I have a wonderful soft cover book The 36-Hour Day to barter. "A Family Guide to Caring for People with Alzheimer Disease, Other Dementias, and Memory Loss in Later Life." It explains the diseases and how to communicate with your loved ones who are suffering from them and how to take care of yourself while caring for your loved one.

I so wish I had read this when my Mother was still alive. It would have made a huge difference in her care and the way I cared for myself and family. I found myself often thinking, "Oh! This is what this action means!" You will never regret reading this book!

Make me a barter I can't refuse.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on May 17 2016 09:11:22 AM

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  12:20:42 PM  Show Profile
I have this book too, and can also recommend it as a great resource if you are taking care of someone with memory loss at any stage in their journey. It was the first book my Dad's neuro-psychologist recommended to my family when he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and started having memory challenges and it has helped us many times in the past 10 years. I really hope it finds a good home soon!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  3:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Let me ask my neighbor if she has this book. Her husband has alzheimers and she told me just the other day that she can see changes in his behavior every day. It sounds like a great book.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  4:24:51 PM  Show Profile
Great, Linda! Just let me know!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Wonderful book to barter-TAKEN Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page