Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Where did you meet the love of your life?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Where did you meet the love of your life? Next Topic
Page: of 2

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3309 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3309 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  12:33:22 PM  Show Profile
25 years ago today my husband and I exchanged our wedding vows after a brief courtship.

I met him at a wedding reception. My first night out on my own after two years of being a single mother of three. I knew this was the "one" even before I knew his name...

Where did you meet the love of your life?

Melody---

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  1:48:19 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on your anniversary Melody!

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  8:16:05 PM  Show Profile
I met the Love of my Life in Church. We have been married 32 years this Sept.
I have been married before. My first husband was my High School Sweetheart but he ended
up loving playing piano in Night Clubs more than being at home with me and our son. We
were only married 3 years but had been a couple for 3 years before that. Today we are very good
friends. My 2nd Marriage was to a man who claimed to be a Christian (I met him at Church) but
he had an alcohol and drug addiction that reared it's ugly head about 5 years into the marriage.
We were married for 8 yrs. I had one son from each of those two marriages. My second husband
and I have no contact with each other after the kids became adults. And I like it that way.
The Third Time was a Charm...or so I tell everyone. Marriage is hard but when you really love
someone and are committed to them you can get through anything together. It takes two committed
people. We had a son together also. He just turned 30. Between us we have 6 kids, 9 Grandkids,
and 4 great grandkids. Because they are spread all over kingdom come...we have only 4 grandkids
whom we have active roles in their lives. 2 here and 2 in Seattle. The Grand children are our
pride and joy! We have been so blessed.

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17068 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17068 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  8:38:26 PM  Show Profile
my honey and I were High School sweethearts and here we are going on 43 years of wedded Bliss & Blisters,,, and I would do all over again...
I got married right out of High school, just barely 18 years old... 4 years later we had our only child....
Now we are the proud grandparents of 3 wonderful grandkiddos.

Melody & Peggy,,, congrats on marrying you sweethearts,,,
Like they say,,, "Happiness is being married to your best friend"...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6479 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6479 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  05:39:58 AM  Show Profile
I met the Love of my Life In Reading Efficiency Class in 1973, I was reading the book The Exorcist and My Tommy came up and ask me if he could read it when I was finished, I knew as soon as he looked into my eyes I had found my Mr. Right! We will be married 42 years in August and we have a 40 year old Son. Oh by the way, I was engaged at the time to the guy my adopted mother thought was the love of my life, umm guess she was wrong, LoL!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  06:24:27 AM  Show Profile
Probing question for a rainy Thursday morning! I met my real deepest love in Guatemala when I was working as a missionary about 30 years ago. I knew when I met him that he was special, and we maintained a friendship for years -- through miles and marriages and relocations -- much of the time he was either at home in Guatemala or in the deep south of the US going to school, while I was living in the Pacific Northwest. We lost touch for a while after he tried to propose (I didn't want him to quit school and tie himself down to a lady with a little girl and be buried under that all at once), and reconnected about 8 years ago. The love was stronger even than we had imagined, but our lives had changed and there were so many commitments we already had that we knew we could not make a lifetime together without hurting a lot of people who did not deserve it. So we have remained close -- even though the miles are long.

In the meantime, I moved across the country to be nearer to my daughter and her family and met a guy at my new Rotary Club -- completely by accident. He was the greeter and met me at the door on my first visit with a big smile and a hearty handshake. As the only two "singles" in the club, we became fast friends and took our sweet time getting to know one another. We are still best friends, but the love that has grown between us is a wonderful surprise at this time in our lives. We have been together for 4 1/2 years and have built a very sweet relationship. I love him dearly and he loves me. We have survived remodeling our home over the past 2 years, so we are guessing that nothing can stop us! ha ha It's funny how what you are looking for in a life partner changes over the years -- we are both happy and contented and have made our "Til death do us part" promise. Love is a wonder, isn't it?

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  06:56:07 AM  Show Profile
We each have such different but interesting Stories don't we?

Life is a Journey...that's for sure!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  07:24:45 AM  Show Profile
My Hunky Hubbie was the Disco DJ at my high school dances. He says he noticed a tall, willowy blonde wallflower and asked her to dance. The rest is 35 years of blissful history. Yes, I am living the dream.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3309 Posts

Melody
USA
3309 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  07:50:40 AM  Show Profile
I am LOVING these stories!!

Melody
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6771 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6771 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  09:58:05 AM  Show Profile
Oh I love all these stories! They are putting a big smile on my face! Love is amazing! Congratulations to all of you and your wedding anniversaries. I met the love of my life riding horses in a roping arena. At this time in my life I had just recently called of my engagement with a guy who's true colors started to show. So on the day before our "now cancelled wedding day" my good friend invited me out to ride horses with her and her family. Her husbands cousin was there helping out and it was love at first sight. The very next day ( the wedding day) he took me out on our first date! We have been inseparable since! We will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary this year. It's crazy how everything works out!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3309 Posts

Melody
USA
3309 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  10:01:49 AM  Show Profile
Aren't these little snippets of our own farm girl love stories amazing? Big smile on my face as well Krista!!

Melody
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  3:18:50 PM  Show Profile
I met my dh when he was my councelor at our church camp. 4 years later I saw him visiting my church. I invited him to the stage play " the diary of Anne Frank". I was a sophomore in high school. We dated until I was a sophomore in college. We were married during quarter break at the U of M. 5 years later we had the first of our two sons. We have been most happily married for 54 years!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

guineahen
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Andrea
Hawley Pa
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  3:52:06 PM  Show Profile
He was my Sunday school teacher. I did not want to get involved with anyone and everyone said he would never go for a woman with kids (I had five). 11.5 yrs later and I can honestly say it keeps getting better every day.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  07:26:08 AM  Show Profile
I met Lowell when I had enrolled in a telephone personals service. This was new and way more sophisticated than the personal ads. I liked his voice and his involvement in liberal politics. When he called me back, we learned that we lived just two blocks away from each other. We each walked one block and met for the first time on the street where we lived. He broke up with me and made up two times in the next six weeks. We parted ways for about a year. I dismissed it as another failed relationship and moved on to being a professional single. When he called me again, I told him he would have to start all over again. After 13 years, we still are figuring some things out and our relationship is strong.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2016 :  01:51:39 AM  Show Profile
I met my husband the summer that we were in 7th grade. One morning I looked out my bedroom window while in bed and my pjs on. My horse Dolly was sick. I could see the vet attending to her. Also the cutest boy was with his Dad helping. I jumped out of bed, combed my hair, put on a summer cotton dress and slammed the back door on my way out.
We looked at each other and said "Hi".
He ask me "Kid you got a ball?"
"Yes, I replied".
"Well, go get it".
So I did. We played catch in my back yard until his Dad was finished with Dolly.
We went to different elementary schools. So I didn't see him again until high school.
We became sweethearts when we were Juniors in high school. We married a few years
later. We have now been married 54 years.
We rode a lot of horses in our lifetime. As the years tumbled into old age we swapped our horses for a John Deere Gator. Much safer and slower.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2016 :  4:30:26 PM  Show Profile
We first met on the playground in his hometown where my grandmother also lived. He was ten and I was 8. I was on a swing. He said, hi. I said, I'm not supposed to talk to strangers. He was also my first date when I was 16 and staying at my grandmother's for the summer following graduation. We will be married 43 yrs in Oct.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jun 22 2016 11:40:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6479 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6479 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2016 :  8:54:06 PM  Show Profile
I too enjoy hearing everyone's love stories, just so sweet. Thank you Mel for asking and happy belated 25th. I wish you another 25th and so many more.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2016 :  10:55:41 AM  Show Profile
I just LOVE these stories! Boy, does this question bring back memories!!!

When I was 19, I shared an apartment with my dear friend, in an old schoolhouse. There was a guy who lived upstairs from us whom I'd never met, but I didn't think too highly of him. Early on Sunday mornings - and I mean before CHURCH early - he and a group of friends would meet up in our wide driveway on their motorcycles, rev their engines like no tomorrow, laugh and talk over the engines so loudly as if they were the only people in the world. It made me crabby. Yep. Me. Nini. "Miss Happy." Miss "lover of early mornings when I sing joyfully while making breakfast." CRABBY. This went on for weeks on end. They were "scary bikers" in my mind, though, so I sure as heck wasn't going out there to say anything!

One Saturday morning, my roommate and I got up and decided it was time to deep clean the apartment. Figuring I'd just shower after the big project was finished, I tossed on my college sweatshirt and a pair of old sweatpants. I wasn't worried about impressing anybody.. Melody and I meant business! We dusted every surface, tore up the sofa cushions to vacuum up every crumb, moved the furniture to clear out every dust bunny. We scrubbed the bathroom, we scrubbed the floors, we washed the knick-knacks, and as she went off to clean her bedroom, I tackled the oven. Let's just suffice it to say, we weren't looking - or smelling - too pretty by the afternoon.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. The only person I could think of whom it might be was our friend Liz, and I sure wasn't concerned about her seeing me all grimy and dirty, as I was. Much to my horror, I heard a young man's voice... and Melody was inviting him IN! EGHADS!!! WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?! I smoothed back my hair, wiped my face with my sleeve and walked in to the living room to find a greasy looking man on crutches hobbling to a chair. Melody introduced me to him - it was the guy who lived upstairs. I smiled and said, "Hi." I wanted to say more about his little Sunday broo-hah-hahs in the driveway, but I could see he was injured, so I kept to myself. He explained that he had been in a really bad motorcycle accident the night before, hit by a drunk driver. He needed a ride to the hospital, and asked if we would mind taking him. I had to work that evening, but he was actually kind of sweet, and he was hurt so badly, I decided to call off and go with them.

Unbeknownst to me, he thought I was kind of cute - dust, oven grime and all. He said - and I quote - he thought I had an "interesting butt." (Yeah, how FLATTERING. It wasn't until many years later that I found out he didn't mean it was weird or misshapen... He kind of liked it!) He was hooked.

On the way to the hospital - which was a couple of counties over, and to this day I am still unsure why we had to drive him to THAT particular hospital - he was pretty much in and out because of the painkillers they had given him. But there was something about him... a kindness... just something so good about him, that I was drawn to him.

After a few doctor's visits, knowing that he now had plenty of free time on his hands, unable to work, he hopped a plane and went home to PA to visit his family. Oh my gosh, I had never missed a person before so much in my life! He called one time to check in, but the connection was bad, so we didn't talk very long. He said he'd be home in a few days, that his brother was driving him back. For me, the wait felt like a year. The day before he was to return home, I baked him some goodies. That night, I placed a brown paper bag full of good things on the stairway to greet him when he got home. In the wee hours of the morning, I heard the car pull up, doors slam, the key in the lock and then a huge guffaw of laughter - he had gotten the package. I heard him open it and offer one to his brother. He was chewing and talking all the way up the stairs to his apartment.

The next day I had to work. At the time, while attending college, I was also an adjuster in a jewelry factory (literally testing to see if clasps worked on the necklaces - oh, what a job THAT was!), and all day the older "fish wives," as we affectionately called them, gave me all sorts of advice how to catch my fish. The number one piece of advice? Get to his heart through his stomach! They made me so nervous about going home, that when the shift bell rang at 3:30, I was shaking like a leaf. As I punched my ticket, I heard a bunch of them walking out the door and greeting someone with this "woo-woo" tone of voice. As I was coming out the door, there was Charlie, all cleaned up, clean shaven, wearing nice clothes, sporting his crutches and all, waiting to take me home. That's it, I was his - hook, line and sinker... fish caught!

On the way home he told me that it was in fact his father who had come back with him, rather than his brother. He rushed me up the stairs to his apartment, and there on the sofa was this very stern American-Lebanese man, smoking a pipe, looking very threatening and judgmental. He said he liked the brownies I baked, and wanted to know all about me and my plans for the future. I was more than intimidated, believe me. But as I got to know him, he was actually kind of sweet. Charlie told me later that I had won his Dad over the minute I walked through the door. His Dad had even said he thought we should get an apartment together. When we combined households, he was horrified - he had meant that since I had gone to school in the same county where Charlie worked, we could save money by moving into a place out there - he didn't mean to encourage us to break God's law!!! LOL! Well... that's okay... it all worked out in the end.

About two weeks later, Charlie took me over to meet his buddy's parents. His mother sat me down, grilled me as if she had been his own mother, then smiled and made me some tea. What was with all these scary people putting me to the test? Everyone always liked me, I thought... This was making me so uncomfortable. A couple of years later when we were engaged, she confided in me that the night after he met me, Charlie told her he had met the girl he was going to marry. Apparently he had told his father the same thing. She felt that since his mother lived so far away, it was her job to find out if I was worthy, and, much to her satisfaction I was.
All I could thing was: my goodness - the night after he met me? LOL!

Not too much longer after I met him, my husband gave up the motorcycle for various reasons. He cleaned up his act, stopped drinking, started making a good life for us both. We were married three years later, and my roommate and best friend, Melody, was our Maid of Honor. Happy endings, indeed!

A our wedding, the song we danced to for the groom's choice newlywed dance was "I Love You" by The Climax Blues Band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObG48PZHU2k To this day it still brings tears to my eyes...

When I was younger man I hadn't a care
Foolin' around, hitting the town, growing my hair

You came along and stole my heart when you entered my life
Ooh babe you got what it takes so I made you my wife

Since then I never looked back
It's almost like living a dream
And ooh I love you

You came along from far away and found me here
I was playin' around, feeling down, hittin' the beer

You picked me up from off the floor and gave me a smile
You said you're much too young,
your life ain't begun, let's walk for awhile

And as my head was spinnin' 'round
I gazed into your eyes
And thought ooh I want you

Thank you babe for being a friend
And shinin' your light in my life
'cause ooh I need you

As my head was comin' round
I gazed into your eyes
And thought ooh I want you

Thanks again for being my friend
And straightenin' out my life
'cause ooh I need you

Since then I never looked back
It's almost like livin' a dream
Ooh I got you

If ever a man had it all
It would have to be me
And ooh I love you

Now, I ask you, if that isn't love, then what is? :) We will be married 28 years this coming September!

Thanks for letting me share... It did my heart a world of good to reminisce with you girls today!

Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jun 22 2016 11:06:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2016 :  12:56:26 PM  Show Profile
On Yahoo personals! YES! FOR REAL! I was looking for my (a) bf/husband material. So, when Yahoo personals were free, I posted one. I put in that who ever answered must be gainfully employed, not into the drug/alcohol scene, have running, legal vehicle, no criminal history. Well, hubby answered and here's the real kicker. In order to get to my grandparents when I was little, we would travel past a particular road. Once in a while, I would ask my dad what was down that road. He would reply, oh the bombing range (from WWII) or radar base. Well little did I know that the road forked and that my destiny grew up at the END OF THE ROAD quite literally. But, it was the other end of the road and not the one that my dad spoke about! It's quite interesting what the Lord has in store for us and you never know where you'll find it!

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13586 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13586 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2016 :  09:46:27 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Met my hubby at Arizona Bible College in Phoenix, Arizona. We were both sophomores, but I had transferred from another Bible College where I had attended as a freshman. Bill and I had our first date at the Arizona State Fair, after which we decided we needed to keep a good thing going. Bill borrowed his roommate's Honda 90 and we went on a lot of our dates on that motorbike, but I did have a little Datsun sedan too. Bill didn't have his own vehicle.
In February 1968 we announced our engagement at the college Sweetheart Banquet, after we had gotten permission from the Dean of Students. Back in those days things were different. We were married on December 28, 1968 in my home town of Cortez, Colorado at my home church, First Baptist Church of Cortez.
We have two adult children, a daughter, Robin and a son, Jeremy.

We've been through MANY, MANY difficult times but have managed to weather it all and keep on going! Our 48th anniversary coming up!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Jun 23 2016 09:50:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2216 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2216 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  7:46:05 PM  Show Profile
I met my husband when we were in the Air Force. I was in training at Goodfellow AFB near San Angelo TX, and went on a date with a Security Police guy. He introduced me to some of the guys in his dormatory, one of which was my future husband, Jeff. Jeff's best friend encouraged him to ask me out. I didn't remember Jeff, but I went out with him anyway, and kept on seeing him. When my training was done, I was assigned to Augsburg Germany. Jeff proposed before I left in the winter of 1981, I flew to Florida for our wedding in June 1982, and by September he was able to join me in Germany. We have one son and 2 daughters. No grandkids yet.
I echo the comments of many of you on commitment. After all the happiness, sadness, moving, changes, and day to day stuff, we've stuck together. I've never been one to give up easily.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2216 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2216 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  7:48:42 PM  Show Profile

Married in my mother's wedding dress.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  9:56:20 PM  Show Profile
Great stories! I met my husband in a bar. Really. He's 12 years younger than I am and that's perfect! we have four kids total, my three and one between us. we've been together 29 years and married 27. They said it would never last :-)

"Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other art follows. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."

Daniel Webster

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9269 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9269 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2016 :  08:10:29 AM  Show Profile
Met my dh through a mutual friend. Dated 6 months and got married. 34 years, three kids and six grandchildren and still committed as ever.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Brenda Fouty
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Brenda
Robinson Illinois
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2016 :  08:47:26 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE these! I met my late husband when we were both in 5th grade. He played basketball at a small country school in our county, and we won the 5th grade pennant at our school, so they were invited to play us. I was a cheerleader for our team. He was cocky, I was mouthy, and it was hate at first sight! The country schools combined with our schools in the town seat in 7th grade, and when I next set eyes on him, he had put out his family's crops for the summer, as his dad was ill, and baled hay for his neighbors...tan, white T-shirt with the sleeves rolled up, crew cut. He looked my way, and it was all over but the shoutin'! We were both 16 when we married, and we had 44 years together. <3 It's been said that everyone has a story, and I believe it!

Brenda Fouty
#7025 FGOTM, July 2016
brendalfouty@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3309 Posts

Melody
USA
3309 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2016 :  09:48:36 AM  Show Profile
I love your story Brenda especially your remark: "and it was alal over but the shoutin!"

Melody
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Where did you meet the love of your life? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page