Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Facing the hard stuff but staying positive
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Facing the hard stuff but staying positive Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  08:07:45 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Heads up--I may say something harsh here but I am using the words that someone sent to me...so please take it for the context that it is..

Part of the discovering myself part is realizing that I am not willing to put up with anything that I don't agree with anymore. This came into focus just 2 weeks ago, when someone I used to work with messaged me. I thought OH haven't heard from her in a while..well let's just say this..my hubby is a LEO, for 3 years now, and I am very proud of him. To keep it simple, I will always support ANYONE who puts on a uniform to protect me. Period. Yes, there are examples that even I would agree are not positive, but that can be found in all walks of life. She messaged me some pretty...mean spirited, rude, attacking stuff...calling me a racist and a bigot and add 100+ other words...attacking my family, my hubby, the things I post on MY personal FB page...Honestly..I was so hurt and floored by it..I think stunned is a good word, that I just stayed off FB for 2 weeks. I hugged my family closer and spent a lot of time soul searching.

We have all faced the hard stuff in life. I had to reassess was I really this person she described..NO!! The fact I even gave it any energy boggles my mind still. So I had decided to turn her negative energy into something positive. I will still go out and help as many people as I can, I will still rescue animals and bake pies and goodies for the local first responders, I will stay pray for my enemies, even now more so, I down right refuse to let them ever make me question myself again. I asked her one question, that she still hasn't not answered, what are you doing to change your own community?

I even invited her to a local ceremony and she refused. Well, if you can't take the first step, don't blame everyone else. Just my thoughts I had to get out today.

NAGarcia
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Natalie
Gresham OR
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  10:36:49 AM  Show Profile
Excellent thoughts. It can't be easy to be a LEO family, in any way. Turning that highly negative attack into something positive is the best result. Well, with a secondary result of not talking to that person anymore.

Natalie

Farmgirl Sister #7004 May 2016
^*^ We are the weirdos, mister. ^*^
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  12:02:24 PM  Show Profile
Not to distract from the points you were making (which were all valid and very apropos of all the yuck that's going on in the press right now) but silly me -- I started to read your post and thought "What does her husband being a Leo have to do with it? Yes, men born in the late summertime can be really bossy and sure of themselves, but I don't get the connection." Sigh. My brain isn't hooked up right! ha ha ha

After realizing that those were all caps and he is in law enforcement ---- (Duh!) let me just say a huge THANK YOU to not only your husband and the men and women with whom he serves, but to you and all the other spouses who kiss them goodbye every day and wait for them to come home at the end of their shift. I agree -- there are bad apples in just about every barrel -- but I am grateful that there are people who choose to protect us from the uglier elements of society at the risk of their own lives.

As for your acquaintance -- sometimes we have to shake the dust of a town off our feet and head on down the road.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  12:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Marilyn..you have me rolling!!! LOL

Yes, it's been trying but I am trying to be positive and raise the good in this world!!!

Thank y'all. :)

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13573 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13573 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  12:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I, too, at first thought the same things as Marilyn did. So, Marilyn, you're not alone . . :D :D

Heather,
Give your hubby my gratitude! I will be praying for you and your hubby as you do move upward and onward!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  1:11:29 PM  Show Profile
Heather! Thank your husband for his service. I love how you turned this around for the better. Good for you!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  6:37:45 PM  Show Profile
Heather...I feel so sorry for the ignorance of your friend and others that think like that.
Please thank your husband for his Service! There are those who appreciate the Job they do.
And yes, there are bad apples in every People Group but that doesn't mean we can lash out at
ALL and group them as ALL BAD or ALL Good. All Lives Matter!

God Bless You and your entire Family!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  9:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Don't let the turkeys get you down! You are a good person and the attack was just plain evil! God bless all police officers who have to deal with bad people! Keep up the good work. Both of you.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2016 :  08:04:52 AM  Show Profile
Heather, there is so much ugliness and injustice in the world right now, but you and your husband are making a positive difference, and I admire both of you tremendously for the good light you are shining in the darkness. Like Bonnie said, don't let the turkeys get you down. People often project their own shortcomings, experiences and observations on others because it is too difficult to face and deal with what is going on in their own hearts or things that they cannot change. What this woman did to you was absolutely wrong. I'm sorry that you fretted over any of this, but I completely understand. A good person wants to do what is right and what is best, so of course you are going to do some self-examination when attacked as you were. The great thing is that when you did, you received affirmation of what you and your husband do to care for and protect others. Thanks to both of you for your commitment to making this world a better place. So many people could learn so much from your example! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2016 :  08:54:54 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks all. I am using this negative energy and doing something positive. I feel like I am an extension of my hubby's job. I have an opportunity to put it in a positive light. A few of the other LEO families are getting together to do some community outreach. We feel by having families there to lead the way, people might be a little less hesitant to approach the police. We will have police on hand for their expertise but we want to show them we are all humans, with families, faults, smiles, hugs and mostly, love for everyone.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Facing the hard stuff but staying positive Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page