Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Emboidery machine advise please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Emboidery machine advise please Next Topic  

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1415 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1415 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2016 :  1:06:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi! My daughter is asking for a embroidery machine. I saw the brothers PE540E came with pre-loaded Disney designs. I found it new for 400.00. My concern is she can't sell anything with Disney. Or can she ? What can anyone tell me about this machine ? Can anyone suggest a beginner machine? Thanks Y'all !!!

Farmgirl sister#4072

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2016 :  07:43:39 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I started out with a brother machine from walmart. Only does small designs but easy to do, and learn.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17040 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17040 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2016 :  3:49:01 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie,,, like Linda, I to have a Brother PES machine,,,
It is fairly easy to use for a beginner,, and at a decent price in case your daughter finds she doesn't enjoy machine embroidery...
As you will see,,, there are machines that run the gamut in price from right at $400 all the way up to the price of a small economy car!!! ($15.000.00)
I would suggest your daughter start off with a beginner machine like one from Brother or look for a decent and affordable USED machine.(someone might be selling to be able to upgrade to a bigger machine).. then if your daughter feels comfortable with machine embroidery, she can always move up to a better machine...

Both of mine only do 4x4 images,,, and buying and down loading images off the interenet is fairly easy. (from free to just a few dollars per image)
Brother's also has a 5x7 machine in the beginner range..(check out Walmart).

As for selling items with images,, I don't know about copy righted images,like Disney... but I do know the copy right emblem is on their designs (C)...
I bought an image of Goofey to use on a pillow case for a gift... the little (C) was stitched at the bottom of the image...
so I don't know the legalities of selling a copy righted image. That being said,,, Brother has an embroidery image web site (where I bought the Goofey image) you could check and see what it says about selling things w/their images...
' ibroidery ' is the name of the site...

Also,, and not to discourage your daughter,, but some images can take well over 15 colors of machine embroidery thread, and at an average of $2.50 per spool a design could cost well over $40 just for the threads... but if you buy 2-3 spools every week and build up your thread supply then it isn't so bad.

I have seen gals get very discourage when trying to sell their work based on the cost of the image and threads,,, and then no one buying... people forget how much we have invested in our projects....

But if your daughter likes to machine embroidery for fun,,, I think she will enjoy it.

hugz

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jul 31 2016 3:58:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17040 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17040 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2016 :  4:13:17 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie,, I am sending you the 'legal' description you asked about,, simply said,, no, can't sell... for personal (or gift) use only.
I'll send the info to you via MJF-email...
Hope it helps.
>^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1415 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1415 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2016 :  4:25:22 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much. That is so sweet

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2016 :  4:22:25 PM  Show Profile
I am looking for an embroidery machine and am leaning toward a brother. We have a distributor about an hour away. I'm hoping to get over there and check them out. Let you know if I find out anything interesting.

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  4:06:18 PM  Show Profile
I have had a viking, brother and bernina. I love the brother so much better than the others. I sold the others. I would suggest to get one at least with a 5x7 inch hoop size. the 4x4 is kinda of the older ones and more designs are now being made with the size of 5x7. Yes the thread is a little much but once you get some it lasts quite a long time. Each spool holds way more than you are going to use in just one design so it will last you for lots of designs. also if you ever buy the software for the brother it is much more user-friendly than the other ones, I feel. I would get one from a dealer just because you have back- up for showing you how to use the machine and servicing! you get free lessons from a dealer. it may cost a bit more but you get more too. She will love having the machine. I have had one for about 20 years and have always loved having one. I would get one that only does embroidery cause I have the kind that is either a sewing machine or an embroidery and you have to do different things to do either. I wish I had one that just did embroidery and one sewing machine for sewing.

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  02:25:58 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info, Beverly. I'm planning on driving over to the Brother shop today and check them out. Let you know how it goes!

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Emboidery machine advise please Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page