Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 What does you chapter do?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic What does you chapter do? Next Topic  

sassystyle
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Audra
Aumsville Oregon
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2016 :  4:03:32 PM  Show Profile
I can't seem to find a chapter near me, so I'm thinking about starting one. Can you share what your chapters do? I'd love some ideas and is it terribly hard to get one going? How often do you meet? Any tips or tricks?

Audra Marie ~ sometimes quirky, sometimes serious, always real
Farmgirl Sister #7132

GoatieGirl
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Melody
Cochranton Pa
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2016 :  4:28:34 PM  Show Profile
We have recently started a chapter in Northwestern Pennsylvania. We Meet once monthly on tuesday nights for 2 hours. Its a fun girls night out. We try to learn a new skill together that we can use to earn a new badge. We've made freezer jam, embroidery samplers and homemade cards together. We also like looking through old Mary Jane's Farm magazines together and discussing our latest projects.

Sister #6700
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Saanichton British Columbia
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2016 :  11:02:53 AM  Show Profile
I'm trying to do the same thing here on Southern Vancouver Island. Thanks for the suggestions. I've used Meetups to find people. I'm hoping to have an initial meeting next week, to see what kind of interest there is and what people would like to do at meetings.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748
Go to Top of Page

sassystyle
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Audra
Aumsville Oregon
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2016 :  11:35:27 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the ideas! This is what I was leaning towards, so it helps to hear about it in action.

Meetups sounds like a good idea for finding people. :)

Farmgirl Sister #7132
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2016 :  02:32:54 AM  Show Profile
I hen a chapter in NY. We meet once a month on a Saturday. We usually have some kind of craft project and share a pot luck lunch. Next month we are making crushed velvet scarves using irons and rubber stamps. We have learned to knit, have woven items. Last month we decorated empty jars with a fall theme. We do swaps twice a year. This year we have had a secret hen program going on - think secret sisters but with a MJF twist. We do sometimes work on charity items. In December we are making/buying items to fill stockings for our local women's shelter. We have no dues, but do charge a minimal fee if there is a costly project. Hope this helps.

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2016 :  09:41:13 AM  Show Profile
Audra, Great ideas! I've been toying with the idea of starting a chapter in upstate NY. Do let us know how your meeting turned out.

Tamara, wish I lived closer! You are 300 miles south of me. I did drive through on Friday. We went to Geneseo to visit my Daughter at university.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

sassystyle
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Audra
Aumsville Oregon
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  12:55:26 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the ideas! :)

Farmgirl Sister #7132
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic What does you chapter do? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page