Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 PORTIA'S April Card Swap/ Closed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic PORTIA'S April Card Swap/ Closed Next Topic
Page: of 4

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2017 :  3:10:12 PM  Show Profile
Nora, I am so glad I saw the photo above. When We took your card out of the envelope, I did not realize something was missing. Today I am glad I don't throw envelopes away too soon, because after seeing the photo I found my precious little chick, safe and sound in his nest envelope.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4333 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4333 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2017 :  3:57:53 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Linda! :)

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4913 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4913 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2017 :  10:16:21 AM  Show Profile
Amen Marilyn!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4913 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4913 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2017 :  12:36:35 PM  Show Profile
Dianna ! Oh I love Izzy!! I love that have a picture of her since I can't have a real duck. I know a real one!!

Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4333 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4333 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2017 :  5:49:08 PM  Show Profile
chuckle...Connie! Izzy is such a -people lover but especially of me since I was her 'mama' for so long! It amazes me how chickens, ducks and other 'farm' critters can develop such people like personalities and be so loving! I wouldn't have thought that at a much younger age! I LOVED it when she ran with me! SO DARN ADORABLE!!!! Thanks Connie and I am so happy she made you smile!
Hugs,

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4913 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4913 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2017 :  1:42:17 PM  Show Profile
Mary, I got your Beautiful Easter card today! Thank you! I just love all my cards! Spring is here I think! because I have a purple Iris blooming and my neighbor's Dogwood is Blooming!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4913 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4913 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2017 :  1:44:14 PM  Show Profile
Dianna, Izzy!! that is so sweet!! We love Animals! I think they are instinctive to people who are kind to them!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2017 :  5:20:22 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Mary for your sweet bunny and carrots card. Loved how you colored it too.
Having so much fun opening the envelopes and seeing what creativity pops out!

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4333 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4333 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  5:50:51 PM  Show Profile
Couldn't agree with you more Connie!!!
Mary!!! That is the cutest and sweetest bunny card!!!! Just love it!! Thank you!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  03:42:31 AM  Show Profile
Love Izxy Duck!! Sooo Cute!!! What breed of duck is her?????

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  03:51:34 AM  Show Profile
These Spring cards with eggs, bunnies and chickies are Wonderful!! So very creative. I'm bringing all of them to my crafting weekend to share with my friends.
We get together once a quarter at a local church to work on projects from cards, scrapbooking, crafting, quilting, whatever.

The little country church opens its activity hall to us for $45 total both days.. and feed us really well! Plus all proceeds goes to a special project like summer camp for kids or Operation Christmas. It's a great way for friends to get together for good causes.

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4333 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4333 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  05:48:18 AM  Show Profile
She's a Pekin Mary. They are so personable! I think your crafting gather sounds WONDERFUL! I would really enjoy going to that! Great cause also!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  05:57:28 AM  Show Profile
It is fun to share these special cards. I take mine to show the kids at school. Tomorrow we will make eggs to hang on a twig tree. They made Valentine cards for three weeks. I cut out hearts from construction paper, card stock, glittery foam, and scrap book paper. They loved the Washi tape and other little extras.
We have made cards all year for various reasons. It warmed my heart at Christmas that one little girl made cards for her classmates. Simple crayon and construction paper, but she has the idea...sharing some of herself with others.

TexasGran

Edited by - TexasGran on Apr 05 2017 06:01:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4333 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4333 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  06:33:49 AM  Show Profile
Awww....love that Marilyn! I wish Sara was still younger. They don't allow parents to come in and help or do art with the kids once they get in 6th grade. Bums me out!Have fun!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  06:46:03 AM  Show Profile
That is no fun Dianna. I remember when my son was 16. It was May, we had a faculty meeting. I asked if I could teach an art class to the Senior class the next year,my son's class. My reasoning was that they had taken most of their required work, were going to get bored, and possibly be a problem. NO!
I was elementary, no could do. I did not understand...I did annual staff, was the cheer sponsor, helped with 4-H, and drove a bus...
In our little K-12 school, I could work with the big kids, but not teach them art.
Then when Baylee was a first grader, I visited her class. Oh my! I offered to help two afternoons each week. The teacher said yes and one afternoon I helped with reading and the other afternoon we did an art project. The teacher could have some individual time with kids who needed help. It worked out well.
Sometimes I wish they had left kids with one teacher through sixth grade, but I also understand in a way...why they changed.

TexasGran

Edited by - TexasGran on Apr 05 2017 06:55:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4333 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4333 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  11:44:54 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like here Marilyn! It is a k-12 small school also and there is no problem working with the younger classes, k -3rd maybe into fourth. Why they don't want to continue with art into the upper grades is beyond me. You can be the principal's WIFE and still no art instruction. I feel like they need that 'expressive outlet'. I have Sara in an art class at All About Art in town. She is with her age group and it can go all through school into the summer with summer camps. So she STILL can get her 'art' on but how I miss the teaching and being around those amazing young minds!! :(

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  1:21:06 PM  Show Profile
Are you going to teach again one day? I love sub work in little schools. After two years in private pre school situations, with sweet little kids, I need a break, not from the kids...but the teachers, and their personalities and jealousy. Next year I have been invited to sub again. I am thinking that sounds pretty good.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2017 :  4:10:28 PM  Show Profile
Denise, thank you for the sweet chick and Easter egg card. Love the gold cross stamp
inside and the "Risen" one too.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4913 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4913 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2017 :  7:25:37 PM  Show Profile
Denise I loved your card. I got reload my batteries, then I will post a picture.

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4913 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4913 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2017 :  7:31:22 PM  Show Profile
Mary! I love your crafting gathering!! Sounds like so much fun!!
I miss school!! I was one of the room mothers for my Holly's class 1-6 grade! I am so hoping to share in some of Lily June's school activities once she starts to school!

Art and Music should be taught from K-12!!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2017 :  03:01:16 AM  Show Profile
Ah Dianna and Maruilyn.. Art class is good. I guess they would have turned down Monet or DeVinci too! So sad. I subbed years ago in a middle school in an art class filled with boys. I wished I was able to draw Cool Cars, but alas... not my thing. Seems they all had a semester of shop and the Principal put them in Art the second semester. Not there thing...
Home Ec would have been better.. .. Got Cookies? My youngest took an auto shop class in high school and second semester home ec. When they'd bake cookies, he'd get permission from the teacher to bring some to his 85 yr old. grandpa's a 1/2 mile down the road. A Win-Win!!!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9251 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9251 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2017 :  04:40:53 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,
just popping in quick to thank you all for such beautiful Springtime/Easter cards! Your creativity is awesome!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2017 :  07:03:04 AM  Show Profile
When I was a seventh grader we had a semester of shop, I was one of three girls in the class. The boys were making those kidney shaped coffee tables, some from exotic woods . I made a kitchen shelf for my mother. Next semester was a craft class. Wow. Leather tooling, copper rubbing,ceramics,lacing,weaving, etc. Looking back I know we were blessed. The buildings of our school were old. But the treasures(including the patient teachers) in those two classes were so awesome.

TexasGran

Edited by - TexasGran on Apr 08 2017 07:05:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2017 :  07:35:10 AM  Show Profile
Sounds great,,MRilyn

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4333 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4333 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2017 :  08:21:03 AM  Show Profile
Oh no Marilyn...no more teaching for me. Not even as substitute! No time anymore! I have more than plenty here on our homestead to keep me busy plus raising Sara! I'm happy I don't have to deal with all the pettiness anymore. :)

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic PORTIA'S April Card Swap/ Closed Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page