sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  08:42:59 AM  Show Profile
Years ago, I had the privilege of working at the Fort Bridger State Historic Site. The employees there have many interesting stories to tell, including some great ghost stories. It has always been my goal to compile those stories into a book to be sold at the museum. This year, one of my goals is to do more writing. I have started on this project.

I have written a story about a very familiar ghost to the staff at Fort Bridger. It's a really cool story and I think that everyone will really enjoy it. (If you like ghost stories, that is.) I put it on my blog, because it is kinda long and will take up a lot of space on the forum.

To read about "Mac" and the LOQ Door, go to http://annapearlsattic.blogspot.com/2017/03/he-didnt-want-her-to-go-ghost-story.html

If you have had any ghostly experiences in your lifetime or have heard any good ghost stories around your town or area, share them here. Paranormal is fun!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  09:00:12 AM  Show Profile
You are a wonderful story teller Sherone, you have captured a piece of history beautifully.

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  10:01:19 AM  Show Profile
I live in a haunted house. People have seen a small child in a white gown, an old man sitting in the rocker in the living room. I, myself, have not SEEN anything, however, I have had two interactions. One night I had pulled the sheets off the bed and left it until bedtime to make. At the time, we had two remotes one for the TV and one for the sound. I turned everytbing off and went back to make the bed. I heard a woman's voice. I thought I had missed turning off the sound. As I walked back to the TV room, I heard the voice again upstairs. It took me by surprise, so I don't know what she said.

The second one was on the Saturday after Thanksgiving about 7 years ago. Josh's girlfriend's daughter Savannah had been going up and down the basement stairs with me all day. We had had our dinner and I was cleaning up and putting things back in their place until the next year. I had the chaffing dish box in my hand. As I started down the basement steps, a light appeared behind me like the door had opened. I turned to take Savannah's hand and the door was closed and no one was there. As I started back down the stairs a women asked "Where are you going?" I said "I'm putting this back on the shelf." And it was over.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2017 :  11:21:47 PM  Show Profile
My BFF and I have always been interested in haunted places since we were kids. I think we have visited 5 different places in So. Cal. but the one that stands out the most is the Whaley House in old town San Diego.

We went there in Sept. A few years ago. It was hot so most people were at the beach. We entered the house and were free to wonder on our own. Most of the rooms are roped off so we could only look inside from the doorways. There were only a couple of other people in the house. We went up stairs and had viewed most of the rooms. We came to this one bedroom that I believe belong to the daughter who had killed herself after a divorce. We were gazing in the room. Neither one speaking when we noticed on the upper left side of the bed was an impression of someone sitting. Then the impression smoothed out like someone was smoothing it out. My BFF asked me if I saw what she saw and we both left quickly and went down to the. Catholic church to pray. I am not Catholic but at that moment any church was good enough for us.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  1:16:01 PM  Show Profile
I live in Connecticut, in one of the most historically haunted towns. I have also met the Warrens before. Demons scare me, I don't like those kinds of stories, but I like a good ghost story. Lenora, what a great one you told!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  4:29:37 PM  Show Profile
I was in my early 20's (1973) and my husband and I were in a new apartment building on the border of South Pasadena and Highland Park in California. Hubby worked late at United Parcel and would come home near midnight for his dinner. One night I had prepared dinner and was doing the dishes while waiting for my hubby in our tiny apartment kitchen. There was a cut-out style look through that opened up to the living room. We had our couch against this wall. I suddenly felt eyes on me as I was washing the dishes and glanced up to see a young boy with his head resting on his arms spread out on the counter and he was just the size to be standing on our couch facing toward the cutout look through at me in the kitchen. I jumped and was startled but courageously said, "Oh you startled me!" The little boy then got down and walked around the corner into the kitchen(5 steps in distance)and was standing three feet from me. He was wearing old fashioned period clothing of cropped brown pantaloons, a ruffled shirt and these amazing boots. His hair was cut sort of in the Dutch Paint boy style. I said to him, "Well, you can be here if you have to be here, but do not scare me or startle me again." He then faded into thin air. A couple of days later I was cleaning the apartment on a bright sunny afternoon and had our front door open. A small little terrier type dog came into my living room. I heard people outside on our balcony (we had a second level apartment) so I asked them if it was their dog. They said no. I turned and saw it go into our bedroom and just as it was walking through the doorway to the bedroom it vanished. No, I wasn't tired. No, not on drugs or alcohol. No brain tumor! even got down to look under the bed and all around. I had closed the apartment door so it wouldn't run out. Anyway, there is a rich historical history to the Arroyo Seco area of this area. I will never forget the detail of the clothing. Clearly well dressed and expensive clothes with fancy embellishments and buttons. Very cute European faced boy maybe 4 to 5 years old (think Titanic). The new apartment building was built next to a large park and near the bridge and a river. More than likely it was once part of a homestead of sorts back in the day and the ghost of these early settlers were still wandering around.

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  12:00:03 AM  Show Profile
Another story that was told to me by one of our longtime colleagues took place in Fall River, MA. This man has grown up in Fall River and still lives there today in his 70's. His mother remained in the home he was raised in after the passing of his father and it has been their home for many decades. His mother passed away living a long life and she was dedicated to the home, family and community. Our colleague friend found it difficult to sell the home he grew up in but he did sell it. The man that bought it loved it and was glad it had been a loving home for so long. One day the purchaser was hastily going to the staircase on the second floor and he tripped on the rug and as he started to fly in the air toward the steep stairs going down a woman reached out and grabbed his arm slowing him enough to catch the banister and steady himself before a very bad fall. He looked up and saw an elderly woman in a house dress and noticed her features and hairdo. He knew she had intervened on his behalf. He called our colleague friend and told him what happened and described the woman. Indeed it was the exact description of our colleagues mother who had passed away. Our colleague friend to this day thinks his mom may be "hanging out" at the family house still. He normally is private about his personal life, but this impacted him so much he had to share the story with us on a road trip we took together on business. The new owner of the property is glad he has such a kindred soul to keep an eye out for his well being, but he did remove the rug at the top of the staircase.
Take care now sisters. Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  06:32:09 AM  Show Profile
these stories are awesome!!! I am loving them. Keep 'em coming!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1615 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1615 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2017 :  08:56:46 AM  Show Profile
Back in the year of 1960 my parents bought a home that was 75 years old in Westchester N.Y. At this time I was 12 years old. The house was three stories. On the third floor was an alcove that I would sit down in and read my books about horses. Black Beauty was my favorite. Across from the alcove was a walk in attic. I was reading this day and by myself. The attic door opened up and out walked a man dressed in overalls had a cap on, like the ones that working men wore back in the late 1800's early 1900's. He startled me I wanted to scream but I stayed calm. He told me not to be scared and he told me his name was George. And how he was working in the room as a carpenter when some beams had fallen on him and died. George told me that I reminded him of his daughter and would watch over me and my brothers and sister. Told mom and dad and they said they were not surprised because of how old the house is and the location of it.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."

Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2017 :  10:01:47 AM  Show Profile
Wow Laurie.... You have great parents. Mine would have carted me off to a shrink. Also cool George was looking out for you. :)

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1615 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1615 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2017 :  2:17:14 PM  Show Profile
Yes , my parents were cool. They both passed away 3 years ago. Every once in a while I can feel there presence. Cool.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."

Go to Top of Page

AutumnCountyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Kiersten
Suffolk Virginia
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2017 :  7:37:25 PM  Show Profile
I can't say I've ever actually seen a ghost but I do feel the presence of demons. Luckily, I have never actually interacted with one. I live in Suffolk, Virginia which is located a few miles from historic Jamestown. The five acres my parents own is the location of Nansemond Indian burial grounds and a good portion of the Revolutionary and Civil War was fought right there. Who knows what else happened there. There is a lot of history there. It's not so much the property that has demons but it's the property behind us. There is a 60 acre lake and lots of woods. When I walk towards the back of the property towards the lake, the hair on the back of my neck stands up and I get the urge to run back towards the house. I try to avoid that part of the property after dark. It just creeps me out. I'm fine with the front of the property though!

Kiersten, Farmgirl Sister #7232
https://autumncountrygirl93.wordpress.com/

Edited by - AutumnCountyGirl on Mar 23 2017 7:38:21 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Share Your Ghost Story Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page