Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  07:03:07 AM  Show Profile
I know it is really late for a challenge, and I plan to do this same challenge in April.

What is a hustle?
Anyway that you can add a dollar to your income that is not your normal income. Can be selling things on Ebay, Facebook, Craigslist. Holding a tag sale. Babysitting, pet sitting and on and on. Google side hustle and search it on Pinterest, tons of ideas.

The Challenge.......
To set yourself a goal for your side hustles. Then work to meet that goal. For March we only have 11 days left so we will really have to HUSTLE, lol! Or you can think of it as practice for April.

You can use your earnings to pay debt, add to savings or buy the item you have really wanted but just couldn't justify the spend. That is totally up to you.

Also please post ideas and ways you might try to earn the hustle. These might spark a fire with someone else.

Please check in as you like for inspiration and motivation and to help motivate other hustlers ;)

For the rest of March I hope to earn $50 with the hustle.
My big draw for doing a hustle is to downsize my stuff and to add more money to the mason jar :)

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Put your lipstick on & be Happy!
http://stitchthrifty.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Bridge on May 02 2017 11:34:51 AM

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  12:29:20 PM  Show Profile
Bridge, I love this. I have actually been working on this myself. I have been wanting to buy my son a slide and water table for outside so I decided I would try and make some extra money on the side to pay for them. So far I sold some crochet items, but I haven't set a monthly goal. My goal is the price of his toys. Maybe breaking it down will help.
I plan to try and sell some more crochet items and sell a few things I no longer need or use to help get there. Other ideas would be helpful as well. Thanks for being a motivation for me!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  07:29:01 AM  Show Profile
++ $$38 dollars on selling stuff on a Facebook Cross Stitch page. I have around $20 pending payment.

But....boy selling and managing the sales is work. LOL But I keep telling myself less stuff more$$$!!

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  08:00:30 AM  Show Profile
I love this!!! My March hustle will be to sell at least one towel from my etsy shop. I will pick up my social media marketing, work the family angle, and introduce a new towel to the line. Great idea, Bridgette! Let's do this every month!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  12:31:18 PM  Show Profile
Bridge, what sort of Facebook pages are you using? I would be interested in something like that for crocheting.
Good luck Sherone!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  2:35:39 PM  Show Profile
I use one called stash unload. I bet their are groups for crochet too. Not sure this link will come over right if not search crochet sell on Facebook and then look at groups.

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/crochet%2Bselll/keywords_pages?see_more_ref=eyJzaWQiOiIwLjYyNzI0MzQ0NTMwMjM0MTEiLCJyZWYiOiJzZWVfbW9yZSJ9
I usually use Paypal for all the sales.

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  2:36:31 PM  Show Profile
The trick is to NOT shop while listing and that is very hard to do! I have only made one pattern purchase, LOL! So I am still way ahead.

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2017 :  04:16:43 AM  Show Profile
I want to buy a new sewing machine, so I have been saving a little here and there, but having a plan is helpful. My daughter's neighborhood has a garage sale in June so I have some things to sell with them but that is in the future. Will have to think about April and what I can get rid of....

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2017 :  11:02:51 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday's Hustle ended up being 63.05, that was after I took paypal fees, and SH costs out!! So yay!! I met my March Hustle.
I am working on cleaning out some more cupboards and the craft area today, so more goodies to re-home for the hustle.
I also added in my receipts to Receipt Pal App to get points towards a Amazon card. Money is money, right??
http://www.receiptpalapp.com/
I also use the Walmart Savings Catcher App.
I also entered the sweeps on the receipts, even though I have NEVER heard of anyone winning them.

What are you doing to help the Hustle today??

Sherone, WTG on setting a Etsy goal!
Denise, A Yard Sale is a great way to Hustle. I am debating on one. In the area I live they don't do really well. So I usually do better selling the best online and then donating the rest. But I am debating trying, can't really hurt. I need to see if I can get some tables or plywood to make tables.
Krista, Did you get a chance to look for crochet groups?

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277

Edited by - Bridge on Mar 22 2017 11:06:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2017 :  2:44:55 PM  Show Profile
Not yet. I will look today. Your link didn't work so I will do some searching. I am currently working on 2 crochet orders. One is due by Easter the second is due by Mother's Day. I also have one other order completed that is awaiting pickup. So my goals will be for April!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2017 :  11:08:29 AM  Show Profile
Sold our extra toaster over the weekend! Also my order due for Easter has been cancelled. So I will need to find another way to make some extra cash for April.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2017 :  1:46:50 PM  Show Profile
Krista, way to go on the toaster. Sorry about the cancelled order.

My April goal is $200 dollars. My plans are to sell a old laptop that we don't use. Some miscellaneous kitchen stuff and more craft supplies.

I was very motivated but my motivation is withering... need to get it back I want to reduce my "stuff".

I have a dream to move to a smaller house in the country. I currently live in about 950 sq feet, but we have a dry basement that is 950 sq feet of space for stuff to accumulate.

I also am going to not go to the thrift store this month at all!!!!!! Hold me to that please. I need nothing so no need to browse and bring home stuff.

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  06:24:09 AM  Show Profile
OK, my April goal is to make and post at least one new towel for my Etsy shop. Also, I will sell at least one towel form the etsy shop.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  12:14:42 PM  Show Profile
Wow Bridge. That's a big goal! I hope you get it! I'm thinking of making a goal of $40. Starting out smaller will be best. I have 3 prom dresses that I am hoping to sell. It's really hard since they are so size specific. We will see. I will also finish my other order that is due for May. I will also make a goal to get another order lined up.

I will hold you to your promise, Bridge.

Good luck, Sherone. I hope you can sell more than one!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  10:21:44 AM  Show Profile
Krista,
You might check the Facebook selling groups for the prom dresses.
I know they are a popular place to buy and sell dresses where I live.

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  11:01:05 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Bridge. I currently have them listed on a prom dress Facebook page and a local selling site. Still no hits but it still may be early. I have had them listed for about 2 years now and was only able to sell 2 last October. I originally had 5.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  12:32:46 PM  Show Profile
I took more hours on my second job. Yes. I made enough money to buy wood to make things to sell as part of my new business Red Porch Collections

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2017 :  11:20:00 AM  Show Profile
Way to go, Ruthie! What sorts of things do you make?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2017 :  2:41:20 PM  Show Profile
Up here in the mountain area we have a fb site call "mountain swap" (coarsegold mountain swap)... it's sort of like a mountain version of craigslist... it has been a great way to get ride of stuff.... and pocket a few dollars...

Be sure to check your local areas for 'swap pages' in your area...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2017 :  04:17:16 AM  Show Profile
I was able to go through one of the boxes I have had sitting in my closet since I moved. Full of quilting and sewing supplies. Kept some patterns that I thought were gone for good. Sorted quite a few things for the neighborhood sale in my daughters community in June, 2 more boxes to go! I have several other things I need to try to sell. I have 2 bags of books to take to half price books, even if I only get 5 dollars for them its better than staring at them taking up space.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2017 :  11:38:10 AM  Show Profile
I wish I had seen this group sooner, will this challenge continue on for May and June?

Jana

http://www.emhardt.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjcraftsstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2017 :  12:43:55 PM  Show Profile
I vote that it continues! I need the support and motivation to keep going. My mom is talking of doing a yard sale so I need to go through things soon. I'm hoping to get enough extra money by the end of the year to get a new couch.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  11:42:44 AM  Show Profile
You got it gals!! I updated the title to this one for May & June!

For April I didn't make my goal of $200, I made $109. But my month was quite crazy....mom was in the nursing home for rehab, I was trailing down houseboats to buy (no luck there so far) and I had the women's wilderness weekend.

Hopefully life will return back to normal programming soon...
For May & June I am setting a goal of $200 again. I still want and need to downsize a bunch of crafty stuff. I also have a motorcycle helmet I need to sell as I hate it.

So throw those GOALS out here!!!

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277

Edited by - Bridge on May 02 2017 11:43:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  1:08:25 PM  Show Profile
I'll set my goal for May to be $50. I didn't make my goal of $40 for April. I only did $15. It's better than nothing though. But I'll get it this time!

Way to go Bridge! You are good at this!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - May 05 2017 :  08:27:29 AM  Show Profile
Man times a flying.....it is 5 days in. I need to get busy and get some stuff listed to sell.

I made a list of items, but I need to get photos and create ads.
I also think I am going to sell the rest of my cross stitch magazines and charts in lots on ebay. The onezy-twozy sales take a lot of processing and shipping.

This weekend I will create at least 3 listings!!

What are you doing this week to get that hustle??

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - May 12 2017 :  11:43:40 AM  Show Profile
Sold a pair of crochet shoes and made a custom order pair of baby booties. Just waiting on them to be picked up. Now on to my next order!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Hustle Challenge - May & June Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page