Printer Friendly
Author Book Ideas: Previous Topic The giving heart of a farmgirl Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  07:04:38 AM  Show Profile
Stories and examples of how farmgirls can make a difference in the world. People follow by example, lets be a good one!!!!

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2017 :  4:56:24 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like a good idea.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2017 :  09:26:34 AM  Show Profile
Farmgirls show a sensitivity and appreciation of their families from the past. Countless posts have been dedicated to renovation old homesteads, continuing of heirloom flowers from their grandmothers or mothers, loving care and use of family quits, furniture, and, the continuation of favorite family recipes and canned goods. By keeping those memories alive, we honor our loved ones passed and give our current generations a sense of who and where they came from. I think it really matters that we are the archivists and caretakers of our family heritages!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2017 :  7:28:01 PM  Show Profile
Well said Winnie. How about a book we can write stories in to collect those memories. Soft cover, lace. Aprons, scratch and sniff ( eg, grandmas talcum powder). Places for pictures of people and heirlooms we can write in. A history scrapbook!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1744 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1744 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2017 :  12:55:38 PM  Show Profile
great explanation winnie. I guess I fit as I live on the farmstead my parents had for 50 plus years, I have my moms peony plants, I have saved many family quilts, and have a antique desk, antique three mirror dresser, my moms dresser, and my moms childhood rocker. My moms recipe books and cards. I was the keeper of the family pictures and sent many to relatives to whom they would appreciate. Love aprons and have a collection because it is my fondest memory of my grandma and mom and aunts.a book would be so fun . has anyone done a book.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2017 :  5:19:39 PM  Show Profile
When I first picked up a copy of MaryJanesFarm and read that Farmgirl is a matter of heart, I knew I had found something very important and personal to me. You see, I have always lived in a city suburb all of my life, but I love farms, log cabins, big gardens, and farm animals like cows and chickens and horses. When I was very young, we used to visit my grandparents farm in Sunman Indiana every summer. It had an outhouse, no running water inside, a wood burning stove and a water pump in the front yard we accessed each time we needed water for daily use. I remember loving that place and it just sort of stuck in my heart as a little paradise where cherries turned into sweet bubbly pies all in the same day and dishes were washed every meal in three large grey enamelware buckets on the big wood stove. I can close my eyes and see that kitchen and all of it's farmhouse beauty in full color and detail.

I think many Farmgirls here have beautiful stories that they have shared about how they love their current farms, animals, and farm life. But then there are many Farmgirls, like me, who live in the city, but feel like a Farmgirl. Enter MaryJanesFarm! Since Farmgirl is a matter of heart, location has nothing to do with what a Farmgirl feels or does. Countless aprons have cradled fresh baked bread for a neighbor, jars of delicious jams have been gifted to family and friends, and acts of kindness have occurred to neighbors and friends in need on a regular basis. These acts of sharing, kindness, and community support happen every day because we hear about them here at our Chatroom. There is always someone who is ready to offer support, answer a questions, reach out in a time of sadness or uncertainty, and so much more. When I read the entries here on the Chatroom, I feel part of a larger community that is dedicated to being loving and helpful.

My life gets inspired and better every time I read how someone did a simple but loving act to someone. Plus, when I do badges, I always learn important information and grow and change. I feel we are so very lucky to all be here in this MJF community where we can share what we do and how we are able to make our world a clearer, prettier, tastier, and beautiful place by being good stewards of our homes, land, and communities where we live.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2017 :  1:16:20 PM  Show Profile
A great idea. I know a few of the farm girls that could share wonderful stories.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2017 :  06:31:28 AM  Show Profile
Cozynana's idea is so beautiful. Could it tie in to the Farmgirl Sisterhood stories? A lot of the tasks accomplished could be the basis for a lot of good stories of teaching, helping, caring, giving that farmgirls do.

Allison
Farmgirl #473

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com & www.wayofthewife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Book Ideas: Previous Topic The giving heart of a farmgirl Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page