Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2017 :  09:21:07 AM  Show Profile
JOIN US!!

Mail Art is defined simply as sending small scale art works through the postal service. It took root as an artistic movement in the 1960’s and it is still enjoying a quiet fame today. We hope Mail Art will foster personal communication and creative expression between members of our Farmgirl Sisterhood.

Make a fellow sister feel special by sending her a little something in the mail. Draw it, paint it, stitch it, glue it, hammer it, however you choose to express yourself, share it. If you aren’t feeling inspired to make something, consider sending an old photograph or some other cool piece of vintage ephemera. The possibilities are literally endless, but keep in mind that two-dimensional items are less expensive and less bulky to mail.

If you would like to join us, here are our guidelines:

TO SIGN UP, please post a comment under the current mail art thread in the forum stating that you would like to participate.

SIGN UPS for mail art are available from the 1st to the 15th of the month prior to mail out deadline. I will send out an email on the 16th of that prior month to let you know the name and address of the person to whom you’ll send your mail art. Please respond to let me know you’re rip-raring to go, and then get something beautiful in the mail prior to the last day of the following month.

The MAIL OUT DEADLINE to your partner is the LAST DAY of the FOLLOWING month. In other words, we will exchange mail art 6 times a year, every other month to allow everyone ample time to send and receive before we start the next sign up.

Please post pictures and thank you notes under the topic in the forum.

If you find you cannot make a deadline, please let me know immediately so that I can make other arrangements for the farmgirl who would have received your mail art.

It will be so exciting to get to know each other through our art! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send me a message.

Happy Swapping,

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
  Farmgirl Mail Art: Previous Topic Farmgirl MAIL ART Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page