Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Vintage Apron, Feedsacks, Material, Hankies Websit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Vintage Apron, Feedsacks, Material, Hankies Websit Next Topic
Page: of 2

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2005 :  12:37:42 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls just landed on a cool website with an excellent selection of vintage aprons, materials, feedsacks ect... Some are reasonably priced, the tablecloths are really interesting. Enjoy!!
www.rickrack.com

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2005 :  1:38:29 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for sharing that website with us! It's is very cool! I would love to have an antique quilt.
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2005 :  5:53:17 PM  Show Profile
I agree! Thanks for the website. What fun!

Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

countrykat
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

kathy
paola kansas
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2005 :  10:34:42 PM  Show Profile
Very Cool. I collect dresser scarves so this was a really neat site to browse through. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2005 :  08:43:13 AM  Show Profile
Way cool!!! Thanks for the site Jenny!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Lindy Reilley
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Lindy
Fillmore California
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2005 :  5:33:44 PM  Show Profile
Ditto on the thank you for the vintage mat. site. I have spent all day on the site.
I loved everything on there. I was able to show my husband and say "see we have thousands of dollars worth of material!" (to rationalize my purchases) the problem is that I am like Gollum in the Lord of the Rings. I sit in my sewing room with the materials and say "my precious". Just joking but originally when I bought the materials I had plans of starting a home bus. making things such as aprons etc...lots of ideas just haven't followed thru yet. I probably will end up just trying to sell them.
Lindy
Go to Top of Page

countrymamma
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Rural Manitoba
Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2005 :  07:18:31 AM  Show Profile
I collect antique aprons. Going to check this site out in a minute. Thanks for the link.
Go to Top of Page

Thistlewoodmanor
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Deb
Geneva IA
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  8:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Thistlewoodmanor a Yahoo! Message
Neat site! I recently stumbled on a large quantity of perfectly preserved feed sacks.......perhaps I can sell them. BTW, Countrymamma, I've been selling antique aprons on ebay lately, I'll be listing more this week under the name Thistlewoodmanor.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~annavon431/
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  9:01:22 PM  Show Profile
Hey Deb! You can also put some of your feedsacks for sale under Marketplace here. It's a brand new area that's been created so we can do business with other Farmgirls.

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

North Clark County Farmgirls and
Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  9:16:18 PM  Show Profile
Yes Deb! Do that!! I would be interested in purchasing some!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

Erin Raincrow
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Julie Erin
New Mexico
65 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2005 :  11:52:11 AM  Show Profile
Yes, please post them. I'd love to look at them and possibly purchase some. I want to frame them to put in my "new" kitchen at the farm.

BTW, love your website

But once in while the odd thing happens,
Once in a while the dream comes true,
And the whole pattern of life is altered,
Once in a while the moon turns blue.
Auden
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  06:28:29 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the URL! I love this stuff.

I started collecting hankies when I was only five. No competition then. There are some beautiful things on this site.

Looks like when I'm ready to retire I can just sell the handkerchief collection and not worry about my 401K LOL.
Go to Top of Page

corswnw
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Claudia
Kansas City Missouri
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  10:10:39 AM  Show Profile
[

Good morning ladies. I'm new to this kind of communication and hope I figure it out okay. I am interested in finding an online company for simple cross stitch pillow cases, dishtowels, etc. My step-mom told me when she was a young woman--when someone was having a wedding shower, all the guests would sit there and stitch dishtowels with each day of the week and give the finished products as the gift. I have seen some of these lovely towels at the flea market. What a neat idea!!!
Go to Top of Page

corswnw
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Claudia
Kansas City Missouri
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  10:16:40 AM  Show Profile
I just checked the website and it is really neat, but what I want to find is a company that sells the cross stitch or needlework kits (vintage or old-fashioned patterns). I have run across the company www.fairwayneedlecraft.com which I have used (bought at the local five and dime). Any suggestions for on-line companies????
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2005 :  08:33:38 AM  Show Profile
Deb, I'd love to look at them too, I collect old linens, aprons etc.
Welcome Claudia!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

corswnw
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Claudia
Kansas City Missouri
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  09:34:41 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for welcoming me. I am spending my evenings stitching on pillowcases and loving it. Believe it or not, Kansas City still has a nice little 5 and 10$$ store, complete with wooden floors, and I'm finding a fairly good assortment of Fairway Needlecraft Co. (St.Clair, MO)projects. This pace of stitching is such a nice change from traffic and the materialism of the city. I can't wait to move!!!! Thanks again for the communication.
Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2005 :  07:52:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Haven't had time to check out all the forums lately, been busy planning an upcoming vacation (leaving this week). In the meantime thought I'd let everyone know about a neat idea I plan to try with vintage aprons (or new). Use them for kitchen curtains! You simply measure your window(s), figure which aprons to use, how many, etc. You remove the ties, sew them together or leave them loose along the sides (whatever works depending on the aprons).
You sew them together along the top, apply ribbon, bias tape, whatever on top to make a sleeve for your curtain rod (you could also just use clips). A neat idea for displaying your aprons!

Cecelia

ce's farm

"Curiosity is one of the forms of feminine bravery" Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

dedicated-accumulator
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

2 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  1:27:11 PM  Show Profile
I've considered this many times but I wonder about sun damage? Any thoughts or experience on that aspect?
MJ

quote:
Originally posted by cecelia

Hi everyone. Haven't had time to check out all the forums lately, been busy planning an upcoming vacation (leaving this week). In the meantime thought I'd let everyone know about a neat idea I plan to try with vintage aprons (or new). Use them for kitchen curtains! You simply measure your window(s), figure which aprons to use, how many, etc. You remove the ties, sew them together or leave them loose along the sides (whatever works depending on the aprons).
You sew them together along the top, apply ribbon, bias tape, whatever on top to make a sleeve for your curtain rod (you could also just use clips). A neat idea for displaying your aprons!

Cecelia

ce's farm

"Curiosity is one of the forms of feminine bravery" Victor Hugo

Go to Top of Page

little feather
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Tawnya
Walnut Creek California
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  2:51:43 PM  Show Profile  Send little feather a Yahoo! Message
MeadowLark!
Thank you for sharing the RickRack site! I saved it as a fav! You know how I love those novelty prints!

Now, I just have three quilts to finish and I can allow myself to shop for more material!

Where ever you go, go with all your heart!
Go to Top of Page

showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  5:03:59 PM  Show Profile
hey mj-

i've used aprons as curtains for a couple of years now-i just clip them to my curtain rods with old clothes pins and rotate them about every month or so-no sun damage so far and my view keeps changing!

talk to you soon-
karen

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  07:38:57 AM  Show Profile
I know we all had this discussion on how Budget Living was not very budget minded, but I had to buy the latest issue....they showed curtains out of vintage aprons!!!!!!!!!!! They looked so cute. This thread reminded me of the article. Go for it!!

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  11:21:42 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the tip Kim, I'll have to check it out! Just what I need another magazine to add to my growing pile! I am turning into a mag addict!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  11:37:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I know, me too. I have a growing stack in my hotel room. I'll have to read them all and tear out necessary pages before I go home. Otherwise I won't be able to lift my suitecase!!!

E-mail me at greendeere@yahoo.com if you'd like to get together!

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  11:57:30 AM  Show Profile

Thanks Meadowlark for the link to the rickrack website ~ I will take a look. My mother put rick rack on many of the clothes she made for my sister and I ~ even on my clown costume for a dance in junior high!!
MaryJane put a beautiful vintage apron ~ yellow with bright red flowers ~ on the window of the new outhouse for the B and B guests. It looks fabulous! It is in a shady spot so shouldn't become faded in the sun.
Apron strings are the strong ties of friendship!!
love ya'll,
Cindylou

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  12:38:08 AM  Show Profile
HI
I was in Puyallup,wa today at Pacific Fabrics,and this young gal was
buying a apron pattern and fabric to make it. I wanted to talk to her but it didnt work out.
Isnt that great!!!!! It was the old fashion kind like my grandma used to wear
shirley in OLY<WA
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  12:50:26 AM  Show Profile
I dont know if im in the right place for this but here goes.
I have this clothes pin holder for hanging clothes outside.
Its made like a little dress in front and then the bag that holds the pins is out the back, but you reach for the pins through the neck of the dress, the skirt is pleated and top made like a dress top is where a little wooden clothes hanger fits and holds it up by the shoulders, its red and white stripes. My mother gave it to me when she moved(she was going to throw it out) its really wareing out because I use it.
My question is, have any of you ever seen one like this or a pattern. I would like to make one and retire this on.
hope this makes since
Shirley In OLY
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Vintage Apron, Feedsacks, Material, Hankies Websit Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page