HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  06:24:35 AM  Show Profile
Why are there no hillbilly farm chapters---or are there? Hillbillies talk to me--ha,ha.

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  11:59:27 AM  Show Profile
Barbara,,, lol! keep on yoodling,, you'll find WV farm sisters... they are out there...

In fact,,, put it out there and start a group... even if it is only a virtual group,, 'sitting on the porch, and sippin' iced (well today maybe hot) tea" and sharing gardening/sewing/cooking ideas.

>^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LisaStrange
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Lisa
Dandridge TN
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2018 :  11:03:54 PM  Show Profile
I’m in East TN close to pigeon forge. I’m half hillbilly from my husband and redneck from Mobile Al. Where are you at? I would love to get together with the girls sometimes. I have a glamper and I’m ready to use it.

Lisa Strange
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2018 :  07:35:51 AM  Show Profile
You are the first person to answer this so there are no girls yet. It would be fun if some other hillbilly girls answer this. I am proud to be a hillbilly. I live on land that was settled by my family in the 1800's. No other families have ever owned this property and I am proud of my hillbilly heritage. So when I say hillbilly I mean it in a good way. I live halfway between Princeton and Beckley. We are also fairly close to Hinton. Where is your husband from? I hope to hear back from you and maybe some other proud mountain women. I am 61 years old---an old hillbilly.
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2018 :  11:27:39 AM  Show Profile
Barbara we loved West Virginia! We traveled there a few times a year spring and winter! Have a timeshare in Harrisburg Virginia and we would go skiing at Snowshoe. I loved HarpersFerry, Bath, and we have friends in Charleston. I always wanted to retire there but not the hubs! Met lots of great folks! I hope you find some gals to make your chapter!

Farmgirl #7703
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2018 :  04:43:56 AM  Show Profile
People---this is so funny. I was making a joke. I have never known anyone in WV who was interested in something like this. I am a weird hillbilly---always was. Never understood the people here and still don't. But I love my life and the fact that I am different. I acted like Darlene on Roseanne in high school and was in love with Mick Jagger---I am an old hippie hillbilly for sure.

Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.===Sherrilyn Kenyon
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2018 :  05:00:12 AM  Show Profile
Any old hippie hillbillies out there.? I know southern WV isn't cool. Northern WV is so different that I don't even consider it WV. We border Virginia and can pop over there in no time.

Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.===Sherrilyn Kenyon
Go to Top of Page
  4. Shout it!: Previous Topic Appalachia Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page