Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Thrift store fashion Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2018 :  09:32:57 AM  Show Profile
Who else is into thrift store fashion? I found a pair of Coach shoes for three dollars, then I found a shirt that complimented them for three fifty. I got a pair of Talbots pants for four dollars and an embroidered jacket from India for five. I love finding unique clothes for cheap prices. Thrift stores are also great if you remake your clothes. The search can be tiresome, but when you find that special article of clothing, it's worth it.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

I'll be Thelma. You be Louise.

Caught somewhere between girl on fire and girl on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Choosy moms choose Prozac.

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2018 :  6:19:30 PM  Show Profile
Love to shop at thrifts also. I love finding brand new items that have been donated. And you can get a much bigger wardrobe there.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2018 :  02:15:24 AM  Show Profile
I love shopping at thrift stores. I have been into this since 1975 when I was a senior in high school. It is like a treasure hunt each time you go to look---you may find nothing or a wonderful special item. You can also find good quality clothes that you couldn't afford new. It also gives you your own look by not wearing mass produced new items. When I was younger I would find vintage 40's and 50's clothes and wear them. Just great fun! It also seems by your quotes that you might be into Anne Tainter---are you? I absolutely love her and I have her books And I get a calendar each year. Keep on thrifting.

You Might Be a Redneck If---you've transported a goat in an economy car.---Jeff Foxworthy
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2018 :  10:33:41 AM  Show Profile
Barbara--I love Anne Tainter. My favorite is: A real friend helps you hide the body.
Cindy

Medicated AND Motivated!

I'll be Thelma. You be Louise.

Caught somewhere between girl on fire and girl on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Choosy moms choose Prozac.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2018 :  06:06:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh I love them! My best friend and I will go “junktiquing” and have also found lots of good fun clothes. Recently, I found a beautiful dress I wore for Easter. Vintage style but new, from Banana Republic. I wont walk in that store- too high! But my dress was $3! Somei years that is the only place I can find fashion for my body type when trends are not wearable for me.

I’m also crazy about vintage style and there’s treasure there! Totally agree with Barbara!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  3:30:57 PM  Show Profile
I've gotten really good at finding authentic Coach bags at thrift stores. I've learned how to identify the knock-offs from the real ones, and I've found some pretty fantastic bags for between $25 and $40. I absolutely don't need them, but I usually get them anyway!!

Farmgirl Sister #127
My blog: http://14thandoak.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  8:37:24 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I shop at thrift stores on a regular basis. Right now I'm not looking for much but I do keep an eye out for the blue jeans that I like . . . finally found a brand/style that I really like. One time I bought a pair at a local thrift that has a $10.00 bill in the pocket. . . I paid only $1.50 for the jeans!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2018 :  3:51:03 PM  Show Profile
I also love thrift stores. Up until I moved to Florida, all of my clothes came from thrift stores. I still buy some clothes, but mostly look for silver plate items that I collect.

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2018 :  1:32:38 PM  Show Profile
I have a love/hate relationship with thrift stores. Most of the time, I never find anything that fits or useful. I have better luck checking out local estate sales on the last day when everything is 50% off. Recently, I got a beautiful hand pieced quilt , a few pewter pieces to use as candle holders, and some fun blue granitewear pieces.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2018 :  5:35:59 PM  Show Profile
I can be added to this list, I very rarely buy from a department store. I like my jeans broke in, we have a Goodwill and a Bargin Barn which is also part of Goodwill, I get all my silk flowers there, they weigh items there, few week ago I came out with two big sacks of greenery for 1.50. Great places to shop. Hugs Karla

FGOM March 2018

I dusted once, it came back. I'm not falling for that again.
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Thrift store fashion Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page