Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Taking down the fence, literally!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Taking down the fence, literally!!! Next Topic  

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2018 :  7:07:23 PM  Show Profile
Well since Hubby retired and does more of the cooking that makes me the MBW. So since he is the stay at home "wife" and I am the bring home the bacon husband he decided I should help him with manly things.

Today I used a power tool and cut down the decaying fence between the neighbors and us. Their men folk were down with the flu and couldn't assist. Cut down the whole fence myself while hubby was setting poles after me. That saw-all took all my shoulder and arm strength to keep it in line. If I kept doing this for a living I would have to buy bigger shirts. If that wasn't manly enough Hubby sent me to the hardware store to buy 3 more 8ft posts and two bags of fence post cement. Dummy me forgot my leather work gloves and got a splinter in my thumb, ouch! Had to drive his old truck. The seat doesn't move forward enough so I can't sit back or my stubby legs can't reach the pedals.

After cutting a fence like a man and bought lumber and cement like a man I told Hubby I am done for the day. I am going inside dab on perfume and sit and knit and try to remember how to be a girl again.

Just kidding. It was cool helping Hubby but I would rather can pickles. Oh and tomorrow we guys have to frame it up and power hammer on the slats. Glad we have awesome neighbors.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17034 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17034 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2018 :  8:33:24 PM  Show Profile
Nancy,,, You GO Girl!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6822 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6822 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2018 :  02:10:56 AM  Show Profile
FarmGirls can and will tackle any job along side a man but we do like our girly stuff. Good job Nancy.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2018 :  12:51:22 PM  Show Profile
I have done man's work for so many years the only time that I am still sure I am a woman is when I dress up and go to town---ha ha. I do put on make-up and perfume every day though. But I have never worked with a saw or anything like this. I am scared of power saws. So congrats. Be proud.

You Might Be a Redneck If---you've transported a goat in an economy car.---Jeff Foxworthy
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2018 :  6:45:12 PM  Show Profile
It was a little scary because of my clumsy history but Hubby is super safety conscience and watched me for a few cuts to see I was handling it.

Next I think I want to learn to cut and shape metal with fire. Always wanted to learn welding. Seen a gal make awesome yard ornaments. If I could find a very patience teacher think I would.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6528 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2018 :  1:00:31 PM  Show Profile
Great job, Nancy!! You had a big job to tackle by yourself! I bet it all looks so much better too.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Taking down the fence, literally!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page