Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 Can't wait for the holidays. Want to forget 2018!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Holidays: Previous Topic Can't wait for the holidays. Want to forget 2018! Next Topic  

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2018 :  05:51:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi farmgirls,

I don't know what it is, but I can't WAIT for the holidays to begin. I think I will start putting out just a few decorations November 1! I have the house all decked out for Halloween, and friends are coming over tomorrow to watch movies and eat pumpkin chili, but I am finding myself already looking forward to the Christmas season. I will switch out Halloween for a few Thanksgiving decorations, but am also going to put a few things out that are Christmas-y.

I splurged and ordered a vintage-looking aluminum tree for my dining room. DH and DD and I are staying home this year for Thanksgiving. I will cook a feast.

I also picked up wrapping paper yesterday when running errands. Wrapping paper, lol! I usually don't think of Christmas yet. And when no one was home, I played a few Christmas carols.

Anyone else giddy for Christmas? We were supposed to get family to visit, but they may not come due to health issues. But I am looking forward to all the cheer that Christmas brings.

2018 has been a year that has been most difficult. We lost my aunt last Christmas suddenly, and another aunt is in hospice after a long illness. There was so much destruction in our area from the storms, job losses, illness, and death in my family and in my friends' families.

Maybe it's that. Looking forward to cheer. Or maybe I just love the holidays. Either way, I can't wait. Anyone else feel that way this year?

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger

strength.dignity
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jamie
WAUSAU WI
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2018 :  06:11:08 AM  Show Profile
Nicole,

I know the feeling, we didn't have any devastation from storms around here but this past year was hard. Last December I lost a grandfather and in August a grandmother. They were the last two I had left and losing them both had been really hard.

I love the cheer Christmas brings, so I am looking forward to it. I can't bring myself to decorate at home yet, leaving fall out as long as possible, but at work I am starting to decorate. I work at a thrift store, and this weekend starts the beginning of the holiday season. I can't wait to start playing Christmas music through the store, we have already played it in the backroom.

I hope the holiday seasuon brings you lots of love and happiness.

~ Jamie
Farmgirl #7695

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." Proverbs 31:25

Edited by - strength.dignity on Oct 30 2018 06:12:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2018 :  06:16:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Jamie, I am so sorry to hear you lost Grandparents. They leave a hole that can never be filled except with wonderful memories. I think of mine often, and I lost my last grandparent twenty years ago, and her sister a few years ago.

I bet it is so fun to work in a thrift shop! Seeing all the treasures first!

I won't decorate too much before December, because I don't want to be sick of it all by New Years, lol! But just a wee bit...

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2018 :  12:28:55 PM  Show Profile
I'm pretty excited for the holidays this year, but I think it mainly has to do with my son. He is almost 3 and is super excited to go trick or treating tonight. Plus Santa is more understandable this year which makes me even more excited. Seeing the joy that the holidays bring my kids just makes them that much more exciting for me! Also this will be the first Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas for my baby girl! There is a ton of excitement in our house this season.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  8:36:25 PM  Show Profile
Hugs to you Nicole and hoping you have a wonderful holiday season!

Jana

http://www.emhardt.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  12:42:51 PM  Show Profile
Nicole - I love Christmas all the time. I say if you're ready start decorating!! I will be as soon as I get a free day :) My tree has to wait a bit though - we get a real one.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2018 :  08:49:26 AM  Show Profile
Nicole,, hoping you are smiling and enjoying decorating...
Turn up the Holiday music, put on a scented candle and sing and dance to your hearts content as you decorate..
huigz

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2018 :  09:43:10 AM  Show Profile
---I want to forget 2018--- nothing but rain and problems. I keep a small tree decorated in my parlor all year and I love to go in and set by it---brings me joy. So Let's all get busy and go for the gold. Rock on ladies and Happy Holidays to you!

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2018 :  05:06:54 AM  Show Profile
Nicole, I am guessing by now you are having a blast pulling out the Christmas decorations and getting into the holiday spirit!! Enjoy all the special memories and fun that only the Christmas season can offer and may it be a celebration of all the blessings that have helped you and your family this past year with family losses and tough times in general. Oh by gosh by golly.......it’s time for mistletoe toe and holly!!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2018 :  08:18:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls!

Krista oh how fun your holidays will be now with your babies! My baby is 16! It goes by fast.

We are still decorating! I should finish it today or so. Still need to do the tree and outside lights. We had to find a new tree stand - we forgot the old one broke after last year and it took us awhile to find one! I ended up with an antique one from the thrift shop. Very sturdy. The guy at Target told me they were out of stock and surprised anyone had a real tree, lol.

I have the holiday music on and have been decking all the halls. Even whipped up Christmas pillows for my bed this year, and added a red and white quilt on top that I use elsewhere during the summer.

We have some fun plans for the holidays and are looking forward to a month of cheer!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Can't wait for the holidays. Want to forget 2018! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page