connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2005 :  1:37:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey All of You Mail Art Farm Girls.. Do you think that we should have a Mail Art Chapter that transcends state and national boundaries (since we have our lovely Helen from New Zealand)? I have some certificates and goodies left over from the HOWDY YA'LL Texas Chaper, and I could certainly order another kit or two since we are such a large group.

Will look forward to hearing from you. I promise to get a new master list out in the next week or so.

Connie

cozycottage

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2005 :  1:47:41 PM  Show Profile
I'll restate the one that we've discussed previously here:

Take old suitcases and decopage them with theme appropriate pictures and donate them to foster children or women's shelters.

I picked up my first two candidate suitcases yesterday at Goodwill for $2.50 each, but you may be able to do better at yard sales.

Since I've not done much decopage before, and none on suitcases, I thought these two would be my "trials"... and I will give them to my grandkids. Once I get experienced at it, then --Look Out-- my creative streak might run wild! I thought I'd start out with using some old calendars, you know the ones that have beautiful pics and are too pretty to throw away?....

Anyway, let's hear more ideas, girls!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2005 :  6:00:45 PM  Show Profile
Connie, sounds good to me!!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2005 :  01:13:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi Connie, sorry not sure what you mean by, :transcends state and national boundaries: Can you please explain this to me.? Thanks Helen
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2005 :  05:58:36 AM  Show Profile
HI everyone - I will take part in a Mail Art Chapter! Helen, I will let Connie do the real explaining of her suggestion in answer to your question above, but I think she means this chapter would not have to reflect any certain region or state in the US (like the other chapters) or even any specific country - we would be global! A global chapter of mail artists!
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2005 :  11:53:22 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jpbluesky, I think Ii get it now. :)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2005 :  10:36:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What is Mail Art?

Ciao

Alee
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  07:27:57 AM  Show Profile
Alee, read back through all the previous posts to get the best feeling for this idea. That is how I got into it, and it is fun.

jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  10:02:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Which previous posts? The ones on this thread don't seem to explain it to me...

Ciao

Alee
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  10:04:55 AM  Show Profile
Alee, Go on the topic called Mail Art...that should help.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  10:13:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sorry to be a bother, but what heading is that under?

Ciao
Alee
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  10:38:54 AM  Show Profile
You aren't a bother, ask anytime Alee, that is what we do here! It is under the Farmgirl Swap Shop/Barter heading.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  10:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL

I would never have guessed that Heading! LOL

Ciao

Alee
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  11:37:19 AM  Show Profile
Alee - I am sorry I sent you in the wrong direction! I was thinking as I typed that I was on the thread that has all the mail art stuff. Cheez....a senior moment for me, I guess!
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2005 :  1:56:19 PM  Show Profile
I would definitely be part of the mail art chapter! I was going to try to get some friends together and come up with my own name, and I still will, but this would probably be much quicker and I want a Farmgirl bumper sticker for my car!

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2005 :  9:20:33 PM  Show Profile
Yipee, I got my Farm Girl kit today. I can't wait to call the Feed , Seed And Weed Farm Girls together and get started. And my bumper sticker is on my car. I am one proud FARM GIRL.

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  1:07:30 PM  Show Profile
A global chapter sounds like a great idea, count me in!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

marlyn
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

marlyn
Norwood Ontario
Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  6:27:45 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies.

It been a time since I was with ya all.
Canadian Girl here and just receieved the new Mary Jane Farm Magazine and saw the chapter kit. Love the idea, but felt it to be VERY American. I felt ( sad) left out of some fun.
Global chapters sound good to me.
We are a dairy/Romney sheep farm. Would love to be in contact with other farmgirls.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2005 :  08:29:30 AM  Show Profile
Marlyn - no need to ever feel left out here! Canadian chapters could just as easily be organized! We only have a little ole border between our two countries! If only travel was easier - I have always yearned to see more of Canada and it's beauty.

Let's see your Canadian Farmgirl chapter happen, in addition to the global idea! :)
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2005 :  10:34:52 AM  Show Profile
What sort of Dairy animals do you have marlyn? I only have a few sheep for wool but sure never want to be without them or my dairy goats. I dream of a Jersey cow someday...I sure hope you don't feel left out...we welcome you!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

marlyn
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

marlyn
Norwood Ontario
Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2005 :  5:48:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny. I use to post here back in the winter. home schooling and farming took over. I have holstein cattle ( dairy cows) and Romney sheep, chickens and kids the two legged kind ( 5 of them!).

Because I haven't bben on-line for awhile can I ask--- what is the suitcase decorated for?

Marlyn
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2005 :  5:59:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi all. We are talking about having a mail art chapter so couldn't the global chapter be the mail art chapter since we are now international with our New Zealand member.

More later

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2005 :  6:05:52 PM  Show Profile
That would be great Connie! We want our farmgirl friends from Canada to feel involved and part of all the fun too! We enjoy their input and they have so much to offer our forum! The more the merrier!

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2005 :  07:32:29 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, I read somewhere on the board here that your anniversary is today. HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY!!!

Enjoy your day!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2005 :  10:48:32 AM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls (especially Marlyn) I seem to be jumping in and out of this conversation and going around in circles a bit. This seems to come from having 2 minutes to check in every once in awhile!

It looks to me like we are about to have a Mail Art Farm Girl Chapter that transcends national, regional and U S state borders as was described above.

Marlyn Would love to have you join in the mail art fun. We have about 30 women who are sending mail art to each other so that we can connect in yet another way and have fun being creative. Mail art can be as simple as sending a post card to another person or as complex as creating and sending a detailed drawing. We use "snail mail", and we are just getting started. When a person "joins", she is added to the list and is asked to send a piece of mail art to the next person on the list.

I think that I can speak for everyone when I say that we are all enjoying getting "snail mail"--makes the trip down the road to the mailbox a lot more pleasant.

I am running far behind on everything right now but plan to spend at least half of one day during the 4th of July weekend getting a new master list together and organizing the certificates and bumper stickers to mail out for the new Mail Art Farm Girl Chapter since everyone seems to be in agreement.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2005 :  7:27:56 PM  Show Profile
Robin, I love your Chapter name!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic **Farmgirl Chapters Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page