Page: of 8

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  09:38:42 AM  Show Profile

Hi Whimsy_girl! Say, you might also be interested in meeting Chapter Leader Celeste in Spokane. She is awesome! I met her at the Farm Chicks Show in Fairfield, WA in May. She had a wonderful booth filled with vintage "stuff." She had the cutest glittery red shoes ~ definitely her own unique farmgirl style. I purchased one of her cute new aprons in a blue vintage print. Let me know if you are interested!
sunnily yours,
Cindylou

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  09:47:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh! I'd love to see those glittery red shoes! My chapter is the "Ruby Slippers"! This is so much fun!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  1:49:33 PM  Show Profile
I plan on going to the Oz Museum while I am here!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  2:34:05 PM  Show Profile

Meadowlark ~ please send me an e-mail and I will "connect" you with Celeste and the sparkly red shoes!!
love ya,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  1:38:59 PM  Show Profile
I would love to be a part of the Mail Art Chapter...Anytime , anywhere !!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  09:12:11 AM  Show Profile
Our chapter gets together every 3-4weeks and sometimes in between for a movie night at someone's house with the kids, berry picking, garage saleing, etc.

The things we have done are, collage art cards, homemade bath products, harvest aprons(or for egg collecting or whatever your heart desires), herb and grapevine wreaths and wire chandeliers like the one in MJ's book.

We have also talked about getting together and sewing baby blankets for all the babies affected by meth in our area. Meth is a very serious problem here. One of the girls is a court laison(SP?) and has contacts for us.

We have also found someone to stay with in Spokane and are planning a road trip to go to the farm chicks fair in Sep. I can't wait!!! We are doing an outdoor market together on Sep. 17th to help fund part of our trip.

The biggest part of all of this has been the connection we have already developed. We spend most of our "craft nights" together talking, eating and just loving each other. One of the girls are going through some life issues and we sat on my front porch for at least an hour talking with and encouraging her. This whole thing has been so good for all of us!! Thank you Mary Jane!!

Blessings,

Missy

"Show me you're garden and I shall tell you what you are."
-Alfred Austin 1905
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  09:13:26 AM  Show Profile
I forgot to mention that if there is anyone in our area that would like to join us, we would love to have you!!! Just let me know.

Missy

-Alfred Austin 1905
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  11:09:14 AM  Show Profile

Dearest Missy ~ thank you for caring for others!! Your project of making baby blankets for "meth" babies gives me goosebumps! Those innocent babies need all the nurturing and caring possible, thank you for giving of yourself to those in need!
love ya,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  11:16:14 AM  Show Profile

BuckBellHill and Kydeere,
Soon we will have the Chapter Leader locations available for you to search on the Farmgirl Connection site. Thanks for your patience!
So far we have one Chapter Leader in Louisville, KY. There are several Chapter Leaders in TN ~ Columbia, Tazewell, Lascassas and Cleveland.
If you would like to get in touch with any of these Chapter Leaders send me an e-mail and I will get back to you!! I am in my office Tues., Wed. and Thurs. each week. cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
If you want to start your own Chapter that would be wonderful! You can always get to know other Chapter Leaders, too! So many options and lots of fun!
sunnily yours,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  12:31:15 PM  Show Profile
Thanks CindyLou for your kind words!!

Blessings,

Missy

-Alfred Austin 1905
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  3:39:16 PM  Show Profile

You are most welcome Missy and quite deserving! You are an inspiration for others! Thank You!!
love ya,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  6:10:37 PM  Show Profile
Hello Farmgirls!

Cindylou had to dash out early, and she asked if I would post this letter from her. ~Carol

The Farmgirl Posse Rides Again!!
Clare, in her moderator capacity, myself, MaryJane, and Carol are developing an upgrade to the features on our forum.

We love the projects that are exploding on the forum! You fabulous farmgirls are participating in mail art, making blankets for the needy, creating mail art, aprons, quilts, and dolls that travel. You are tireless in your efforts to give of yourselves to others.

I have a lot of experience in organizing round robins, since I organized the travels of the Premiere magazine and journal. Thirty worn copies of the Premiere magazine have traveled to over 450 farmgirls at heart along with journals that came back fabulously and elaborately decorated. It took bundles of time and organization. I’m pleased as punch to call projects like that part of my “job”!!

Now if I coordinated the travels of the traveling Farmgirl MaryJane and Farmerette MeggieRae dolls, they could return to the farm after visiting say 8-10 farmgirls. They’ll have lots of new clothes, accessories and stories by then. Carol and MaryJane will take pictures to post so you can all see the dolls. Some of the pictures might even show up in upcoming magazines. Typical of girls, the dolls will need new wardrobes fairly often, so after they’ve rested and recuperated ~ tee hee~ I’ll send them out again pronto. As I learned with the Premiere Tour, it’s a lot of tracking and nudging to keep things traveling along. I can plan for the dolls to return for Farm Fair next July so you can visit them when you come.

We’ve noticed that several new farmgirls on the forum are feeling lost because some of the conversations are quite lengthy. They can’t easily find a central spot to sign up for any of the projects that are going on. Nothing confuses and discourages farmgirls like chaos! MaryJane has gone to great effort and expense to create the Forum and I know you all appreciate it. We’d like to keep MaryJane-related adventures right here on the Farmgirl Connection Forum and not send our farmgirls off to other websites; it just gets too confusing.

We want to tie some secure “apron strings” around the mail lists by having them originate from the farm in order to protect everyone and their information. We’ll organize a master list for each wonderful, bright, and original “traveling” and “exchange” venue that is created.

Soon we’ll gather up all the lists. You’ll be able to sign up on whichever lists suit your fancy. In the near future you’ll simply e-mail ~ quilts@maryjanesfarm.org, dolls@maryjanesfarm.org, buttons@maryjanesfarm.org, aprons@maryjanesfarm.org, mailart@maryjanesfarm.org, birthdays@maryjanesfarm.org, books@maryjanesfarm.org, etc. Then we’ll e-mail back to ask a few pertinent questions and get your address and phone number. While we monitor the lists for privacy and safety, all you farmgirls at heart can turn your energies toward creativeness and leave the “worries” to us! We have the technical experience at working out the “bugs” on mail lists and organizing “traveling” journals, etc.

Thanks for your understanding, farmgirls and guys! Watch for more details soon.

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  08:44:41 AM  Show Profile
The North Florida Farmgirls has a new member - Anne of Fort White, Fl! I am so happy to have two areas of North Florida represented in the chapter.

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  4:03:20 PM  Show Profile

Congratulations jpbluesky! Be sure to let me know what you Florida farmgirls are up to so I can let the others know in the Chapter Leader Newsletter. Thanks dahlin'!!
still sunnily yours,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  5:58:12 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!!!

News from the HOWDY YA'LL CHAPTER in North Texas. Marion, one of our loyal members, just won a blue ribbon at the North Texas State Fair for her wonderful chili sauce.

Applause!! Applause!!!!!

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  8:33:33 PM  Show Profile
Way to go Marion!!!
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  10:57:09 AM  Show Profile

Hi Connio! Congratulations on the Blue Ribbon Chili Sauce Marion!!
You Howdy Ya'll Texas farmgirls are awesome!
Did you know that Gail, our one and only Chapter Leader in Maryland, won a Blue Ribbon for her pickles?
I'm hoping you will submit your canning recipes on the Mail List site.(Click on the Mail List "bubble" next to the little farmgirl on the Farmgirl Connection page.)
Here is an excerpt:

Canning Recipes (canningrecipes@maryjanesfarm.org)

MJ’s editor has been wanting us to do a canning cookbook for some time. What a great idea to compile all of our favorite tried-and-true recipes with bios to boot! For that matter, send your other favorite (non-canning) recipes for possible future publication to recipes@maryjanesfarm.org.

We have e-mail accounts ready and waiting for:

aprons@maryjanesfarm.org
birthdays@maryjanesfarm.org
books@maryjanesfarm.org
buttons@maryjanesfarm.org
canningrecipes@maryjanesfarm.org
dolls@maryjanesfarm.org
mailart@maryjanesfarm.org
quilts@maryjanesfarm.org
recipes@maryjanesfarm.org

Farmgirls ( just about everyone we know and love) are the most talented, creative, energetic, caring, giving group of women around!! These ideas have all come from you! Thanks for being here!!
love ya',
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  1:23:43 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning Farmgirls!!

MaryJane is pleased to announce that you can now sign up to be on our mailing lists for all the various Farmgirl Connection projects … from traveling aprons, books, buttons, charm squares, dolls, and quilts to sharing mail art, birthdays and recipes.

We’re now ready and willing to gather up all your mailing lists for these projects and manage them here at the farm. Just click on the “Sign up for Farmgirl Connection Projects” link from the Farmgirl Connection opening page to see descriptions of all the traveling projects.

Sign up for the projects that suit your fancy. Send an e-mail to the appropriate project you are interested in, please include your physical address, e-mail address and phone number. You'll hear from Kate with all the particulars. While we monitor the lists for privacy and safety, all you farmgirls at heart can turn your energies toward creativity!

I know there is some confusion, as the mailing lists were started on the forum and are now managed here at the farm. If you’re curious to know if you’re already on a list, please contact Kate@maryjanesfarm.org and she’ll be happy to check for you. Take it Kate! …

---------
Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Kate Edwards and I’m a new member of the MaryJanesFarm crew (oh how exciting!!). I grew up just north of Spokane in a little town called Riverside with my Mom (Teri), Dad (Steve) and little sis (Allie). After high school I went to Eastern Washington University, where I studied Communications. Throughout my life, I’ve always been the kind of person to follow life’s little paths wherever they decide to take me, and this past spring my path took an exciting turn. I was introduced to MaryJane’s son, Emil, at my mom's spring antique show (The Farm Chicks Antique Show and Open Marketplace). The next thing I knew, my weekends were full of visiting the farm in Moscow to see my new boyfriend (oh how fun it is to be a girl!!). Then just this past week, MaryJane offered me the delightful job of organizing the mail lists for all the fun farmgirl projects on the forum and to run MaryJane’s Bed & Breakfast. I couldn’t pass it up!! What an amazing dream this has all become. Now that you all know a little about me, it's time for me to learn all about you. Can't wait to chat with you all soon!!
---------

Other new forum features:

We’ve added a section for Farmgirl Chapters on our website. Our new web features allow you to sign up to Start a Chapter, do a Chapter Search to find and communicate with neighboring chapters, read a recent Newsletter, sign up for a Traveling Journal, and attend a Farmgirl Campout Convention. We’ll also be able to add new pages as new ideas are created.

The Farmgirl Connection is continuing to grow by leaps and bounds thanks to Clare, Eileen and all the fabulous farmgirls at heart that are gathered here! The strong ties of friendship are held together by all our apron strings!! Thank you all for participating in the Farmgirl Connection!

Sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  3:34:08 PM  Show Profile
Cindylou, I can't connect to the email link for Kate to find out if I'm on the list for Mail Art and the Charm Square exchange. I have to use the computer at the library and it won't let me connect for some reason. If she could email me I'd appreciate it. I signed up for both some time ago (about a month), got emails saying I was in, but haven't heard anything since then. Thanks, Jan
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  3:50:19 PM  Show Profile

Hi Jan ~ I will send your inquiry along to Kate. She will be back in her office on Monday and will double check and let you know. I do know that Anna is making more charm squares to send out to the second list that Diane sent. If you're on the second list, you'll certainly be notified when it gets started soon.
Thanks for participating!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  4:08:31 PM  Show Profile
Hello farmgirls!
We thought you'd like to see what Boots, Bonnets and Braids Farmgirl Chapter of Fillmore, California, is up to. I posted a photo and a letter from them on the "Start Your Own Chapter" page -- check it out at http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Chapters/. Cute photo!

Carol

she laughed and laughed ...
Go to Top of Page

Lindy Reilley
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Lindy
Fillmore California
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2005 :  09:47:51 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Carol! Although I'm sure it's just encouraging us to do more silly pics. We can't seem to take a serious picture. I must say though that fun is contagious and our last gathering on Sun -23 girls attended. The hour before the gathering I had 4-5 calls from ladies asking if they could bring a friend - Of course! The more the merrier.
(I had more thank you's and hugs than rsvp's - now that's uplifting)
Lindy
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2005 :  1:29:09 PM  Show Profile

Hi Lindy!
As you know, I've was out of town most of November driving to Maine to fetch my daughter, Molly, and her fiance, Corey. It is wonderful having them home!!
Thank you for all the wonderful e-mails! Your Chapter is setting a fine example for all by having fun while doing great projects. Your pictures always make me smile!
I look forward to organizing the travels of Chapter journals in January. It will give us all something to look forward to after the merriment of the holidays.
Merry Christmas!!
love,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

pioneerspiritlady
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Teri
Cahone CO
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  11:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Send pioneerspiritlady a Yahoo! Message
Looking for Colorado Farmgirls interested in forming a chapter... Or...as I'm from the "Four Corners" region we could have a Four Corners Chapter (NW New Mexico, SW Colorado, SE Utah, NE Arizona). This is an archaeological "Hot Spot" and so much to do and see. It's farming/ranching country and lots of gals who garden, sew, spin, weave, etc... So give me a hollar if your close by... nwamassagedoula@earthlink.net

Blessings,
Teri

'If you are standing next to a rattle snake, you do not have an obligation to wait until it bites you before you decide it’s dangerous.'" Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  10:13:47 AM  Show Profile

Hi Teri!
Welcome to the Farmgirl Connection Forum! It's good to hear from a Colorado farmgirl! I grew up in Denver and Littleton, and do miss seeing the Rockies everyday! I did a lot of backpacking in my 20's. My favorite trip was taking the steam train from Durango towards Silverton and hiking 34 miles up to 11'000 feet ~ the vistas were breathtakingly beautiful! You truly do live in an "archaelogical hot spot"!!
I'm pleased to hear that you're interested in starting a MJF Farmgirl Chapter to represent your part of the state and the four corners area. If you want to go ahead and sign up, I'll see to it that your Chapter Leader kit is sent out. Then, other farmgirls who do a Chapter Search will be able to contact you as well. Many Chapters have only one or two members. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
I look forward to getting to know you!!
Sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic **Farmgirl Chapters Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page