True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - May 22 2019 :  11:28:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Krista
I found this on you tube. I am going to try it. It appears the bread is cooked on slow cook because she mentioned this recipe could be made in a crock pot.

https://youtu.be/pc7SQX_PCpk

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends.
Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - May 24 2019 :  3:50:11 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Nancy! She is a bit hard to hear. She talks so quietly. Plus the music doesn't help. I'm going to watch this tonight when my house is quiet. When are you making it? I don't have yeast so I need to get some from the store.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - May 24 2019 :  5:29:34 PM  Show Profile
I hope soon. We are in the process of selling our house. Tomorrow the inspector comes. A little scary but we still have a few weeks before we close then be on the road as gypsies. I hope I will be able to make bread sometime next week.

TW

Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - May 29 2019 :  3:00:38 PM  Show Profile
How did everything go, Nancy? Let me know how your bread turns out. I found a blueberry muffin recipe to make in the instant pot. I want to try it as well but I don't have a silicone egg mold. I'm going to get me one ordered. Last night I made a white chicken chili. It was delicious and my kids loved it! I will definitely be making that one again.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - May 29 2019 :  3:53:38 PM  Show Profile
I made small loaves of banana bread, one in the toaster oven and one on slow cook. Hubby liked the toaster oven one. He stated it was lighter. I liked the slow cook one as I like a denser bread. Both came out ok.

TW

Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - May 31 2019 :  10:58:47 AM  Show Profile
It sounds like the bread is going to be more about preference and to taste. Im heading to the store this weekend. I'll get some stuff to try out bread and see what we think. Fingers crossed!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2019 :  12:11:10 PM  Show Profile
I found a tuna casserole recipe and had to try it. It was pretty easy with my express cooker. Reminded me of Mom's budget home cooking. Many turn their noses to tuna casserole as a first year married food but this recipe I would make again.

TUNA CASSEROLE

Ingredients
2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 oz. baby bella mushrooms roughly diced
3/4 cup yellow onions diced
1 tsp. sea salt divided
3/4 cup celery diced
10 oz. canned tuna
10.5 oz. cream of mushroom soup
10.5 oz. cream of celry soup
1/2 tsp. black pepper
4 cups chicken broth
12 oz. egg noodles
4 oz. cream cheese

Instructions
Using sauté setting – add oil, mushrooms, onions, celery, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to pot and cook for about 5 minutes, until liquid releases from veggies and then evaporates. Add tuna (with liquid) to pot, along with both cans of soup, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and black pepper. Give a good mix. Then pour mixture into a 1.75qt Pyrex dish. Set aside. Add chicken broth to pot. No need to rinse out first. Then add egg noodles to pot and place 2-inch trivet on top. Place Pyrex dish on top of trivet. Lock lid and cook for 2 minutes at high pressure. Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure. Then remove lid, Pyrex bowl, and trivet. Add cream cheese to noodles and gently mix until cheese is melted. Finally, pour tuna/soup mixture into pot and stir to combine.

TW

Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2019 :  8:28:34 PM  Show Profile
We actually like tuna casserole. It's been awhile since we have made it, but I think I will try this one next. I have been starting to collect Instant Pot recipes on my Pinterest. They make my life so much easier. My new favorite is white chicken chili. I will have to share the recipe and a few of my other favorites!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2019 :  1:36:24 PM  Show Profile
Here is the link to the white chicken chili! It's so dang good and one of my new favorites. We are actually making it again tomorrow for dinner.
https://pin.it/qhizvkckx6ywqj

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2019 :  4:59:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey Krista,,, I made 15-Bean soup in my "insta pot",, turned out super easy.
I have a tendency to go Rouge,, and omitted some things and added others,,
I used water, beef broth and white wine for the stock.. I also added chunked up white mushrooms and omitted the celery. I also had a ham bone in the freezer so I added that as well as chopped up turkey kilbasa...
It smell Wonderful!
The best part,, according to the recipe,, left overs can be frozen for a later meal.!!!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2019 :  6:59:48 PM  Show Profile
Ok, quick update on the 15 Bean soup... Awesome and soooo flavorful! And... DH loved it!
We have enough for left overs too!.. Yea!!!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2280 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2280 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2019 :  07:05:37 AM  Show Profile
Grace that soup sounds amazing and one I know I am going to try. I actually have 2 I.P's. A 6 at. For most of our meals, but I bought a 3 qt. for small amounts like rice, potatoes etc. I don't know how I ever got along without either one.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2019 :  9:08:33 PM  Show Profile
Ooo Grace! That sounds delicious! And perfect for the upcoming cold months. This week I made us and my sister in laws family some white chicken chili in the instant pot. She had a baby last week so I thought a nice warm comfort meal would be perfect. Then after I took hers I knew I wanted some myself so I made some the next day!

Julie, I have an 8qt. I LOVE it! I don't know how I survived without mine for so long. It makes my crazy busy nights that much easier!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2019 :  03:47:21 AM  Show Profile
I do not have an Instant Pot, but do have a pressure cooker. Isn't that basically the same thing? Anyway, my question is... Can I use Instant Pot recipes in my pressure cooker?

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2019 :  08:01:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi Theresa,
I think you could but you may have to adjust instructions to fit your appliance. I have an express cooker which is Crock Pot's answer to the IP. I have to do minor adjustments as my EC doesn't have the same buttons as the IP.

TW

STAND FOR THE FLAG...KNEEL AT THE CROSS !
Grateful, Thankful and Blessed!

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2019 :  11:30:36 AM  Show Profile
Theresa, I agree with Nancy. I believe you can you just need to make some adjustments. For example, the white chicken chili I make calls for me to use a bean and chili button when cooking, but I don't have one so I use a manual button. I just had to do my research to figure it out since all are so different.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Instant pot recipes Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page