loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2019 :  7:03:48 PM  Show Profile
The last 2 years has been a struggle to say the least. I went to see the neurologist and was told that I have reached my limit on far I can go with healing or being able to do better with my TBI. I'm not complaining too much because I have gotten along better than they ever dreamed that I would. Then came my husbands heart troubles and I didn't think he was going to make it through the winter. We were told to prepare for the worst. Thank God we didn't give up and found a doctor that could help him.
My husband has a tree business that we hire help with as he can no longer do the work. We own a bucket truck, chipper and stump grinder. This past 2 months has been breakdown after breakdown.
This past week my facebook account was hacked, I panicked and closed that as well as my email because I was afraid that it might have been hacked too. Thank goodness the email is straightened out up running again.
My son and his wife just had their baby a weak ago today. He was born 3 weeks early because her health has not been good and they were worried about her and the baby. Today she was put back in the hospital because her blood pressure is extremely high and she is so swollen that her eyes are like little slits in her face. She can hardly walk because her feet are so large. She was admitted and is on IV solutions and they are running a number of tests to see just what is going on. I went over to their house to clean and help take care of the 4 young children. A four year old girl with special needs, a 2 year old and the new born baby. I scrubbed the bathroom down for them as well as the kitchen and cleaned the girls bedroom, gave them their baths and came home to take care of my own chores and finish laundry. It seems like things have been piling up with no break to take a breath. I have more work to get caught up on as I could do almost nothing for a year and a half.
I was a medic before and was in the process of changing careers when the accident happened. I lacked one class of getting my associates degree in Human Services. I taught 3 different classes for continuing education for EMT as well as CPR. I was on the Deans list in collage and was ready to tackle a big change in my life.
I am now told that I will have to accept the new me and that I will learn to compensate for the things that I have forgotten or cannot follow. That's a hard pill to swallow. I know that I have beaten all odds just by surviving the accident. I told the doctor that if I came as far as I have that there is a chance I can improve. I truly believe that I can. I'm praying anyway.
I just needed to vent because it seems like the last 2 years have been one giant curve ball. I needed to share it with all of you because it is getting to heavy to carry alone.

Lori Beck

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2019 :  02:56:39 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for you and your family, during this trying time.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4714 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4714 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2019 :  05:10:59 AM  Show Profile
Sending hugs and prayers Lori. I'm so sorry everything is hitting you so hard. You are never alone, we are all here for you.

Dawn in IL

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.
R.W. Emerson
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2019 :  06:03:35 AM  Show Profile
Lori, praying for an extra helping of the Lord's mercy and grace to see you through what life has dealt you.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

1Anne
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Anne
Lebanon CT
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2019 :  05:40:23 AM  Show Profile
Lori, Keep the faith and keep praying - I have seen miracles in my life. And if miracles aren't God's plan for your life, He will be your strength. Praying for you and your family. Anne

Yes, in God I trust.
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2019 :  6:25:16 PM  Show Profile
Michele, Dawn, Sara, and Anne. Thank you so much for your caring hearts. It means a lot right now. My daughter-in-law is still in the hospital. I don't know when she will get to come home. I have been helping my son with the care of the other children and the new baby. I will also be going to court to see what happens to the groomers husband that shot and killed my little Shih Tzu. It has been almost 2 months now since that happened. I am certainly trying to keep the faith and I know that God cares about all that is happening. I'm going to continue to trust that all of this will soon be over. It has been an exhausting 2 years. One good thing about it is that I started taking an interest in MaryJanes Farm magazine and that led me to the Farmgirl Sisterhood. I think that was an answer to prayer because it seems that getting on this site and talking to all of you girls has been a blessing.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2019 :  12:34:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lori -- How is the daughter-in-law doing?
I recently returned to MJF after a long absence. I also feel it is a blessing to be here. I was feeling too isolated for a longtime

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2019 :  3:02:05 PM  Show Profile
Lori,
So sorry to read all this. Keeping you in prayer and your DIL.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends.
Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2019 :  6:21:44 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Nancy. It seems like things are starting to slow down a little bit but I just recently learned that I have stage 3 kidney failure. I am dealing with this and the doctor thinks I'm doing an amazing job of keeping it under control. When it rains it pours. LOL

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic overwhelmed Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page