Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Question-How to remove armpit stains from shirts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Question-How to remove armpit stains from shirts Next Topic  

shawneefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2019 :  1:44:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi! It has been a long time since I have been on the site,but I am back needing help for my daughter in law. This sounds really strange... my son wears his shirts, sweats in them and the tosses them into the laundry. When my DIL washes .. his shirts come out stiff in the underarms and stained. Anybody have this happen?? It stays stiff in the underarm until he wears it again and sweats, then it is soft. Darndest thing I ever heard of! They have well water, and she uses a dryer. He uses commercial deoderant. She has tries soaking the shirts in vinegar and lemon and also tried baking soda. No luck....mosst of his shirts are new and already stained and stiff. Can anybody help us on this situation? I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate any feedback from you beloved farmgirls. Thank you!

I'll tell you the truth, if a man keeps my word, he will never see death." John 8:51

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2019 :  05:59:01 AM  Show Profile
I have a recipe for a cleaner that was meant as a shower cleaner, but I use it for everything...works great on armpit stains as a laundry pre treat. Works great on my husband’s white shirts. First, mix equal parts of white vinegar with blue Dawn dish detergent. Put in the microwave for one minute (otherwise the two won’t mix). Let cool and put in a spray bottle. Generously spray the armpits or any stains on your laundry and rub in. For really bad stains, I also make a paste of water with OxyClean and water and put right on the stain.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

shawneefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2019 :  07:21:52 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Nicole for your input...I will pass this on and see how this will work!! I so appreciate your quick response.

I'll tell you the truth, if a man keeps my word, he will never see death." John 8:51
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2019 :  5:40:45 PM  Show Profile
You’re very welcome! Keep me posted as to what you think. Also, do you use vinegar in the rinse cycle? That helps with stains, as well.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Question-How to remove armpit stains from shirts Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page