shelbyc
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

shannon
murdale british columbia
Canada
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2019 :  10:06:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I haven't been on the site for quite some time, but I thought this might be the best place for my quandary. The last two mops I've had have been the spinning type. Both have wore out I guess, and I was shopping for a new one. Does anyone have the Nellie's Wow Mop? If so what do you think of it? I've read some reviews but would trust your opinions over them Please let me know, Thanks - Shannon

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2019 :  02:22:58 AM  Show Profile
Sorry I do not have a "fancy" mop. lol Mine is just the old "rope"style mop. Not even sure what to call it. I mostly use an electric steam mop.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2019 :  10:42:04 AM  Show Profile
I try to avoid mopping at all times---but I like the Swiffer type things as I have so much pet hair and I do the crawl around on the floor and hand mop thing---although it's harder and harder the older I become. I remember my aunt taught me the only way to a truly clean floor is the hand crawling around with a rag thing. After living in this holler for twenty one years---I could care less---I try to avoid company at all times---LOL.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2019 :  11:28:06 AM  Show Profile
I'm with Barbara - I use the Swiffer wet mop.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

179 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
179 Posts

Posted - May 01 2021 :  10:09:40 AM  Show Profile
I have a new mop that I bought from QVC. It was only moderately pricey considering all things. It is washable and came with extra mop heads. I bought the refill pack of heads so that I can change them out as often as I like. I just use my own cleaner on them, and they have been great! I plan on making my own cleaners to use with them as I run out of the store bought stuff!

Nancy 8352
Go to Top of Page

shelbyc
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

shannon
murdale british columbia
Canada
72 Posts

Posted - May 05 2021 :  09:46:26 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Nancy, I went ahead and bought the Nellie's Wow Mop. So far I'm fairly happy with it, I believe it came with an extra set of pads. I use my own cleaner as well, which is just hot water and vinegar. What do you use? I have laminate wood floors and after mopping there's always a foggy layer on it and you can see all the footprints, it's frustrating. I was wondering if there was a solution to that as well?
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Fancy New Mop! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page