Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 The #1 Craft Tool You Can't Live Without
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic The #1 Craft Tool You Can't Live Without Next Topic
Page: of 2

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2020 :  3:48:48 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Maybe this isn't a tool or is it? I bought a nice old wooden baby changing table at a thrift store and it changed my life! It has 3 shelves and I use it to
store my material. I can see what I have and it stays organized! Now I want to get more. One for books, plants and to show off some beautiful baby
quilts and other quilts that I have. LoL! That is if I can sneak them in the house!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2020 :  9:46:20 PM  Show Profile
What an AWESOME idea, Darlene! You GO girl!!! Love ya to bits! Hugs- Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2020 :  8:17:26 PM  Show Profile
Because I sew at the kitchen table, even though I have a sewing house, outback, my scissors often cut paper, plastic. Packages to open them etc. So after two pair of Ginghers, I just buy Fiskars, I have four pair right now, although one pair has become kitchen sheers. Still they become dull...So several years ago I bought the handy dandy Fiskars sharpner. It has saved many a day and projects too.
My second set of tools are some long tweezers. I learned of the value of long tweezers when I bought my serger about 30 years ago. Now I have several pair. They are so great.And on a he subject of needles, I ask for help. Since i'm usually sewing by myself, I ask God to help me get the thread through the hole in he machine needle. He is amazingly good!

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.

Edited by - TexasGran on Feb 01 2020 8:23:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2020 :  07:01:27 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn! So true about the scissors! I have all different kinds, brands and sizes throughout my house for all sorts of uses. My go-to pair is handmade of heavy surgical steel from Germany, which my husband bought forevermore we were married. I just love them. But you really do need different types to get different jobs done properly! Oh! And I had heard that slicing the blades through aluminum foil would help sharpen the blades... have you ever tried that? If so, did it work?

And tweezers are a real life saver when papercrafting, too! It is so much easier to use them for precision placement of stickers and other embellishments rather than trying to use your big clumsy fingertips!

Two must-have tools for sure, sister! :)

Hugs -

Ninig

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2020 :  08:01:12 AM  Show Profile
Nina, I use aluminum foil on my embroidery and dollar store scissors but I don't let it near the very good pair I use for cutting wool and fabric. It does a good job for what I use the scissors for but I find they do need to be "sharpened" often.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2020 :  10:04:05 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Sara! That's very good to know!

I need to have my scissors professionally cleaned and sharpened so badly. We used to have it done once every couple of years, but the gentleman who did it, did it from his garage, and has long passed. Since then I have no idea where to take them. Does anyone know what type of business does this or where I can take them?

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic The #1 Craft Tool You Can't Live Without Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page