LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  11:13:44 AM  Show Profile
BUNNY...Wow, Welcome Back Girlfriend! I wondered where you were many times.I thought maybe you might have got tired of your living
buddies and gone off Wandering on your own. I didn't dream you had gone back to work full time. Well, Welcome Back...glad to hear from you!
Are you sure you want to move to Seattle??? My Oldest Son still lives there and he can't wait to leave. Has to wait ffor his girls to graduate
and be on their own. He bought a Condo in the High Desert of CA and spends as much time there as he can. Seattle is a Hot Mess just like
Portland. But a little better in the Suberbs. Way to expensive to live there too. Hasn't it been nice to breathe lovely clean air the last few days?
After all that toxic smoke...I loved the rain yesterday too and could go outside without a mask. Yeah!!!

Teacher Tammy...I thought you tripped over your smaller dog!! Mercy, girl that was some fall. I can't believee that you are back in the class room
where you live. Our grandchildren would love that!! But because we have a stupid Governor our kids are all being schooled on line. They hate it
and so do the parents of all 4 of my School Age Grandkids. They want to be back in the glass room and their parents want them there too. lol
My Bible Study Group Starts on-line this coming Thursday once I get Zooom up and running on my computer. Not looking forward to online
teaching but better than nothing. I kept a Chat Room Open all Summer so we could all stay in contact. The first part of the Fall & Winter we will
be studying Shelter In God by Dr. David Jeremiah. It should be a very good and pertinent study for our time of sheltering in place.

Denise...did you get your Plumbing issues fixed??? If it's not one thing its another!!!

Well, sorry My Porchies that I don't have time for more chatting but I'm in pain and fatigue from this Glorious Rain.
Hope to pop on later! For now...Sleep Needed!!

Love, Hugs and Fresh Air once Again,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  11:31:32 AM  Show Profile
Relief at last!! The weather station here at Clearwater Farm in the Idaho panhandle tells us that we have had 3/4" of rain since last night coming in from the coastal areas. How welcome is that -- not only for those in harm's way from the raging fires, but for the weary firefighters all throughout the western states and also for those of us who have been suffering from the lingering smoke. Even though I am almost totally deaf without my hearing aid help, there were two thunder claps so loud last night that they woke me up. Can't remember how long it's been since I was soooooo happy to greet stormy weather.
Stay well. Stay safe. Stay strong.
jean
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  11:48:42 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, it has been difficult to find something affordable and Solid construction at the same time. We are looking more around the Port Orchard Area. I plan on staying away from Seattle proper. The biggest problem has been the amount of people with much more money than my son. Houses sell within a day of being listed. But we still feel it will happen with patience.

My fibro has gotten much worse this last year. One of the main reasons I quit working. I had to do a lot of walking around town And it just got too hard.

Anyway, glad to be back!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  12:00:30 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porch Buds, Oh my goodness, so much going on here.
Bunny, I have been wondering where you went to. So good to hear from you again. Sorry to hear about your living arrangements, BUT glad to hear that you've retired...I think. Hahaha
Dave retired 2 weeks ago and is a completely different man. More relaxed with a happier disposition. But he retired earlier than his intended time of February. He got a bad doctors report of a leaky heart valve. He has an appointment with the V.A. on the 24th to see what can be done. He can't move around much with a broken foot and a brace on it... so exercising is out. And He'll be wearing a brace the rest of his life because he's so BIG. It's a catch 22, isn't it? Sad! So we're starting the next phase of our life with a handicap(no pun intended) ;) We'll make the best of whatever comes.
I'm so happy to hear about all the rains God is sending to all you gals in the west. Thank You God!!!
We had 38 this morning and a THICK frost. Today's high is only 59. Gonna be cold tonight too. Heerrreee comes Fall? Winter? We may just bypass Fall! I like the cold though, so I'm ok with that.
Make it a great weekend gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2020 :  4:31:13 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi all! Waving at you all from Kentucky.. ( HI Sizzers!!)

Weather has been such a blessing here too with the cooler temps in the day and night.. loving it..

Our schools will open on Monday the 28th much to the relief of kids AND parents alike. Hope all goes well for kids and teachers..

Had windows open all day. Time to close them to keep heat in. 50 tonight. YAY! Seems like we were all frying don't it?

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

EMGJulie
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Julie
CLAWSON MI
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2020 :  5:30:50 PM  Show Profile
My first visit to the porch everyone. Bunny - I get your family dynamic and I am sorry you have to be around it. Narcissists are a very difficult personality. Glad you are here where we are all a very inspiring and positive bunch! Tammy, oh my gosh, I don't know how you are managing. I'm just waiting for my turn with my decrepit cat at my feet constantly. I shuffle slowly around the house. Deb, I hope your hubby is still doing better. My husband has had terrible pain with kidney stones - like ER visit and morphine and then he turned into chatty Cathy with all the nurses when that kicked in. Jean, your Labor Day celebration sounded delightful!

I'm just counting the days until I have a little vacation by myself. Does it ever seem so "noisy" (family, work, chores, etc.) that you just need some dead silence with yourself to think? That's where I am at.

Hugs all around -

Julie
Sister #8169 (newbie)

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." -C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2020 :  8:28:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Patsy and Julie, nice to meet you!
Patsy, I miss open windows. My mom and sister are like hermits and never open our windows. Can’t wait to move! I use to sleep with the glass sliding door in my bedroom in my old house open all night. Sure miss it. ( except that one night when my cat caught a bat and brought in as a gift.)

Julie, poor hubby! I have had kidney stones and they are so painful. Hope he is better soon.

Tammy, so sorry about tripped over your fur baby. I have three cats that try to trip me up regularly.

One of my fir babies Alex caught a big mouse today and headed right for that bathtub for a play session. Thankfully I rescued it and took it back outside.

Night all.

So nice to see blue sky here again after the brown smoke.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise

Edited by - Bearclover on Sep 21 2020 8:29:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  04:00:10 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to the Porch for everyone new (and returning!) This is without a doubt my fav place to hang. These chicks are AWESOME.

Like many of you - we are finally getting a respite from summer. Sally dropped 7 inches of rain all the way over here, and summer has not been seen since. The windows are open. The pumpkins are out. There's dust gathering on the furniture and I don't care :)

My Deere came back from the shop again last Friday. It ran 20 minutes and died again. It's now been 2 months. I have nothing good to say about the product or the dealership attempting to fix it (mowers are NOT that complicated!!)

Have some big presentations to do at work this week. Up at 3 and 4 am respectively so far trying to get prepared for that amongst a day full of meetings. My brain is fried by late afternoons, so as the saying goes....making hay.

Have a great week!!!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  3:20:46 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, Patsy is my sister AND my BESTEST friend :)Her FIL use to call us Sizzers. I told her that it's because scissors are 2 parts attached by that thing in the middle and 1 is useless without the other, just like us...2 joined by the heart and useless without each other! *giggle*
Julie, Hi*hands you a warm cuppa*, pull up a rocker, step, or just a porch banister and sit-a-bit! ;)glad you found the porch. Next time you're here tell us a little about yourself. Would like to get to know you! We are all so different here but just 1 BIG happy family! Gobs of support and warm fuzzies if ya feel the need!
We are definitely enjoying our first day of Fall. We've been in the 40's at night for about a week.:)
Happy Autumn Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16960 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16960 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  4:41:42 PM  Show Profile
"D".. I have to laugh,,, we bought a new Husquverna lawn tractor 2 1/2 years ago ,, that has been in the repair shop 3 times! Which is where it is right now,, long story short,, the day we dropped it off ( 3weeks ago) after dropping it off we headed over to Home Depot to get some mastic and saw a new John Deer on sale.. and the price was to good to not buy it,, so it came home with us that day.. it has worked like a charm since day one.. So when the Husqv. returns, we are putting it up for sell.. It is the 2nd Husquv. that we have had that had issues.. We are so done with them.

SO fingers crossed we won't have any issues with the J.D.,,

As for my 'porch'.. today was a nice sunny day.. got some more work done around the property.. after all,, Fall weather is not to far off.
Happy Tuesday and 1st day of Autumn...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6392 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6392 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  6:17:25 PM  Show Profile
Hello, seems my walking on the beach will have to be curtailed for a couple of weeks. I fell today at the beach and hurt my right ankle, the same one I have broke 4 or 5 times in the past few years. It is a very week ankle, always has been. So, I believe it is only sprain, I have it iced since I have been home . I do have a small
Piece of bone from the last break in there. Orthopaedic Doctor in Colorado said if it moves then he would do surgery and take it out. Sadly, I am not in Colorado and I do not have an Orthopaedic Doctor here in Coos Bay Oregon. We will see what tomorrow brings, I pray it is not broke only a sprain but I have enough experience with it to know they can be worse.
So, I am just so sad I had not been to the beach in almost 3 weeks due to smoke etc. and I was getting cranky:-) Now who knows how long it will be before I can go again Wah, Wah!!!!
Thank you for letting me whine and cry here with my Farmgirl Sisters.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6392 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6392 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  6:23:36 PM  Show Profile
Hello, seems my walking on the beach will have to be curtailed for a couple of weeks. I fell today at the beach and hurt my right ankle, the same one I have broke 4 or 5 times in the past few years. It is a very week ankle, always has been. So, I believe it is only sprain, I have it iced since I have been home . I do have a small
Piece of bone from the last break in there. Orthopaedic Doctor in Colorado said if it moves then he would do surgery and take it out. Sadly, I am not in Colorado and I do not have an Orthopaedic Doctor here in Coos Bay Oregon. We will see what tomorrow brings, I pray it is not broke only a sprain but I have enough experience with it to know they can be worse.
So, I am just so sad I had not been to the beach in almost 3 weeks due to smoke etc. and I was getting cranky:-) Now who knows how long it will be before I can go again Wah, Wah!!!!
Thank you for letting me whine and cry here with my Farmgirl Sisters.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2020 :  07:08:46 AM  Show Profile
Ouch Tammy! Hope all goes well with your school year and with the PT.

Bunny, Glad you are getting some clear skies.

Not much happening here. JT got the pipes fixed but hasn't had time to patch the ceiling yet. He's been extremely busy with work. Of course, that is a good thing too.

So glad to have the change in weather. The rest of this week is in the 70's then going back down to the 60's. Yay!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  09:08:24 AM  Show Profile
Debbie, so sorry to hear about the ankle. You may have to keep it wrapped and supported when you take walks, since it's an ongoing thing. Better safe than sorry, right? So YOU'RE the one with that cute tagline about the broomstick. I remember seeing it years ago but hadn't seen it since. Yup, you're the one. Hahaha
My hubby always says, "Going someplace?" or "Better put that in the trunk for a spare" when he sees me grab a broom to sweep or something. Always the jokester.
Well, enjoy your Fall days Girlies... we all know what comes next! :O

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6392 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6392 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  09:32:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi Judy, thank you and yes you are right about keeping it wrapped for my walks on the beach. Just that morning before we went to the beach I was looking for my wrap as it had been a bit touchy and sore lately but, I could not find one. I did put my tennis shoes on and laced them up, it probably would have been worse if I would have had my flip flops on : • )
Stay Safe my Sisters.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon

Women are Angels, and
Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  10:11:15 AM  Show Profile
It’s actually cool feeling in Mississippi, praise God!!!!!!!

Trust Jesus

Farm girl 5171
Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2020 :  1:06:37 PM  Show Profile
I am actually sitting on the front porch enjoying a beautiful cool( yes I said cool!) afternoon. A breeze is blowing and there is certainly a nip in the air. Praise God! I love Autumn. I think I need a cup of coffee to complete the scene.

Trust Jesus

Farm girl 5171
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2020 :  7:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
I know I'm enjoying the cooler weather for sure.. Bring on the apples and all they make.. lol

Oh ya and don't forget pumpkin spice everything too.. yum!

I've been enjoying my hot cocoa mix I make every Fall.. yummo!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2020 :  5:20:32 PM  Show Profile
Hello, there! Got a chair on this porch for me?

I've been gone for years. I moved a couple of years ago from a proper farm (complete with Victorian farmhouse, mice and memories) to a Blue Ridge Mountain home about 40 miles north in the same Virginia county. I'm struggling with gardening in the midst of forested hills but learning to relax into the different environment. I figure it'll tell me what to do eventually.

I'm looking forward to listening to y'all for a while. I brought my knitting.
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2020 :  06:38:59 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Welcome back Rosemary! This porch has lot of room on it, so bring your knitting and tea and set a spell. I'm at the tail end of the BRMs, so can only imagine the beauty of your view. Fall has mostly overtaken things here (tho we reach 80 for the first time in weeks tomorrow). About a month to go for 'peak leaves', but I love it!!!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2020 :  09:10:39 AM  Show Profile
Howdy Porchies!

It's been awhile since I've visited. cooler weather has hubby & I sitting on our back porch watching the migrating birds come in to feed. I'm loving it!

Prayers for anyone in the path of this next hurricane. Delta. We're in the path for about 2" of rain from it as it comes inland. Did some work on our sloped yard to help with water erosion. I'm hoping it helps.

Planning a trip back to Chicago to see family. It's been a year since I've been back. Lost my Daddy in April and wasn't able to travel due to stupid covid. They've all been quarantined as have we. Only going out with masks and hand sanitizer - and only going out when necessary. I feel comfortable visiting with them.

We had our septic tank pumped yesterday. Would have been a cheaper/easier project if whoever put in the septic had put the clean out on the correct side of the tank. Ugh! It was put on the water side so they had to dig out the correct cleanout. Hubby is buying a new lid for it so it will be easier in the future. Such fun. :(

So happy to hear of rain in the upper north west. I've been praying about the wild fires.

Stay safe all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

https://www.instagram.com/elliefunt_/

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2020 :  1:13:51 PM  Show Profile
Hiya Gals, So nice to see so many new and returning faces. Welcome and Welcome Back to all!
There's always room for more. We just put another chair out or scooch over a little to make room.
There's always a hot pot-o coffee, cocoa or tea brewing. I made a big pan of virtual,
no calorie pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting and a pan of my Grandma's gingerbread with real
Whip cream(also good on cocoa). Yum-Yum! Help yourselves. This is a great place to read the morning
paper and chat and watch the sun rise, or sit and release some pent-up daily grind frustration or
simply unwind in the evening. Whyyyy, we may even break out a bottle of wine and have us a hen party
'wine&whine!' Hahaha Whatever the hour, join us, somebody is always here.
Make it a great day Porch-Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2020 :  1:55:56 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone.
Been having a productive week.
When I went back to work a few years ago, I didn’t have the energy or time to do any sewing. I owned a quilt shop for 12 years by Yosemite and when I moved to Oregon I was sewing Upcycled clothing to earn money. I missed it all terribly! So my sisters youngest is now expecting a baby so what a good reason to start some quilt projects. So baby quilt top is finished. I just have to buy a backing and quilt it. I enjoyed it so much, I decided to make my two other nephews quilts. I also finished two ufo’s ( unfinished objects). So I also have three new quilts for when I move.

I have also been crocheting scrap rugs while vegging at the tv..
Keeps me busy at least.
Unfortunately no new houses for sale for my son to look at up north. He is adamant it has to be on acreage With a detached shop. There also needs to be room for me to have a sewing room. So it’s going to take a while.

Anyway, glad to hang with everyone with my nice cup of Earl Grey on the porch.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2020 :  2:32:17 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone.
Been having a productive week.
When I went back to work a few years ago, I didn’t have the energy or time to do any sewing. I owned a quilt shop for 12 years by Yosemite and when I moved to Oregon I was sewing Upcycled clothing to earn money. I missed it all terribly! So my sisters youngest is now expecting a baby so what a good reason to start some quilt projects. So baby quilt top is finished. I just have to buy a backing and quilt it. I enjoyed it so much, I decided to make my two other nephews quilts. I also finished two ufo’s ( unfinished objects). So I also have three new quilts for when I move.

I have also been crocheting scrap rugs while vegging at the tv..
Keeps me busy at least.
Unfortunately no new houses for sale for my son to look at up north. He is adamant it has to be on acreage With a detached shop. There also needs to be room for me to have a sewing room. So it’s going to take a while.

Anyway, glad to hang with everyone with my nice cup of Earl Grey on the porch.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2020 :  06:28:52 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all!
Nice to see everyone here on the porch. We are enjoying our cool fall days here. I have been looking for things to do outside so I can soak up that vitamin D.
Still going through stuff every once in a while to see what I can downsize. Seems an ongoing, never ending job.
Hope everyone enjoys their time on the porch today.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page