True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2020 :  12:40:02 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,

Been having laptop issues - not sure if this will post or no.

D - Our news covers northern Georgia. I am for sure tired of political ads.

Does yard work ever end when you're in the country? So busy here. The weather has turned cool but we're supposed to get into the 70's this weekend. I've already put my porch to bed. :( I still have my back porch to sit and have my coffee if it's not too chilly out.

Hope my laptop stops giving me fits and I can find time to sit and chat with everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

https://www.instagram.com/elliefunt_/

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2020 :  2:52:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Deb -- I'm so happy the political stuff is coming to an end! Yard work never ends but it might slow down a bit in winter. Laptop issues -- ugh. I have what is considered an "old" laptop. It's 8 years old and works fine for what I need it to do. Mostly......because Apple has decided to no longer give me updates on Safari and consider my computer too elderly to let me download a newer browser. More planned obsolescence. I really don't want to spend the $$$$ on a new one when this one works so well except for Safari. This really irritates me as I just had to buy a new phone because my phone company said my phone was too old.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2020 :  4:33:41 PM  Show Profile
I do machine embroidery and my old laptop died! Deadr than a doorknob. Lucky for me my son is an IT guy and he was able to find me a good old gal to transfer my designs on to and be able to hook it up to my machine. Was I ever doing a happy dance... So be careful about what you toss out ;')
Kathy

Family is
GOD's
Greatest Masterpiece
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2020 :  04:13:24 AM  Show Profile
Deb, I was having trouble with mine. It is old and nothing updates on it anymore. My son in love gotting it working again. It's okay because I only use for a couple of things not internet related. I use one I had given to me a few years ago and it works great for everything I need.

It's getting too cold here for porch sitting so I have retreated to my toasty spot by the woodstove. Always have a hot cuppa something in hand.

Working on Christmas gifts and watching movies a lot after work is done.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 21 2020 04:15:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2020 :  10:40:41 AM  Show Profile
Yep, like Judith, I have an 8y/o laptop.. and I am finding that more and more 'sites' are not 'supported' on my old Browser (windows8).. so I have to go into Google Chrome.. uugh!
But, I don't spend inordinent amounts of time on the 'puter.. so I won't buy a new one 'til this one kick the bucket..

Kathy,, does your embroidery machine only work direct from your computer> my older one has to plug into my computer or I can use reader cards.. but my new one I can only use memory sticks... so I have to save my purchased patterns on my computer and then down load to a stick..

Well,, the frost has melted, and the sun is poking it's head out.. so time to head out to the barn and dig through some boxes.. and maybe pull out and rummage through some of the Christmas decoration containers...
So much for porch sitting!!!! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2020 :  11:51:37 AM  Show Profile
Lost and Found. You know as I "surf" sometimes through various connection postings, it seems to me that there are some "lost" Farmgirls. Perhaps we should challenge ourselves to find them. For instance, I spotted posts from "AnnieinIdaho" that seemed to abruptly end in November 2019. Can't help but wonder if she might be a neighbor here in Idaho and someone I might like to get to know better. Anyone out there stay in touch with her? Not much info in her profile. Help me find her please. And, while you're thinking about it, maybe find another lost Farmgirl. It might be kind of a nice "Thanksgiving" thing to do.
Farmgirl hugs from
jean in Idaho

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2020 :  11:56:02 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Jean -

Since she did not put a last name or city in her profile, it would be very hard to find her. I've found several lost people - not MJF though. But need a bit more info than first name and state.

Good luck! I hope you find her.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2020 :  12:25:05 PM  Show Profile
You are so right Linda. I'm just hoping that some Farmgirl stayed in touch with her and can provide more information. It's like a treasure hunt -- except for people instead of "things". And, I also wonder about some of our "lost" sisters. Did they get their feelings hurt over something that was said in the chat room and just decided to drop out? Or did they lose interest? Or did they get sick or disabled and needed us more than ever, but we didn't "know" that? Hmmmm, I wonder . . . .
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2020 :  12:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! I love searching for people I've known and gotten out of touch with. I've also noticed there are some farmgirls who leave and don't say anything. Then again, there are some who pop back up again - and say they left for a while due to one thing or another and are now coming back to check-in.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2020 :  1:17:52 PM  Show Profile
Me too!! It took me almost 60 years of searching to find my long lost brother. But we were finally reunited a couple of years ago. And, how glorious it was and is !!!
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2020 :  6:08:26 PM  Show Profile
That is so heartwarming Jean! I am so lucky to have my sister as probably my best friend. I can't imagine losing her for years! So GLORIOUS to know him now!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2020 :  11:39:51 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Never thought I would be gone from The Porch so much (first time in 10 years) but with my hubby being so ill...it is hard
to get on as often as I want to (like every day!). Plus I am spending more time with my youngest's Family which is a huge
blessing. They are giving me the pleasure of companionship out of the Apartment a couple of times a week. I think I would
be in a Looney Toones Permanent Lockdown if not for them. Our State is one of the Western States that our Governors
are trying to kill us rather than save us. It is okay if you riot and create havoc but they don't want you going to someone
else's house for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Our governor told us to even wear masks inside our own homes. Well, most
of us are ignoring his stupidity! I am going to my kids home for Thanksgiving (there will be the allowed 6 family members)
but we will not be wearing masks!!! ~ We are having a very wet Winter! I think I would rather have snow than all this rain. I can't believe I just said that!!!! LOL

Sorry, that I am not going to address everyone individually at this time...but just know that you ALL are in my thoughts
and prayers. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving and Count your many Blessings!!

Love, Hugs, and Thankfulness for each of YOU,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 22 2020 11:44:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2020 :  1:25:17 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Peggy Ann, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Trust Jesus

Farm girl 5171
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2020 :  1:56:09 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I feel for you on the restrictions. I planning on going to my son’s for Thanksgiving up by Seattle. But saw that the governor banned ( yes, used those words) thanksgiving with people outside your home. Or face testing and a two week quarantine. I couldn’t risk that for my son because of work.

I really hope this comes under control soon. My other family in California cancelled thanksgiving altogether. So sad what this is doing to everyone.

I’m at least here with my mom and sister. Not ideal if you know my comments from the past. But better than being alone I guess.

I’ve been sewing like crazy for Christmas presents. I made 9 microwave cozies and a bunch of fabric baskets. I’ll try to get pictures soon.
My youngest just asked me to make a quilt for his retired commanding officer from when he was in the Marines. So I have been collecting Marine Corps fabric. She took such good care of him when he had some heart surgery while serving. They called her Momma Newcombe because she treated them better than any of the other CO’s they had.

Anyway, time for my afternoon nap with kitties.

Later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise

Edited by - Bearclover on Nov 22 2020 1:59:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2020 :  08:57:10 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,
I am with you on the ridiculousness of some of these governors. We are getting together with my daughter and family. We see them all the time anyway. No one else can make it due to work schedules. Our governor wants us to wear them in our own houses. I think not! Who would that be protecting? Supposed to be to protect others not ourselves. Crazy society we live in.

Working on my Christmas gifts still. Almost finished.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2020 :  11:36:20 AM  Show Profile
Hello gals, just dropping in to remind ya that tomorrow is TeaLadyTammy's birthday. I remember that because my Hubby's birthday is then also. Also, hope y'all have a Great Thanksgiving. Even with all this craziness...I still have a lot to be thankful for! Plus: Thank You God for all my MJFarmgal Pals!!
Indeed! ;D

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2020 :  7:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sis! Tell Dave Happy Birthday for me!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! We all have lots to be thankful for. Count your blessing for sure..

Not sure where or when we are going to celebrate it, but making my pumpkin pies for sure to be ready. Also making my own cranberry sauce. Yum!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2020 :  05:01:41 AM  Show Profile
Happy birthday to tea lady Tammy!

Getting pies made today. Cleaning things up to get ready for Thanksgiving.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2020 :  12:53:51 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Teacher Tammy!!! Hope the boys will be with you guys for Thanksgiving too!!

Judy...Tell Dave Happy Birthday from the Farmgirls on THE PORCH!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GIRLS...WE DO HAVE SO MANY BLESSINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR!!

LOVE, HUGS, AND THANKSGIVING JOY,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2020 :  1:08:21 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Tea Lady Tammy!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I’m looking forward to a little pumpkin pie with my whipped cream and a nice cup of tea.......for breakfast for the next day or so.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2020 :  5:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday Tea Lady Tammy!

Looking forward to a deep fried turkey tomorrow at my son's house. I made 2 pumpkin and 1 apple pie plus fresh cranberry sauce! He's making

mashed taties, sweet taties and green bean casserole.. can hardly wait to gather with family..

Happy Thanksgiving Farmgal Pals!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2020 :  12:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Quiet on the porch...

Got cards all out now and house is decorated for me. Hope you are all staying well and warm! It's cold and damp out there.

Drinking lots of hot stuff and nesting on the couch. LOL

On to cookie baking soon. I told my kids not to expect thier cookie boxes til January as the Post Office is swamped!

So Merry Christmas porch buds till we meet again..take care of you!

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2020 :  06:01:01 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays depending on your religious flavor)... I've been away from the porch for a while now. Tons or work deadlines and making presents for everyone.

The good news - I'm closing in on both. Finish work at noon today. First guest arrives this afternoon. Last guest will leave Sunday. My porch will be full of laughter and cheer and I very much hope the same for each of you.

Having the porch as a means of support, advice and fun has been one of the best things I've discovered this year. Thank you ALL for being here. I wish you the best holiday possible in your state allowed circumstance, and a kickass 2021 - and look forward to seeing you all then!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2020 :  3:11:26 PM  Show Profile
Not to be a Debbie-Downer, but I just found out that a friend of mine lost his 2 sons(5 days apart)to Covid.
My heart aches. I can't even imagine losing 1... but both of them. His only kids too! My husband, retired nurse, said more people need to hear this because they think because they're younger, their safe. It's not just killing old folks, and it's all around us here. Nasty Business!
God, Please Be Merciful to my Family and Friends! Thank you God!
Be safe Porch-Buds! Use common sense, PLEASE!!
Merry Christmas&Happy New Year!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2020 :  3:14:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh... their ages were 19 and 26. They didn't live near each other but were very close in Heart!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page